rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Well played Quins
wombles222 (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 16:06
From a Waspie, your lads fully deserved the win, intensity and accuracy when needed. Smith is a talent! But all yr lads did you proud today! Look forward to seeing you in te Champions cup!

Chris
(Sm128)

Re: Well played Quins
Dave L (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 16:13
Nice of you to say wombles. Cheers.

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 16:21
Quote:
wombles222
From a Waspie, your lads fully deserved the win, intensity and accuracy when needed. Smith is a talent! But all yr lads did you proud today! Look forward to seeing you in te Champions cup!
Chris
(Sm128)

Cheers Mr Wombles.

Was unexpected certainly!

Monte (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 16:14
Thanks great match good to see Hasks hugging Joe at the end.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 16:28
I thought both sides made it a really enjoyable game. Bit of niggle, both going for it. I wonder if anyone has thought about taking games abroad to showcase the Prem?? This would have been a good one!!

Stopsy (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 16:31
Very enjoyable game for a neutral, well done.

poorfour (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 16:38
Thanks, Wombles. Magnanimity in defeat is a fine quality. It was a cracking game, I thought, and neither side really deserved to lose - though Cipriani's yellow probably sealed it for us.

SpringerQuin (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 16:32
Thanks Wombles. A great advert for the game all round and huge relief to get a result up there. Tough place to do that against a top team.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 16:56
Quote:
wombles222
Chris
(Sm128)

Cheers! Hell of a run (sm128)

Prarie Dog (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 17:05
Thanks Quins. That gives us Chiefs supporters some added confidence for next Saturday.
Quins deserved to win the match. Well done.

(Sm152)

Just a farm team from Devon.
We know who we be!

Da' nzho!
Pawel Vygot.

PeterboroughQuin (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 17:53
What a massive win by Quins. Well done lads. Easy when you make the effort. Thats all we ask. You are on the battlefield for 90 minutes. Give it everything. You deserve your wages this week.

DOK (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 18:04
Saw this in the Grauniad "Quins inflicted Wasps’ first Aviva Premiership loss in Coventry since a 26-16 defeat by Saracens in December 2015"

COYQ_2017 (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 18:32
Fantastic result - well done all.

Grumpy Bloke (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 18:55
Well played gentlemen !!Best afternoon's television viewing I've had since the Lion's tour.

thomh (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 18:59
Our best away performance for quite a while. That said, we were lucky that Wasps completely butchered two tries and we definitely had the rub of the green with the referee.

Looking forward, we have to be slightly worried about the way our scrum and maul struggled against a team better known for their backs play.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 19:59
Quote:
thomh

Looking forward, we have to be slightly worried about the way our scrum and maul struggled against a team better known for their backs play.

I do wonder how we'd fare with Elia at hooker. Ward is great in the loose but is quite light for a forward.

I may be in a minority here, but I think we should start with Collier and bench the Sink next week. Collier is the stronger scrummager and Sink would be a huge impact against tired forwards. Add to that, Sink seems not to be on his most destructive form right now. Maybe a post-Lions comedown? Maybe a bench spot would fire him up a little.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/09/2017 20:15 by Quinky Kin.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 20:17
Quote:
DOK
Saw this in the Grauniad "Quins inflicted Wasps’ first Aviva Premiership loss in Coventry since a 26-16 defeat by Saracens in December 2015"

That same article - which is just lifted from the Press Association - tries to talk up the Marler/Hask niggles evidence that Joe is "on the edge" and goes back through the gypsy thing and missing Aussie tour.

Total *insert very rude word*

BlueCap (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 20:29
Cheers fellah. We went more in hope than expectation.

One moan; booing Smith when he was taking a penalty.

One compliment; baby changing facilities than a bloke can access. We have a not quite two year old son and at the Stoop there is but one male accessible baby change. A small gripe I know but one tha others share.

Food was good but pricey however very helpful staff getting a high chair for The Lad.

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 21:26
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
thomh

I do wonder how we'd fare with Elia at hooker. Ward is great in the loose but is quite light for a forward.

I may be in a minority here, but I think we should start with Collier and bench the Sink next week. Collier is the stronger scrummager and Sink would be a huge impact against tired forwards. Add to that, Sink seems not to be on his most destructive form right now. Maybe a post-Lions comedown? Maybe a bench spot would fire him up a little.

I'd be quite happy with that. Also, Collier's work in the loose seems to have improved markedly over the last 12 months.

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 21:29
Was a good game and I was treating beating Wasps at home as up there with beating Sarries or a good French side on their patch! Cracking team who just weren't quite at the races today and Quins took full advantage in a very entertaining match. Wasps are still going to be a serious threat this season.

