rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site


Parking Saturday...?
Robertquin (IP Logged)
21 September, 2017 19:28
Does anyone local to the Stoop know if the Rosebine is open this week? Or the College which wasn't open?

 
Re: Parking Saturday...?
Mayor West (IP Logged)
21 September, 2017 20:42
The temporary tenants have moved on so both fields are empty at the moment. Don't know about college.

 
Re: Parking Saturday...?
GrubbyQuin (IP Logged)
21 September, 2017 21:05
"Temporary tenants".

 
Re: Parking Saturday...?
Robertquin (IP Logged)
21 September, 2017 21:13
Thanks. I suppose I can always ring the club...

 
Re: Parking Saturday...?
21 September, 2017 21:33
He meant pikeys! winking smiley

 
Re: Parking Saturday...?
GrubbyQuin (IP Logged)
21 September, 2017 22:49
(Sm13)



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/09/2017 22:55 by GrubbyQuin.

 
Re: Parking Saturday...?
Monte (IP Logged)
22 September, 2017 09:45
When I drove past College looked as though it was gone for good.

 
Re: Parking Saturday...?
Mayor West (IP Logged)
22 September, 2017 09:47
I don't think you can say pikeys so I didn't.

 
Re: Parking Saturday...?
Monte (IP Logged)
22 September, 2017 09:50
Not very pc in these boring pc days.

 
Re: Parking Saturday...?
zoosh (IP Logged)
22 September, 2017 17:02
Email from Quins says parking at Richmond College and Craneford Way not available for the forseeable future due to extensive development works.

 
Re: Parking Saturday...?
Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
22 September, 2017 17:28
Quote:
zoosh
Email from Quins says parking at Richmond College and Craneford Way not available for the forseeable future due to extensive development works.

That's a shame. I used to use the College for the times I had to drive up to games (Friday evenings mainly) as it was the same price as the Rosebine & often was easier to get out of afterwards...

 
Re: Parking Saturday...?
DOK (IP Logged)
22 September, 2017 22:45
Don't tell anyone, but you can park in the roads around the college on a Friday night!

 
Re: Parking Saturday...?
IsteadQuin (IP Logged)
23 September, 2017 10:34
Can anyone give any advice on a good place to park if the Rosebine is full please. We always drive up from Kent and fall back on the college if we can't find any legal road parking. We couldn't make the Gloucester game or the double-header so I didn't realise until yesterday that the college was no longer available. I've made several requests on 'Park on my Drive' but have not had any responses as yet!

Was so looking forward to getting to The Stoop for the first time this season and now I'm panicking about parking. Hubby is away so going to have to be driver and parking space hunter as the same time! If anyone with any local knowledge can give me some advice I would be so grateful. Thank you.

 
Re: Parking Saturday...?
DOK (IP Logged)
23 September, 2017 10:38
The road the runs past Twickenham stadium looks like it's all parking controlled, but that's only match days at Twickenham. Park somewhere up there, walk over the footbridge to the Stoop

 
Re: Parking Saturday...?
IsteadQuin (IP Logged)
23 September, 2017 10:49
Thanks DOK. That is where we always head to first of all but the last few games last season it was full and hence we ended up in the college. Unfortunately I can't get away too early today either as my doggie day care (my parents) isn't available until 12.30/1.00! Are the car parks near Twickenham station expensive? Thank you!

 
Re: Parking Saturday...?
DOK (IP Logged)
23 September, 2017 11:19
Well, I've seen other people park by Twickenham Green (or even South of there) and walk up. The Meadway gets busy.

Arragon Road is £4.70 for 4 hours - that should cover the game.

 
Re: Parking Saturday...?
DOK (IP Logged)
23 September, 2017 11:21
and Holly Road (much smaller car park) much the same

 
Re: Parking Saturday...?
DOK (IP Logged)
23 September, 2017 11:29
And here's the Council details of the car parks

Sounds like a parking guide is something we could usefully add to the site.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/09/2017 11:30 by DOK.

