rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Ticket Prices
Cookie (IP Logged)
20 September, 2017 13:07
Any idea what the policy is here? Are advance tickets cheaper than when bought the week of the game?

When I looked a week or so ago, tickets were 30 all across the South Stand. Now they're 45.50. With the 3 booking fee, that's 48.50. What's the story?

And all the while I'm getting bombarded by tweets, FB posts and just had a leaflet through the door as they're obviously struggling to sell out.

Re: Ticket Prices
HarleyQuinn (IP Logged)
20 September, 2017 13:15
Think it is just the two end blocks that are 30, next ones in 37, then 41...all goes to 45 on match week I think.

akb1 (IP Logged)
20 September, 2017 13:29
I also noticed they had dropped to 30 in the south stand last week.

maybe we have introduced the Airline pricing model

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
20 September, 2017 13:43
Quote:
akb1
...maybe we have introduced the Airline pricing model

We'll be cancelling games because all our back row are on long-over due holidays soon...

Boonie (IP Logged)
20 September, 2017 13:43
Forty five quid for South stand tickets? Was thinking about going on Saturday, but that's best part of a hundred quid for the two of us. Not happening.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to bleat about it all over the internet"

HarleyQuinn (IP Logged)
20 September, 2017 13:48
But the cost of two south stand tickets to Quins v Tigers will still be cheaper than ONE South Stand ticket for England v Fiji or Samoa etc...think it's pretty good value when you look at it that way.

Cookie (IP Logged)
20 September, 2017 14:06
Quote:
HarleyQuinn
But the cost of two south stand tickets to Quins v Tigers will still be cheaper than ONE South Stand ticket for England v Fiji or Samoa etc...think it's pretty good value when you look at it that way.

Incorrect. Got seats in the first row of South Upper vs Samoa for 30 each.

As akb1 says, I also saw they were 30 in my usual block, AD. And I'm with Boonie - not paying 45+. Will watch on TV instead.

HarleyQuinn (IP Logged)
20 September, 2017 14:17
Not incorrect,...just that you were able to get the few cheap seats available. Most are 90+

Well if you prefer to spend your money supporting England (who aren't short of a few quid) that's your choice of course, personally I like supporting the club.

Cookie (IP Logged)
20 September, 2017 14:33
No, you are 100% incorrect. There are still tickets available for Samoa, two categories of which are cheaper than Quins v Leicester (30 and 40). The most expensive are 60. None are 90+.

I wasn't the one comparing the ticket prices; you were. For the record, I go to both England and Quins games, home and away. I've been a Quins ST holder up until this season, so wasn't aware of our ticketing vagaries. Will pass this week and watch on TV. I'm going to Northampton next week and went to the first 2 games of the season, so it will be unusual for me to miss a game, but not paying 48.50.

Boonie (IP Logged)
20 September, 2017 15:10
Wasn't planning on going to England v Fiji, so the comparison doesn't actually work. I'd rather spend my money on Quins than England, but not sure I want to be paying that kind of money to sit in a corner of the Stoop.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to bleat about it all over the internet"

akb1 (IP Logged)
20 September, 2017 15:40
There are tickets for 39.50 in blocks BE & BB for the Tigers game - still expensive. These same seats for the Sale & La Rochelle games are 37.00 but for Saracens they are back up to 39.50

blucherquin (IP Logged)
20 September, 2017 15:48
45 a ticket was what it cost where I bought my season ticket on the halfway line in gold seat five years ago. (Now 55 plus booking fee).

I'd struggle to justify 45 to sit behind the posts despite inflation.

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
20 September, 2017 17:18
Quote:
Boonie
Wasn't planning on going to England v Fiji

Oh! When's that game on?

QuinAlan (IP Logged)
20 September, 2017 17:40
47 inc booking fee for block BB when I looked earlier. Has anyone else sat there? I did once & felt very disconnected from the game. Also you cant see the big screen from there. I'd say thats poor value. Personally I'd need a significant discount for those seats.

Cookie (IP Logged)
21 September, 2017 10:21
I've just been given a spare seat in the DHL Stand. If anyone would like a South Stand seat in BD, Row W for 30, let me know. Also have another friend with a 30 ticket, but would need to check where in the South Stand that is. I'm sure as a pair you'd be able to sit together - there were plenty of empty seats v Glos.

