rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

James Chisholm
Cookie (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 19:51
Spoke to him at half time. 2 weeks and he's back.

Re: James Chisholm
HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 19:52
Phew

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 19:59
It would be handy if Barney and McGrew were too...

poorfour (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 23:57
Saw Wallace in the bar. Back in December apparently. Brilliant news.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 00:06
That's very good, light at the end of the tunnel.

Clifford appears to have dislocated his shoulder. Not sure how serious though

07 October, 2017 06:51
Poor old Clifford. He's like JSD. Every time an England cap awaits, he breaks in some new way.

Good news for Chisholm, he's got some edge and we need him.

Good news for Wallace too, but he really shouldn't be rushed back.

Scrumhead (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 09:59
Quote:
poorfour
Saw Wallace in the bar. Back in December apparently. Brilliant news.

Wow. I saw the pictures of him on the bike, but a December comeback would be an amazingly quick recovery from what could have been a career threatening injury.

I'm really looking forward to Chisholm's return (very much needed now) but I am concerned that he's been out for as long as he has. I may be factually wrong, but once a player suffers from serious concussion problems, they never seem to be able to shake it off - George North being a prime example.

Quins4life (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 10:20
Also Saili is taking part in full training again this week and is available to play against La Rochelle.

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 11:03
Quote:
Quins4life
Also Saili is taking part in full training again this week and is available to play against La Rochelle.

That's good news indeed!

Nev's Left Boot (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 11:40
Question is where do you play him?

Marchant and Roberts have played very well together - Roberts is kind of needed with the boywonder Smith at 10, I think!

I would not consider dropping Marchant.... Does he play back row - we could do with one of those!!!!

poorfour (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 12:34
Put Saili on the bench and see how he goes when he's brought on. He can play either centre position, I believe

Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 12:41
Quote:
Cookie
Spoke to him at half time. 2 weeks and he's back.

Mind you he said exactly the same to me after pre-season game against L Irish, can only assume that he is not passing the concussion protocols. Nevertheless, I hope you are right.

akb1 (IP Logged)
15 October, 2017 17:23
Spoke to him last night, he again said 2 weeks before he is back.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
15 October, 2017 19:00
Quote:
akb1

Seems unlikely hed actually know right? Surely this is all about head injury protocols? Maybe hes just being confident.

Heres hoping hes back - but as above - I really worry about anyone coming back from a concussion so serious it keeps you out for this long.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/10/2017 22:02 by blucherquin.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
15 October, 2017 19:42
Does anyone know what level of training he's at? Does the 2 weeks refer to his return to training, to full contact training, or to playing?

Quins4life (IP Logged)
15 October, 2017 20:38
He was out on the pitch with the squad during the warmup yesterday, taking part in the defence drill and then did some of his own stuff after the players went in with the S&C guy. I actually think it may be because he isn't fully match fit rather than the head injury so they are waiting to give him a run out in the Anglo-welsh cup/ A league in two weeks time instead of throwing him into the heat of Premiership or European rugby

blucherquin (IP Logged)
15 October, 2017 22:03
Quote:
Quins4life
He was out on the pitch with the squad during the warmup yesterday, taking part in the defence drill and then did some of his own stuff after the players went in with the S&C guy. I actually think it may be because he isn't fully match fit rather than the head injury so they are waiting to give him a run out in the Anglo-welsh cup/ A league in two weeks time instead of throwing him into the heat of Premiership or European rugby

That makes more sense.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
16 October, 2017 01:18
Is it possible that he is just not being selected?

Illegitimi non carborundum

blucherquin (IP Logged)
16 October, 2017 06:44
Quote:
Scaramouche
Is it possible that he is just not being selected?

Nah, JK has been talking about his likely return in injury update a month ago.

MrOther (IP Logged)
16 October, 2017 06:55
Quote:
akb1

Jam tomorrow again then.

akb1 (IP Logged)
16 October, 2017 07:44
Quote:
MrOther
Quote:
akb1

Jam tomorrow again then.

?

poorfour (IP Logged)
16 October, 2017 09:15
Quote:
MrOther
Quote:
akb1

Jam tomorrow again then.

That sounds a lot like you are blaming the club because they haven't rushed a player back from a traumatic brain injury. If that wasn't your intent, then you might want to pick your words more carefully. If that was your intent, then you might want to consider picking another sport, because that has no place in rugby.

Concussion has very clear safety protocols for return to play and the length of time it takes to heal is famously indeterminate. Players go through a graduated return to full training and a return of symptoms at any point can restart the clock.

If Chisholm is training with the squad then that implies that he's basically cleared the return to play protocols, but he's been out for 6 months so it's not at all surprising if he needs some further time to get up to match fitness.

akb1 (IP Logged)
16 October, 2017 09:43
Quote:
poorfour
Quote:
MrOther
Quote:
akb1

Jam tomorrow again then.

That sounds a lot like you are blaming the club because they haven't rushed a player back from a traumatic brain injury. If that wasn't your intent, then you might want to pick your words more carefully. If that was your intent, then you might want to consider picking another sport, because that has no place in rugby.

Concussion has very clear safety protocols for return to play and the length of time it takes to heal is famously indeterminate. Players go through a graduated return to full training and a return of symptoms at any point can restart the clock.

If Chisholm is training with the squad then that implies that he's basically cleared the return to play protocols, but he's been out for 6 months so it's not at all surprising if he needs some further time to get up to match fitness.

Is that directed at me? or MrOther?

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
16 October, 2017 15:32
[www.bbc.co.uk]

If we were looking for back row cover, this guy has been very good this season for Ealing

Cookie (IP Logged)
16 October, 2017 15:34
Quote:
HonkyTonk
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/41639529
If we were looking for back row cover, this guy has been very good this season for Ealing

The one who's just signed for Worcester, you mean?

poorfour (IP Logged)
16 October, 2017 15:45
MrOther, akb1 (jam tomorrow being a phrase used to mean something repeatedly promised but never delivered. I think it dates back to rationing)

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
16 October, 2017 16:15
Quote:
Cookie
Quote:
HonkyTonk
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/41639529

The one who's just signed for Worcester, you mean?

Yes. If we were looking he would have been good.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
17 October, 2017 09:43
Quote:
poorfour
MrOther, akb1 (jam tomorrow being a phrase used to mean something repeatedly promised but never delivered. I think it dates back to rationing)

Lewis Carroll -- the Queen offers Alice jam tomorrow or jam yesterday but never jam today.

MrOther (IP Logged)
17 October, 2017 09:47
Quote:
poorfour
Quote:
MrOther
Quote:
akb1

Jam tomorrow again then.

OK, perhaps it was in bad taste for me to make a joke of the fact that James Chisholm knows no better than you or I when he'll be back, but that is the nature of the injury (as your little lecture goes on to point out).

Whether any of that justifies your sanctimonious outburst, I don't know. Hopefully you're feeling better now? If not, you might want to give it another squeeze and get all the nastiness out once and for all.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
17 October, 2017 13:50
Well I was HORRIFIED.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net