rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Team's up
I am the Walrus (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 11:02
Harlequins Squad (Harlequins appearances)

15. Aaron Morris (10)
14. Marland Yarde (78)
13. Joe Marchant (41)
12. Jamie Roberts (33)
11. Tim Visser (37)
10. Marcus Smith (4)
9. Danny Care (228)

1. Mark Lambert (213)
2. Dave Ward (Captain, 121)
3. Kyle Sinckler (104)
4. George Merrick (63)
5. Charlie Matthews (141)
6. Ben Glynn (4)
7. Jack Clifford (70)
8. Mat Luamanu (42)

16. Elia Elia (1)
17. Lewis Boyce (1)
18. Will Collier (112)
19. Dino Lamb (-)
20. Archie White (3)
21. Dave Lewis (-)
22. Tim Swiel (43)
23. Alofa Alofa (31)

Re: Team's up
Almost quin (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 11:08
Visser gets his chance let's hope he plays as well as those calling for his inclusion before think he would play
No further news on Siali is a worry. I amNot expecting a victory but hope for a good performance and at least a bonus point.
Looking forward to seeing Smiths continued development

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/09/2017 11:15 by Almost quin.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 11:13
Ooo-err.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 11:17
Is Ben Glynn really a better 6 than DLC or White?

gregory p (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 11:21
We're gonna get mullered.......

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 11:25
Quote:
RodneyRegis
Is Ben Glynn really a better 6 than DLC or White?

I'm not sure if he's played much in the back row but he will certainly have been in far more battles than those two.

akb1 (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 11:31
last week we had 2 2nd rows on the bench, and this week we have 2 backrow with a 2nd row starting in the backrow. A little odd in my view.
Good to see Morris back from injury, a little concerned we picked up 4 concussions last week.
Nice to see Visser in the team.
Come on you Quins

arniepie (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 11:31
5 games in and we are struggling for replacements already, our season is about to fall apart like a Chinese motor cycle long before the autumn internationals and the 6 nations

St_Bart (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 11:39
FYI
15 Ahsee Tuala
14 George North
13 Rob Horne
12 Luther Burrell
11 Tom Collins
10 Harry Mallinder
9 Nic Groom
1 Alex Waller
2 Mikey Haywood
3 Kieran Brookes
4 Michael Paterson
5 David Ribbans
6 Courtney Lawes (capt)
7 Jamie Gibson
8 Teimana Harrison

16 Reece Marshall
17 Francois van Wyk
18 Jamal Ford-Robinson
19 Api Ratuniyarawa
20 Sam Dickinson
21 Cobus Reinach
22 Stephen Myler
23 Ben Foden

See you Saturday!

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 11:54
At least this season I'm confident that we have good options even with injuries in the backs. Previous seasons have seen us struggle at Fly Half & Centre. Okay, we're still missing The Cat, but Smith has taken to Premiership rugby like a duck to water & is growing in experience. Likewise Saili being out is disappointing, but Marchant is steadily becoming the player we all hoped he would be. At wing we've got options still, and Morris showed some good progress last season to make me think he'd be an able deputy when Browny is away/out.

Instead, it's the pack that's our weakness now. Without Marler, we're reliant on Lambert who (whilst he's still a good solid player) isn't as aggressive in the scrum or as good a carrier. Ward (aka Taz the Tasmanian Devil) is a great player who puts in every ounce of effort, but he's a liability at times at lineouts. I'd like to see Elia2 get a proper start & play a string of games. He's supposed to have a great potential, so let's use him.

Injuries have definitely hurt us at Lock & across the back row. It's good to see Matthews back (our line-out calling is better with him there. Plus he adds some grunt we've missed at scrums. I think Glynn will turn out to be a good choice as a squad player for us. I know he's not a big baby-eating monster of a lock, but he so far is doing the solid work that he's needed to. I think that's why he's been picked ahead of Lamb (no -Cona I see!) and White. He's got a lot more game-time under his belt than they have.

