Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Rob buchanan
RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
23 September, 2017 15:36
Why?

Re: Rob buchanan
T-Bone (IP Logged)
23 September, 2017 15:44
JK's tactic of having a lumbering Buchanan on the wing all the time is very similar to COS' tactic. Two not straights, a knock on and a penalty. What has happened to him

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
23 September, 2017 15:49
2 pens according to espn. We've given away 9 in 40 mins. And under 70% tackles

Nev's Left Boot (IP Logged)
23 September, 2017 19:28
Best hooker in the squad, most physical, generally very trustworthy at the line out - why not?
Makes his tackles, goes forward, clears out....

kevin (IP Logged)
23 September, 2017 19:39
Quote:
Nev's Left Boot
Best hooker in the squad, most physical, generally very trustworthy at the line out - why not?
Makes his tackles, goes forward, clears out....

Throwing?

euroquin (IP Logged)
23 September, 2017 20:17
If that's the best hooker in the squad, then we are going to struggle.

One of the Sarries posters came on here after the LI loss and said hooker was a real weakness for us. He was right.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
23 September, 2017 21:57
It wasn't his best game ever.

RleQuin (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 00:04
We haven't had a decent hooker for quite a while.
They don't seem to know how to throw the ball in any more.
RleQ

poorfour (IP Logged)
25 September, 2017 01:07
I'm beginning to wonder if what we're missing is not skills at hooker but a top notch lineout caller. The lineout hasn't been the same since Robson left, and the hookers haven't changed. It would be interesting to see if Matthews gets a string of games now he's fit, as he's been a better lineout forward than our other locks.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
25 September, 2017 07:18
The not straight throws are what surprise me. There are just too many.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
25 September, 2017 09:26
Its not just our hookers that are not throwing in straight (and not being penalised) which makes you wonder if the Referees guidance has changed to avoid more stoppages and resets up front...?

Illegitimi non carborundum

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
25 September, 2017 10:36
Quote:
Scaramouche
Its not just our hookers that are not throwing in straight (and not being penalised) which makes you wonder if the Referees guidance has changed to avoid more stoppages and resets up front...?

This is true. I was thinking that a couple of Buchanan's throws on Saturday were way wide of the mark. I'd really like to see Elia get some game time.

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
25 September, 2017 11:41
The lineout has been such a weak part of our play for a while now that it's really beyond a joke.

Obviously the poor throwing doesn't help, although I agree with those who suggest there might be more to it than just that, but even if we do secure the ball (rare enough as that is) it's rarely a good attacking platform for us.

I just don't understand how we haven't addressed it over such a long period either through player acquisition (most notably at hooker) or coaching.

Do other clubs have similar troubles, or do we just notice it more because we're watching Quins week in week out?

JJQuin (IP Logged)
25 September, 2017 11:50
The two or three Leicester throws in front of us (southeast corner) - including the one they scored their first try from were not straight (or at least they went straight to their jumper. It seems if a ball is thrown straight(ish) but down one team's line it rarely gets pulled up.

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
25 September, 2017 12:00
Trouble is he's a much stronger scrummager than Gray or Ward (who got popped far too easily). Elia Elia any good?

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

Adi Nako (IP Logged)
25 September, 2017 13:44
Buchanan was one of my favourite players a few seasons ago but it pains me to say that he just hasn't lived up to that potential.

Hooker is by far our weakest position.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net