rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Is Saili the new Cronje?
jonf (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 11:58
Am I the only one who is a bit concerned that the club is not even mentioning Saili? Have we another Cronje of a player arriving, never playing and leaving...and the club trys to pretend it never happened?

Re: Is Saili the new Cronje?
Adi Nako (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 12:05
It's still September.

akb1 (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 12:08
I thought Kingston said he would be back sometime in October, are you expecting a weekly update of his progress?

blucherquin (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 12:15
Quote:
jonf
Am I the only one who is a bit concerned that the club is not even mentioning Saili? Have we another Cronje of a player arriving, never playing and leaving...and the club trys to pretend it never happened?

Erm, yes you are. And no we haven’t - respectively.

Sadly the facts get in the way of this theory.

He played pre season, got an injury just before week 1 which the club announced - has been at the ground for our games - and was hidden away by being talked about publicly by JK in his post match interviews a week ago, when he gave a likely time for his return.

jonf (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 12:21
ok, this sounds a lot better - I've had a better update on this board than anything before! thanks!

Rocker (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 12:26
Yes no update is a bit worrying, lets hope it isn't a bad sign. He's supposed to be the great white hope of our centre partnerships.

PickledPelican (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 12:27
Spoke with him last Saturday at Tigers game, he reckons that he's 99% ready!

raedarius (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 12:43
Quote:
Rocker
Yes no update is a bit worrying, lets hope it isn't a bad sign. He's supposed to be the great white hope of our centre partnerships.

Last week's update was that he's a few weeks away from return. This week's update is that a few minus one weeks away from return.

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 14:16
Quote:
akb1
I thought Kingston said he would be back sometime in October, are you expecting a weekly update of his progress?

No real reason we couldn’t have weekly updates.

If we did then we wouldn’t have pessimistic threads like this one as we’d have been told what’s going on.

I’m sure Saili will be in the squad soon but don’t think it’s too much to ask for those updates really.

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 14:16
Maybe clubs prefer not to give daily/weekly updates on player fitness as it allows opposition teams to plan their team strategies in advance...

blucherquin (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 15:14
Quote:
Rocker

For fear of repetition becoming dull but...

Kingston gave an update 5 days ago, assume not much has changed.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 15:19
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Quote:
akb1

No real reason we couldn’t have weekly updates.

If we did then we wouldn’t have pessimistic threads like this one as we’d have been told what’s going on.

I’m sure Saili will be in the squad soon but don’t think it’s too much to ask for those updates really.

Kingston said “he’s a few weeks away”

We’re now one week on.

What would you like him to say - or does he have to make sure every fan has listened to his injury updates on the club website in case they’re annoyed by not knowing about it.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 16:34
Quote:
Fearless Fred
Maybe clubs prefer not to give daily/weekly updates on player fitness as it allows opposition teams to plan their team strategies in advance...

Never really bought this line

MrOther (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 16:39
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Quote:
akb1

No real reason we couldn't have weekly updates.

If we did then we wouldn't have pessimistic threads like this one as we'd have been told what's going on.

I'm sure Saili will be in the squad soon but don't think it's too much to ask for those updates really.

We’re now one week on.

What would you like him to say - or does he have to make sure every fan has listened to his injury updates on the club website in case they’re annoyed by not knowing about it.

OK. I'm no fan of JK, bit this is a good point well made.

And why do so many posters' apostrophes come out as "’". Or am I the only person getting that?

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 19:55
Quote:
MrOther
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Quote:
akb1

No real reason we couldn't have weekly updates.

If we did then we wouldn't have pessimistic threads like this one as we'd have been told what's going on.

I'm sure Saili will be in the squad soon but don't think it's too much to ask for those updates really.

We’re now one week on.

OK. I'm no fan of JK, bit this is a good point well made.

And why do so many posters' apostrophes come out as "’". Or am I the only person getting that?

I blame Junker!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Quinning (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 20:16
As much of a flop as Cronje was - spare a thought for Norman Ligairi - he's even managed to make the board as being an International Quin.

Did he ever even show up? Seem to remember Cronje at least wandered around the ground a little.

southquin (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 21:47
Stormin Norman played unlike Cronje.

Showed some good skills but was evident he found it a bit chilly.

I think Saili will be a good signing when fit. He does 12 and 13 equally well so good for some rotation

Quinning (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 23:02
Quote:
southquin
Stormin Norman played unlike Cronje.
Showed some good skills but was evident he found it a bit chilly.

I think Saili will be a good signing when fit. He does 12 and 13 equally well so good for some rotation

Did he? May be a complete gap in my memory but I just can't remember him every turning up - nor can I find anything on the internet to jog my memory!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net