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
22 September, 2017 10:38
Quote:
Cookie
No, you are 100% incorrect. There are still tickets available for Samoa, two categories of which are cheaper than Quins v Leicester (30 and 40). The most expensive are 60. None are 90+.

Where are these available tickets? I just looked at the RFU site and it said they're not on general sale.

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
22 September, 2017 10:53
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
Quote:
Cookie

Where are these available tickets? I just looked at the RFU site and it said they're not on general sale.

The Samoa game tickets have just yesterday stopped being on sale to the ERSC(England Rugby Supporters Club members who pay a yearly membership). I'd expect them to go on general sale shortly.

Cookie (IP Logged)
22 September, 2017 14:48
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
Quote:
Cookie

How bizarre. Could see them on Wed as a local resident but now off sale. Let me know if you want me to ask via my club.

22 September, 2017 15:16
Thanks Cookie, if you can get me a 30 or 40 quid one I'll take it but no need to bust a gut, and if you forget to ask it won't be a problem. I just thought at that price I'd give it a go. I haven't paid for an England ticket in about 10 years.

Nev's Left Boot (IP Logged)
23 September, 2017 06:48
so what i am reading into this is - My season ticket is even better value than i thought! -

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
23 September, 2017 07:22
Quote:
Nev's Left Boot
so what i am reading into this is - My season ticket is even better value than i thought! -

It is if you never miss a game......

Illegitimi non carborundum

23 September, 2017 07:51
After readingthis I just went on the website and got offered tickets for 30 for an adult!

Also our season tickets are 205 so at 30 a match I only need to attend 7 matches to be up at 30 ticket so not all games either!

Cookie (IP Logged)
23 September, 2017 08:38
This ticketing is a shambles. Get to the day of the game and then suddenly 30 tickets are available again??

DOK (IP Logged)
23 September, 2017 09:44
I can't wait to see how you're going to tie John Kingston into this. smiling smiley

Cookie (IP Logged)
23 September, 2017 09:51
Quote:
DOK
I can't wait to see how you're going to tie John Kingston into this. smiling smiley

Ha! Bit harsh. I've been very complimentary in my recent comments.

DOK (IP Logged)
23 September, 2017 10:10
Hey - I only tease you cos I know you can take it! You are a welcome addition to this board, whatever other people may think. I think people lose sight of the fact that pro-JK, anti-JK or agnostic-JK we're all supporters of Harlequins, we all want what's best for the team. There may, however, be some disagreement on how we best achieve that! smiling smiley

Cookie (IP Logged)
23 September, 2017 11:11
Ha! Absolutely. I like a robust debate and happy to roll with the punches. Really enjoy the discussions here and 100% agree that, ultimately, we are all Quins fans who all want win every game and every competition. COYQ.

akb1 (IP Logged)
23 September, 2017 12:00
I bought tickets to the Northampton game last season and a couple of days later they had reduced the prices which really annoyed me, I phoned them up and they refunded the difference which was very good of them.

Rocker (IP Logged)
23 September, 2017 17:28
I think they've increased them too far, not a sell out for Leicester?? That says that they are charging too much!

Hellequin (IP Logged)
23 September, 2017 17:45
First time Leicester hasn't been a sell out for a while. My season ticket looks great value in the centre of the South Stand at 330 for the year at just over about 7 games breaking even as well as the friendlies, a league, Quins women's and England women's matches included.

Rocker (IP Logged)
23 September, 2017 17:52
Quote:
Hellequin
First time Leicester hasn't been a sell out for a while.
Yes that's what I was getting at, I get that they have to maximise profits from the sieve available, but not selling 800 odd tickets didn't she be as terribly sensible, when that people are likely to buy food and drink and perhaps other stuff

23 September, 2017 17:54
Fewer than 400 not sold. smiling smiley

Rocker (IP Logged)
23 September, 2017 17:55
I thought it said 14,000 attendance and the stadium is 14,800 isn't it?

23 September, 2017 17:58
14,400 and something I thought he said.

Rocker (IP Logged)
23 September, 2017 17:59
14,040 I thought...

23 September, 2017 18:04
If I'm wrong then I blame two bottles of red wine last night.

Rocker (IP Logged)
23 September, 2017 18:27
Blimey, on your own?!

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
23 September, 2017 19:04
It was announced on the screen as 14,408. There were a few empties that I could see IN S & W stands, and two empty behin

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net