rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Care citing
Navyquin (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 20:16
Danny Care has been cited for a late tackle v Saints whilst Mallinder tackles high in the widely described seat belt tackle stopping a try and gets away with it. There is no consistency with citings from matches or with the implementation of the tackle laws. Would be great to hear other people's opinions on this.

Re: Care citing
Samquin (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 21:16
This is madness. Was the tackle dangerous?

Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 21:29
Danny Care of Harlequins received a citing commissionerís warning from Chris Catling after the match Northampton Saints v Harlequins on Saturday 30 September 2017.

Equivalent to an off-field yellow card, this was issued for a dangerous tackle contrary to law 10.4 (e), when he played Northamptonís Jamie Gibson without the ball.

The incident took place in the first half of the match.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 21:43
I'm still bewildered that nothing happened after Yarde was knee-dropped after scoring against LI. As for Care, I don't even recall an incident involving him against Saints.

Quins4life (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 22:30
hahahahahah didn't Gibson also tackle Care late in the match?! then somehow the decision was reversed for a quins player running in when loads of players from both side did the same. A complete joke

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2017 22:33 by Quins4life.

Navyquin (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 05:05
I don't want to moan about referees too much but it did seem like Quins were refereed by a rather efficient home team referee on Saturday.

MarchingIn (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 09:07
Saint in peace...

Has anybody actually noticed on the replay where this occurs?

I'm stumped. There was a penalty against Gibson for holding Care down which was reversed for a Quins player getting involved. Gibson seemed to be on a mission to get after Care all match, causing a bit of needle, but didn't notice this incident occur either at the game or on the replay.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 13:35
As nobody seems to have seen it this would imply that somebody, maybe Gibson, has pointed the finger....

Illegitimi non carborundum

never sleep (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 13:38
I was disappointed that the Malinder tackle on Yarde to prevent Yarde from scoring wasn't at least looked at. In my view, it was higher than in needed to be.

akb1 (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 14:42
Quote:
never sleep
I was disappointed that the Malinder tackle on Yarde to prevent Yarde from scoring wasn't at least looked at. In my view, it was higher than in needed to be.
I initially thought it was high when I watched the highlights, but on the slow mo replay it looked fine. An arm across the chest and shoulders which rides down Yarde's body.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2017 14:46 by akb1.

Adi Nako (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 17:54
They seem to be handing out these yellow card equivalents for fun this season.

MrOther (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 17:57
Quote:
Adi Nako
They seem to be handing out these yellow card equivalents for fun this season.

Yes, what is it with these dishonorable mentions? Do they have any further implication?

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 18:04
I think it means you get an auto one game ban if you pick up 3 yellows/dishonourable mentions in the season.

MrOther (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 18:19
Bloody hell, it's becoming a game for lawyers and bureaucrats.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 18:23
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
I think it means you get an auto one game ban if you pick up 3 yellows/dishonourable mentions in the season.

So, three splashes of water and it's an early bath, so to speak.

akb1 (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 19:51
Quote:
MarchingIn
Saint in peace...
Has anybody actually noticed on the replay where this occurs?

I'm stumped. There was a penalty against Gibson for holding Care down which was reversed for a Quins player getting involved. Gibson seemed to be on a mission to get after Care all match, causing a bit of needle, but didn't notice this incident occur either at the game or on the replay.

I think it is approx 9.30 mins in. Just after the restart after the first try, Northampton attacking down left wing, it looks like DC shoves someone in the back off the ball sending him flying.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 21:18
And they stay on your record for 5 years apparently and can be taken into consideration when disciplinary panel considers your previous character. You'd home they more or less ignore them

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 21:30
So we have these warnings now for a shove in the back, and a splash of water.

WTF are these citing people doing? Any number of incidents which are much more serious happen in our games every week, and doubtless in other games too.

Navyquin (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 21:55
Quote:
Quinky Kin
WTF are these citing people doing? Any number of incidents which are much more serious happen in our games every week, and doubtless in other games too.

It is worrying for the future of the game that a splash of water gets a citing where as a knee deliberately dropped into to back of a prone player is let go.

SaintMaul (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 22:42
Quote:
Navyquin
I don't want to moan about referees too much but it did seem like Quins were refereed by a rather efficient home team referee on Saturday.

Is this the same home team ref that the citing process concluded should have issued issued a red card and two yellow cards for Quins players?

akb1 (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 22:45
Quote:
Quinky Kin

It was a strong shove, and the player fell over.

(Where's the tongue in cheek smiley? )

MarchingIn (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 23:06
Quote:
akb

I think it is approx 9.30 mins in. Just after the restart after the first try, Northampton attacking down left wing, it looks like DC shoves someone in the back off the ball sending him flying.

Thanks. 7 Jamie Gibson by the look of it. Does show his work rate that, he carried the ball into the previous ruck.

Not sure about the citing commissioner getting involved. There was a bit of needle between our 7 and your 9 all day, not all legal - a shove off the ball is cynical - no different to Gibson holding Care down layer on in my book really though. Worth a penalty but not worthy of post-match sanction.

Care will regret that one if he picks up another 2 yellows.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2017 23:07 by MarchingIn.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
04 October, 2017 09:35
Quote:
MarchingIn
Quote:
akb

Thanks. 7 Jamie Gibson by the look of it. Does show his work rate that, he carried the ball into the previous ruck.

Not sure about the citing commissioner getting involved. There was a bit of needle between our 7 and your 9 all day, not all legal - a shove off the ball is cynical - no different to Gibson holding Care down layer on in my book really though. Worth a penalty but not worthy of post-match sanction.

Care will regret that one if he picks up another 2 yellows.

The way we're receiving them at the moment, that will be one for having his shorts pulled to high, and another trying to catch someone's fist with his face...

Navyquin (IP Logged)
04 October, 2017 10:29
Quote:
SaintMaul
Quote:
Navyquin

Is this the same home team ref that the citing process concluded should have issued issued a red card and two yellow cards for Quins players?

Yea the very same one, the same one who should have picked up the high tackle to stop a try. The same referee who decided Quins could not do what Saints got away with. Please don't assume I think Quins should have won as they shouldn't but there is no consistency with refereeing and with the citing process. For example Gibson's late tackle on Care was not picked up.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
04 October, 2017 12:42
The same ref who didn't even review the try but insisted the ball had been released and picked up again... All the while remaining in a player's hand.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net