rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Injury update
blucherquin (IP Logged)
20 September, 2017 02:14
Apols if someone listed this elsewhere but maybe it's helpful to have as a standalone. JK listed a few updates in his post match - audio went up earlier.

The Cat - minimum 6 weeks, but probably longer
Alofa, Matthews, Morris, Buchanan back in training this week
Chisholm older and younger - "not far away" said he'd expect them in "next few weeks"
He's waiting for a report on Saili - said "a few weeks"
Bothma - mid November

Re: Injury update
HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
20 September, 2017 05:19
To be fair, ones like Cat and Bothma I expected longer. Good news about both Chisholms also (Well to be honest, good news about all of them).

Rocker (IP Logged)
20 September, 2017 07:30
His 2 big signings both out for a number of weeks still. Must be wondering about his luck...
Good news about the rest of the guys. We need bodies back ASAP. Looking forward to seeing what Sali can add to our attack that had looked a little toothless so far this season.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
20 September, 2017 12:45
How can they put a timeframe on James Chisholm?

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
20 September, 2017 13:04
Timeframe
James Chisholm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/09/2017 13:04 by Bolly-Quin.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
20 September, 2017 13:21
very good

HarleyQuinn (IP Logged)
20 September, 2017 14:18
Looks like most should be back for the International break?

WoTQuin (IP Logged)
21 September, 2017 08:59
Or at least to cover the next ones who get injured. The number of injuries all clubs and countries are having to cover now is incredible, no wonder the business model is under pressure, let alone the career choice for a number of players.

never sleep (IP Logged)
21 September, 2017 09:53
It is good news that Morris is back. We may need him to cover Brownies paternity leave - (although Swiel didn't do too badly at fb during a-league games.)
But, I think that you have an interesting selection choice.
If you start with Morris at fb, then you keep Yarde and Walker as Morris appears to play in a similar style to Mike.
But, if you start with Swiel, then I would consider swapping Visser and Walker as I think that Visser gives a bit more physicality. I know that this is very harsh on Walker - but, in my head, Walker is a better attacking winger (blistering quick and reads the offload) and Visser is a better defensive winger (good under the high ball and earns interceptions).

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
21 September, 2017 10:23
I cant see Brown missing a game due to Paternity leave

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
21 September, 2017 10:30
Alofa the forgotten man! Not sure where he gets a start at centre or wing, but a better 23 than Sloan.

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
21 September, 2017 10:43
Quote:
RodneyRegis
Alofa the forgotten man! Not sure where he gets a start at centre or wing, but a better 23 than Sloan.

I really want to see Sloan get some minutes, but Alofa does have the added versatility in his favour.

As long as we don't end up with Stanley on the bench again I'm happy either way.

Cookie (IP Logged)
21 September, 2017 11:13
Alofa injured and out for a few weeks.

GP2110 (IP Logged)
21 September, 2017 11:14
Paternity leave? is that a joke? surely...

Wyddy (IP Logged)
21 September, 2017 11:53
Why shouldn't Mike get 2 weeks paternity leave the same as any other working stiff?!

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
21 September, 2017 11:59
Quote:
Wyddy
Why shouldn't Mike get 2 weeks paternity leave the same as any other working stiff?!
I'm sure he can take it if he wants.

Nev's Left Boot (IP Logged)
21 September, 2017 12:05
I can't see how anyone can think that Morris play similarly to Mike?

One is gritty and tough and likes to tackle and one likes to join the line and attack and seems a little disinterested in tackling....

never sleep (IP Logged)
21 September, 2017 13:07
True - I am a big fan of MB. But, last season at a-leagues, etc you can see that Morris is trying to emulate his style of play. Remember, he is young and inexperienced and has a lot to learn.
I am a little worried that it was Quins v Tigers last year that his recklessness played a part in us losing the match. Therefore, my preference is Swiel at fullback this week (assuming that Mike is away).

GP2110 (IP Logged)
21 September, 2017 14:08
there is 0% chance that Mike will not play this weekend (unless he gets injured in training)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/09/2017 14:09 by Greg.

