rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Champions cup predictions
SiBolton (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 09:47
Reading TRP this morning they have us to finish second in pool and Wasps to finish 4th with La Rochelle as clear favourites
Has the curse of the 150th really hit Pests that much?
Don't think we will get too far in the tournament but happy to be in it.

Re: Champions cup predictions
Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 10:06
Wow they think we'll beat both Ulster and Wasps in the pool standings? I like their optimism! A lot will depend on how seriously La Rochelle take the competition, particularly in later rounds. If they lose one or both of their away games before we vist them, it could be that they will prioritise the Top 14. Last year they were semi-finalists, and they are well placed to finish in the top 6 again this season and make it through to the play-offs again (T14 has 6 teams in the knock-out stages). If they lose interest in the Champions Cup, the whole pool is up for grabs, and it's hard to call any of the games at the moment.

SiBolton (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 10:19
FF yep I was surprised, to pick us to beat those two is a surprise, let's hope La Rochelle change focus, currently six in top 14 with only 7 points between them and Lyon
Still some good away trips to look forward to and won't need as many layers as in Romania

Quins4life (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 10:34
Think it is a very even pool. Don't think two teams will qualify from it. We have to aim to win 3 homes games (which we can do) and try and pick up as many points away from home. Just looking forward to being back in the big time rather than having to go to Russia again this year

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 10:59
Quote:
SiBolton
FF yep I was surprised, to pick us to beat those two is a surprise, let's hope La Rochelle change focus, currently six in top 14 with only 7 points between them and Lyon
Still some good away trips to look forward to and won't need as many layers as in Romania

Don't forget that the La Rochelle have yet to play this w/e, so they could even be 4th by the end of today!

Quins4life (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 11:27
Small margins could make a difference and with us having an 8 day turnaround and La Rochelle having 6 (effectively 5 with travel) could play into our hands with being fresher and getting players back fit.

SiBolton (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 12:16
Good point FF, forgot they play today
Q4L think you mean Romania, and hope you're right about short turnaround,we need any advantage we can get against them , rightly so pool favourites

simjam (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 12:17
We will gain 17 points and scrape into the quarter finals, and after beating Leinster away 21-23 a shock 24-16 semi final victory over Clermont will be recorded setting up an all premiership final v Saracens.
And now it is time to return to my padded cell.

Adi Nako (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 14:03
I'm surprised by Ulster given that they are 5/6 But Wasps makes sense. The latter have won one less game than us so far (though are playing Saracens today) and we beat them at their place.

The Dead Baron (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 15:08
We're gonna get mullered.

Camquin (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 17:55
Wasps looked very poor against Sarries.
La Rochelle did not look much better against Racing.
Keep the faith.

MrOther (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 20:05
Quote:
Camquin
La Rochelle did not look much better against Racing.
Keep the faith.

Watched some of their game against Racing today. Not very impressive. Iím travelling in hope. Next week is my first visit to the Stoop this season.

PQ2 (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 09:19
Quote:
The Dead Baron
We're gonna get mullered.

Agree. My Champions' Cup prediction is: "We're Doomed! - DOOMED, I say!" <sob>..

We're in for a grossly disappointing injury-fest which will bu99er any hopes for a top-half AvivaPrem finish.
Put out he vets' team instead.

Woe, woe & thrice woe. sad smiley

T-Bone (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 10:50
Tough pool, but I guess they all are. Presumably at some stage Wasps will get their acts together, but the timing of that will depend a lot on their injuries. Injuries will no doubt play a large role in deciding our own success.

Let's start with a win on Saturday, get three home wins and see where we go from there. Bonus points could be very important though, and we've lost a couple of those this season, or allowed other teams to score them, from silly things, so need to be very disciplined

Robertquin (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 21:57
JK in the ES tonight said words to the effect that it was a tough pool but he thought none of the other teams would have been pleased when we dropped into it. I

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 01:20
Fighting talk!

Illegitimi non carborundum

T-Bone (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 10:45
Quote:
Quins4life
Think it is a very even pool. Don't think two teams will qualify from it. We have to aim to win 3 homes games (which we can do) and try and pick up as many points away from home. Just looking forward to being back in the big time rather than having to go to Russia again this year

My trip to Timisoara was considerably more enjoyable than my two trips to Coventry have been so far!

SiBolton (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 20:33
Quote:
T-Bone
Quote:
Quins4life

My trip to Timisoara was considerably more enjoyable than my two trips to Coventry have been so far!

Never enjoyed the atmosphere Hoover, been twice and watched us lose both times ( missed last game) and yep Timisoara was a great away trip without a doubt ( and cheap)
Should be at all fist round games and just hoping we can get the results to go a bit further, don't expect to reach the final by any stretch of the imagination but here's hoping we have a good run and some good away days

1908 (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 20:52
Strongly fancy Quins to do a number on La Rochelle.

Give them warm beer, (lock away any decent red wine) and some p*ss weak tea with soggy biscuits and they will think the whole world is against them.

Allez les Quins.

SiBolton (IP Logged)
19 October, 2017 20:45
So a lot of us got i5 wrong last Saturday, whatís everyone think for Sunday?

Iím thinking we are goin* to see a much improved Wasps

RleQuin (IP Logged)
19 October, 2017 21:08
Another loss sadly
RleQ

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net