 
Re: Parking Saturday...?
IsteadQuin (IP Logged)
23 September, 2017 11:29
....and breathe!!! Thank you so much DOK, I am really appreciative At £4.70 that's considerably cheaper than 'Park on my Drive' too. Now fingers crossed the M25 is behaving itself and the boys do the job on the pitch!!! Thanks again. 😘

 
Re: Parking Saturday...?
QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 07:48
Continue along the A316 past the Rosebine, turn left just over the railway bridge into Meadway. Roads on the right - Devon & Lincoln Avenues, or continue down Meadway, turn left before the bottom and you are in the maze of roads which connect to Twickenham Green - Mereway, Gravel Road, May Road etc. From there you can walk to the ground under the railway and past the council yard. It brings you into the Stoop by the South East Corner - Gate 3.

All of the roads above can also be reached via the Staines Road.

Time spent with an old fashioned paper map, or Google Maps would be a good investment.

 
Re: Parking Saturday...?
blucherquin (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 11:18
Quote:
QuickerQuin
Continue along the A316 past the Rosebine, turn left just over the railway bridge into Meadway. Roads on the right - Devon & Lincoln Avenues, or continue down Meadway, turn left before the bottom and you are in the maze of roads which connect to Twickenham Green - Mereway, Gravel Road, May Road etc. From there you can walk to the ground under the railway and past the council yard. It brings you into the Stoop by the South East Corner - Gate 3.
All of the roads above can also be reached via the Staines Road.

Time spent with an old fashioned paper map, or Google Maps would be a good investment.

Parking permits coming in on those roads this year.

 
Re: Parking Saturday...?
QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 13:48
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
QuickerQuin
Continue along the A316 past the Rosebine, turn left just over the railway bridge into Meadway. Roads on the right - Devon & Lincoln Avenues, or continue down Meadway, turn left before the bottom and you are in the maze of roads which connect to Twickenham Green - Mereway, Gravel Road, May Road etc. From there you can walk to the ground under the railway and past the council yard. It brings you into the Stoop by the South East Corner - Gate 3.
All of the roads above can also be reached via the Staines Road.

Time spent with an old fashioned paper map, or Google Maps would be a good investment.

Parking permits coming in on those roads this year.

All the time? Or big match days at HQ only?

 
Re: Parking Saturday...?
blucherquin (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 23:35
Quote:
QuickerQuin
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
QuickerQuin
Continue along the A316 past the Rosebine, turn left just over the railway bridge into Meadway. Roads on the right - Devon & Lincoln Avenues, or continue down Meadway, turn left before the bottom and you are in the maze of roads which connect to Twickenham Green - Mereway, Gravel Road, May Road etc. From there you can walk to the ground under the railway and past the council yard. It brings you into the Stoop by the South East Corner - Gate 3.
All of the roads above can also be reached via the Staines Road.

Time spent with an old fashioned paper map, or Google Maps would be a good investment.

Parking permits coming in on those roads this year.

All the time? Or big match days at HQ only?

All the time I think - council final decision still pending - it was a ballot of residents. More to do with daily hassle of people dumping cars there in daytime to work in twickers, hence donít believe itís an HQ game thing.

 
Re: Parking Saturday...?
Cookie (IP Logged)
25 September, 2017 07:49
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
QuickerQuin
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
QuickerQuin
Continue along the A316 past the Rosebine, turn left just over the railway bridge into Meadway. Roads on the right - Devon & Lincoln Avenues, or continue down Meadway, turn left before the bottom and you are in the maze of roads which connect to Twickenham Green - Mereway, Gravel Road, May Road etc. From there you can walk to the ground under the railway and past the council yard. It brings you into the Stoop by the South East Corner - Gate 3.
All of the roads above can also be reached via the Staines Road.

Time spent with an old fashioned paper map, or Google Maps would be a good investment.

Parking permits coming in on those roads this year.

All the time? Or big match days at HQ only?

All the time I think - council final decision still pending - it was a ballot of residents. More to do with daily hassle of people dumping cars there in daytime to work in twickers, hence donít believe itís an HQ game thing.

Correct. There's also the new school and they've added more double yellows. Sadly, my road dodged the CPZ. I wouldn't mind if people could actually park properly. Quins fan parked in Albion Road very obviously taking two spaces. Couldn't be a*sed to say anything as the people who do it don't get it.

Rant over.


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 
 

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?