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
21 September, 2017 14:21
It'll depend how long the labour was and when it started, I think. If she had a longish labour that started, say, mid morning Tuesday, and the baby was born some time night time tuesday/wednesday morning, he'd have been with his wife tor the whole time, & would probably have caught a few hours sleep then back to be with her throughout wednesday too. He may well have missed vital team briefings/drill practices specific to how we want to handle Tigers etc. I don't begrudge him the time off either. He's probably more emotionally and physically shattered than he would be after a tough game. Those he's used to. Becoming a father for the first time? That I would guess is another level entirely (said as someone without kids).

T-Bone (IP Logged)
21 September, 2017 14:38
As a 5 time uncle I reckon this parenting gig looks pretty easy. Lot of fuss over nothing.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
21 September, 2017 14:42
Quote:
T-Bone
As a 5 time uncle I reckon this parenting gig looks pretty easy. Lot of fuss over nothing.

As the Father of many....outraged....blah....

Illegitimi non carborundum

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
21 September, 2017 14:43
As much as I would like him to play, I think he should have the weekend off. His mind will be in different places and he should be allowed to enjoy the experience of his first born. But, each to their own.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
21 September, 2017 14:51
Quote:
T-Bone

You may live to regret that comment one day...

blucherquin (IP Logged)
21 September, 2017 15:51
Quote:
Greg
Paternity leave? is that a joke? surely...

Yes it's a joke. They keep the players in cages and release them only for the games.

never sleep (IP Logged)
21 September, 2017 15:55
Quote:
Bolly-Quin
As much as I would like him to play, I think he should have the weekend off. His mind will be in different places and he should be allowed to enjoy the experience of his first born. But, each to their own.
Enjoy the experience???? I am still in therapy over things I experienced at the birth of my first child and that was many years back

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
21 September, 2017 16:22
You seem to know them both intimately fred.

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
21 September, 2017 17:02
Quote:
RodneyRegis
You seem to know them both intimately fred.

Not at all. I just used the experience of knowing someone who recently had their first kid, and the guy was shattered for days afterwards.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
21 September, 2017 18:05
I went home to get some nappies and a change of clothes around 10am after my first son was born. I laid down on the bed for a quick rest and woke up at 7pm having missed all my family's visits and leaving my wife in the lurch all day.

He's almost 7 now, she'll forgive me one day.

poorfour (IP Logged)
21 September, 2017 18:52
Quote:
T-Bone
How can they put a timeframe on James Chisholm?

Sorry to get all serious (and congratulations Mike), but if they've put a timeframe on Baby Chis I hope it means he's back in training. Bear in mind that he's been out for several months and won't have been able to train under the return to play protocols - so he will have some fitness to recover. The last thing anyone wants to do is to throw him back in undercooked and get injured again, so I hope they are building it up gradually.

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
21 September, 2017 19:16
Quote:
never sleep
Quote:
Bolly-Quin
Enjoy the experience???? I am still in therapy over things I experienced at the birth of my first child and that was many years back

I will never forget the event that was the birth of our first kid. He's off to Bath Uni this weekend though, so no lasting damage!

Strangely, the birth involved a bath, 3 medical staff, mother in law and a burnt chile con carne...

never sleep (IP Logged)
21 September, 2017 19:23
I remember the midwives in fits of laughter when they saw the eleven pound bundle of joy that my wife delivered.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
22 September, 2017 01:50
Quote:
never sleep
I remember the midwives in fits of laughter when they saw the eleven pound bundle of joy that my wife delivered.

OUCH!

#epesiotomy

Illegitimi non carborundum

never sleep (IP Logged)
22 September, 2017 08:16
No, there was no trimming - just rather a lot a swearing :-)

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
22 September, 2017 16:43
Quote:
never sleep
No, there was no trimming - just rather a lot a swearing :-)

You're a brave man! I'm sure your wife swore a bit too grinning smiley

poorfour (IP Logged)
22 September, 2017 20:12
Quote:
never sleep

Our acynclitic ten pound five firstborn was delivered by caesarean and came into the world to the anaesthetist declaring "My God! It looks like a 3 month old!"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net