Re: EJ on Smith, rugby in general - interesting
CroydonQuin (IP Logged)
26 September, 2017 10:52
Good article, very interesting

T-Bone (IP Logged)
26 September, 2017 12:02
Some interesting points in there.

I'd like to know why he's giving Kyle a kick up the bum, whether it's purely due to form this season or something else, but I guess that's between the two of them.

It is a shame he's not sticking round after RWC, though of course we might crash out at the pool stages. While I've not been a huge fan of the promotions from within at Quins, with England I think it would be good if we could get some continuity and have a coach involved now taking the team forward in the same way NZ coaches do. Problem is, not many of our coaches have much experience of coaching overseas, which is again what NZ do well - coach at home, then overseas, come back and join the All Blacks set up under head coach then get top job

CroydonQuin (IP Logged)
26 September, 2017 14:10
I reckon eddie just doesnt want kyles quick elevation to lions tour star to go to his head, and to make sure he understands that he has to keep working hard to stay at the top.

I like your 2nd point too t-bone, it would be good if the rfu showed some continuity in planning for the future of the test side. The structure of test rugby is based on the 4 year world cup cycle, england just seem to sack the coach post world cup disappointment and start again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net