rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

OT SA v NZ
Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 17:00
Phenomenal game, with SA undone by a try that wasn't a try, and a red card that wasn't even a penalty. Meanwhile, NZ get away with pretty much everything bar decapitation. Lessons in how to live in offside-land, and how to milk a penalty.

Re: OT SA v NZ
Scaramouche (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 09:33
Oh, hello boys!!

I dont think you'll get much argument here about New Zealand's "physicality"..

Illegitimi non carborundum

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 09:57
Interesting comment in TRP about NZ's "ability to avoid detection when up to no good at ruck time and the so-called clear out".

They also talk about one of the Barretts hitting a ruck in an almost identical way to how Merrick did last week. Not punished if course, for a shoulder charge, right in front of the ref.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2017 10:00 by Quinky Kin.

Nemoquin (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 13:14
Thanks Sky.After two hours they switched to rugby league. So my recording missed the last few minutes of the game.

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 13:18
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Interesting comment in TRP about NZ's "ability to avoid detection when up to no good at ruck time and the so-called clear out".
They also talk about one of the Barretts hitting a ruck in an almost identical way to how Merrick did last week. Not punished if course, for a shoulder charge, right in front of the ref.

Barrett got penalised for an exact copy of the Merrick cleanout during the game (I just watched the game, so...)

Wasn't sure about the red but he did raise the elbow and if you're going to do that you risk a serious sanction. Idiotic play really.

Shocker of a decision in the Arg/Aus game, Aussie winger KO'd an Argentinian when he clipped him in the jaw with an upright tackle. Ref was convinced against video evidence that it was just a head clash so accidental.

But even if it was just a head clash, his tackling technique resulted in a serious head injury. Because it was supposedly his head and not his arms causing the damage that's OK?? That's so backwards and totally against what the laws are trying to prevent.

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 13:23
Quote:
Jammy Git
Quote:
Quinky Kin

Barrett got penalised for an exact copy of the Merrick cleanout during the game (I just watched the game, so...)

May have been a different incident. The one I'm referring to (and I think it's the same one that TRP mention) is where he was penalised for a side entry. No mention of the shoulder charge, which they thought was worth a yellow card.

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 15:34
Oh, fair enough. Same incident. Refs are wildly inconsistent over that, and it was a feature of the match that players were launching into rucks with the shoulder.

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 15:42
Quote:
Jammy Git
Oh, fair enough. Same incident. Refs are wildly inconsistent over that, and it was a feature of the match that players were launching into rucks with the shoulder.

Very true. I also fail to understand the laws regarding whether a player is a part of the ruck when he stands on the wrong side of it. That seems a frequent AB tactic.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net