Fingers crossed that all the new injuries/concussions are short term. However, if we're to have a good season, we need the replacement players to be able to slot in with as little disruption as possible, and the only way that can happen is if they get meaningful game-time when it's available.

29 September, 2017 11:54
There bench is much much stronger than ours.

Rocker (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 12:08
Their team is stronger than ours. With the team we are able to put out I can't see a win, but Saints haven't set the league on fire yet so who knows.

MrOther (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 12:41
Saints also have consistency problems, don't they? Ready to be corrected (and I haven't trawled their results for evidence) but that's my impression of them.

We can win. We can always win.

Dark Pies (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 12:45
That's the weakest bench we've seen for quite a while, for obvious reasons.

So 4 matches into the season we are now missing..

Marler
Robshaw
Brown
Horwill
Catrakilis
Saili
Bothma
Wallace
Twomey
Ross Chisholm
James Chisholm
Walker
Sloan
Mulchrone (not sure - injured or just not getting picked?)

i.e. at least 5 nailed-on starters and 3 big signings.

And i probably missed a few! That's not an injury situation we can put a positive spin on really is it! Basically across most positions if someone takes a knock we are into the academy guys to step up.

I played lock at school 25yrs ago....should i bring my boots next friday just in case!?!

NicoWilson (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 13:11
Quote:
Dark Pies
I played lock at school 25yrs ago....should i bring my boots next friday just in case!?!

Yes

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 13:23
I have confidence in this team. There are some quality players in there and I hope that with their backs against them they will pull together and put out a good performance.

Saints haven't been brilliant this season; let's hope for our sake that they aren't tomorrow. If they are, and our guys stutter, it could be a bad defeat for us.

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 14:12
The pack looks woefully under-powered and we saw last week what happens without Robshaw.

I’m sure the team will put in the effort but we’ve hardly been great so far and with the additional injuries I think we’ll do well to even get a bonus point.

Only plus point is that Saints are almost as random as us so we just have to hope we get them on a bad day.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 16:51
Hmmm, not sure about Saints being inconsistent / random this season. Got thumped in the first half of the first game and since then have been good. Their pack has been really dominant. If it was their backs, I'd be less concerned.

That is not a strong team we're putting out, or not a strong pack at least. 4 concussions from one game is very worrying, to add to Chisholm's. Lock and back row looks very weak.

Our back line is good, but don't see them getting much ball.

Hopefully Sinckler will have a stormer, Matthews will have one of his effective games and Clifford and Luamanu can get a lot of carries in.

It's a lot of injuries, but several other squads have been hit as hard if not harder. Anyway, JK's go to line is "I'm not one to moan about injuries", so hopefully that team can do it. Our 16th man is the "hurt" we're bringing from the Irish and Tigers games.

29 September, 2017 17:29
If Mulchrone isn't injured, Lewis must be pretty good to keep him out.

SiBolton (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 17:35
Saints must be clear favourites for this one
When you compare both teams, and let's be honest they've had one mate of a game against Salarycens
Still, will go along and cheer them on

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 18:30
Quote:
Battering Ram Winger
If Mulchrone isn't injured, Lewis must be pretty good to keep him out.

>sad smiley

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 20:28
Marler
Buchanan
Holenstein (i know)
Twomey
Horwill
Robshaw
Wallace
Bothma
Mulchrone?
Cat
Walker
Sloan
Saili
Jiz
Brown

Not a bad side that.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 22:27
Interesting... Tonight's Evening Standard says Robshaw is fit after passing head injury protocols.

Cookie (IP Logged)
30 September, 2017 08:08
The bookies make Northampton 10 point favorites.

Samquin (IP Logged)
30 September, 2017 08:30
Quote:
Cookie
The bookies make Northampton 10 point favorites.

Is this the same source that had Wasps to beat us by 20?

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
30 September, 2017 14:01
AARON MORRIS!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net