rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Anti Marler bs
blucherquin (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 20:22
Wasps/Guardian/whoever now trying to spin nonsense against Marler because they're bitter they lost and trying to destroy Joe seems to fulfill some need in out of shape gutless journalists

[www.theguardian.com]

Re: Anti Marler bs
talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 20:32
Absolute nonsense.

Yes Joe was provoking him but there are ways to react without putting your hands around another persons throat.

If Young and co thing that shows restraint then they are lucky they aren't playing the game themselves.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 20:27
I always thought David Young was a good 'un and maybe you shouldn't give interviews immediately after losing a 20 game winning streak..

Illegitimi non carborundum

Q balls (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 20:36
What a poor one sided piece of poor journalism

I better give it a go then!

dancing quin (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 20:46
It says Kitson was at the Ricoh and also that Haskell was sent off. Shows what a quality journalist (sic) he is. And going by that I hope every single Wasps player will be whiter than white for the rest of Dai Young's Wasps tenure or it will be very hypocritical.

Mayor West (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 20:56
Well if that's the case, all the things Joe has done are other people's fault for goading him. Young can't complain that he got nothing from the ref, they got away with plenty and at one point the penalty count was 9-4 in their favour. I don't know the final figure. Also could easily have been a penalty try for the Cipriani knock on and Launch should have had a yellow for killing the ball on Cliffs break.

godzilla73 (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 21:11
I've said it before and I'll say it again IMHO Kitson just doesn't like us. I don't know what his beef is, but he's managed to make some fairly reserved comments by Livefast there sound like Marler drove a truck into a bus queue of pensioners.

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 21:06
Quote:
“We’ve all seen Hask over the years … you don’t see him react to much. You could see he was pretty annoyed. He didn’t throw a punch, he just grabbed the guy. He’s going to react isn’t he? He’s probably got more restraint than I would have had.”

Well, he grabbed him, then shoved an elbow in his face, then later was so upset by a few drops of water that he tried to throttle him. I think you might be blind, Dai.

Quote:
Quins’ director of rugby, John Kingston, insisted he had not seen the incident but Young felt his team were harshly treated overall by the referee, Andrew Jackson: “What you want from referees is consistency. I’ve got to be honest I thought he was consistent … he gave us nothing all game. There was a lot going on out there. There was also lots of yap which I don’t think helps the game. I don’t like that sort of thing.”

There was a lot of yap - amazing amounts of backchat from Haskell, Launchbury, Daly, and others. Of course, we were the only side actually penalised for it when Ward chirped up...

As for gave Wasps nothing, he penalised Quins 12-7 compared to Wasps!

Frankly, the Marler thing was absolutely hilarious. Imagine being dumb enough to get wound up by that!

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

Dave L (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 21:09
To be fair Jammy he did march them 10 when we won a penalty down in the corner defending our line and Hughes provided some backchat.

Other than that, agreed!

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 21:20
Oh! I missed that. I only saw Ward getting us marched back. Fair enough then. I watched it with a friend and early on said the ref was already losing control. Better second half from him but there were much stronger characters than him out on the pitch and I was thrilled by our attitude.

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
17 September, 2017 21:20
Quote:
godzilla73
I've said it before and I'll say it again IMHO Kitson just doesn't like us. I don't know what his beef is, but he's managed to make some fairly reserved comments by Livefast there sound like Marler drove a truck into a bus queue of pensioners.

Not sure if that's the case but if so it would be strange as he used to live in Richmond, and may still live in the area for all I know.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
18 September, 2017 07:40
Quote:
“We’ve all seen Hask over the years … you don’t see him react to much. ”

That's one of the funniest things I've read in ages! Hask can occasionally be a little... "feisty", shall we say?

tigerburnie (IP Logged)
18 September, 2017 07:47
If that naughty boy squirts water at our players on the weekend I'm sure they'll sqeeem and squeem and squeem(Hasks must be very embarrassed watching that back lol).

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
18 September, 2017 07:52
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
“We’ve all seen Hask over the years … you don’t see him react to much. ”

That's one of the funniest things I've read in ages! Hask can occasionally be a little... "feisty", shall we say?

Did I hear 15 cards for club and country?

ukms (IP Logged)
18 September, 2017 08:06
Quote:
tigerburnie
If that naughty boy squirts water at our players on the weekend I'm sure they'll sqeeem and squeem and squeem(Hasks must be very embarrassed watching that back lol).

From a Wasps supporter I agree in the cold light of day it does seem funny (albeit a bit out of context) but for me Haskell should simply know better then rise to it especially as he knows Marler well ! Although as much as we may trivialise a water squirt, I think many players would react to that when fired up in the middle of a game.

Dark Pies (IP Logged)
18 September, 2017 08:20
Agree the Kitson article is trying a bit hard to make the 'Marler is a liability' story. He did however say this on Twitter at the end of the match:

"Wasps' lose at home in league for first time in almost two years. Fair play to Quins...kept their heads better in the end. "
Twitter

Which doesn't sound too anti-Quins.

Also Marler and Hask were seen hugging it out after the match and Joe tweeted with his usual tongue in cheek after the match

Joe Marler tweet

So show's over...

MrOther (IP Logged)
19 September, 2017 10:06
Quote:
Dark Pies
Also Marler and Hask were seen hugging it out after the match and Joe tweeted with his usual tongue in cheek after the match
Joe Marler tweet

So show's over...

Wonder what Marler's whispering in Haskell's ear in the post-match clinch ...

RossM (IP Logged)
19 September, 2017 10:48
So show's over...

Not quite. Marler cops for a retrospective yellow.

BBC

Wonder what Marler's whispering in Haskell's ear in the post-match clinch ...

AAARGH.......not the ribs, not the ribs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/09/2017 10:49 by RossM.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net