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

ukms (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 22:50
Would echo what Wombles has posted ...... you deserved the win well done, no complaints from me as we were the masters of our own loss in so many ways. Haskell should know better with Marler and could easily have seen a red. It was the sort of game I'd like to watch as a neutral. I don't think either side benefitted from the ref but he just didn't seem to have natural control or authority on the game.

PeterboroughQuin (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 23:01
I thought the ref had a good game. It looked obvious to me that it was a tactic to get under their skin and who better to do it than Joe Marler.

bg (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 23:12
Well done Quinns... I think you have a gem in Smith. He made the the difference between both teams. ... from a Wasp fan

Kent Fan (IP Logged)
18 September, 2017 05:54
Charlie walker and Marland were on fire

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
18 September, 2017 07:45
Quote:
Kent Fan

Which causes a problem of what to do about Visser. It's a good problem to have, but when Walker and Yarde play as they did, it would be odd to drop either of them.

poorfour (IP Logged)
18 September, 2017 08:42
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Kent Fan

Which causes a problem of what to do about Visser. It's a good problem to have, but when Walker and Yarde play as they did, it would be odd to drop either of them.

[channels inner eddie] Eh Tim mate, all you've got to do to get into my squad is convince me you can play better than Charlie and Marland are doing. Off you go. [/inner eddie]

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
18 September, 2017 09:51
Quote:
poorfour
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Kent Fan

[channels inner eddie] Eh Tim mate, all you've got to do to get into my squad is convince me you can play better than Charlie and Marland are doing. Off you go.[inner eddie]

...and not start babbling to fans that sir doesn't like you anymore...

T-Bone (IP Logged)
18 September, 2017 10:15
Cheers Wombles, and others. Nice opf you to say.

Went to the game not expecting much at all, just hoping we could put in a good performance and might sneak a losing bonus. Did not expect that at all.

Thought the ref missed a fair bit on both sides, and that slightly lost control, resulting in the increased niggle and a few tantrums. Thought he did better in the second half, penalising dissent.

Missed chances by both sides, arguably more by Wasps. Just delighted to have been there for a completely unexpected win

Monte (IP Logged)
18 September, 2017 11:18
Ref and lines men both poor. That kick that was out on the full gave Wasps a much better position particularly as we butchered the line out and from memory they went on to score. All a linesmen has to do is watch the line. If it had been at home the fans would have called it.

Mr_B (IP Logged)
18 September, 2017 17:16
I think in all fairness Wasps should have won that yesterday, they butchered 2 clear opportunities of certain tries with 3 on 1 overlap and not passing etc. I went there expecting a hammering and was pleasantly surprised. The ref missed stuff on both sides so I thought was equally inept at times but got back control and was better in the second half. It was nice to see a bit of grit and determination and in those last few minutes holding on to the ball running the clock down and not kicking away (finally after 2-3 seasons) we learned not to kick back possession, thought the lads did really well and deserved the win.

DOK (IP Logged)
19 September, 2017 07:44
I think in any game you can find incidents were a team screwed up. If our defence hadn't gone to sleep we'd have stopped them scoring tries. Agreed there were two pretty obvious incidents of butchering, but why did they happen? We were pressuring Wasps and they weren't thinking clearly.

TeddingtonQuin (IP Logged)
19 September, 2017 10:05
And who is to say that Marland or Browny wouldn't have got there? What about the penalty try that we could argue for? Would a more experienced / confident ref have given it?

Every match has it's controversial points and if you watch without your own team tinted specs I'm sure it evens itself out.

I started watching it from behind the sofa but quickly resumed my usual Quins optimism and really enjoyed the match. Would still have done so had we lost as it was such a great game and we were competitive for the vast majority of it. Looking forward to Saturday enormously or rather even more than usual!

West Stand, Block FD, Row S
@JT075 #COYQ

matelot22 (IP Logged)
20 September, 2017 06:28
Have to say, I've found myself cringing at some of the posts on our board. The ref was poor, but he didn't cost us the game, our own errors did. Well done for fronting up and getting us rattled.

TeddingtonQuin (IP Logged)
20 September, 2017 07:18
Quote:
matelot22
Have to say, I've found myself cringing at some of the posts on our board. The ref was poor, but he didn't cost us the game, our own errors did. Well done for fronting up and getting us rattled.

Don't worry about it, the same happens here and on the rest of the boards, there are always a one eyed vocal minority! It was a fantastic game and the on field drama (queen? (Sm100)) only added to it!

West Stand, Block FD, Row S
@JT075 #COYQ

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net