rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

O/T Allianz Park visit
PeterboroughQuin (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 16:29
I was riding by Allianz Park on my motorbike today and thought I'd stop and take a look round. I parked up near some steps that led down to the running track and was able to go up in one of the stands and down onto the pitch by the posts to take some photos. I had just started my bike up and about to leave when a woman came over and told me I wasn't supposed to ride my bike on here and there is a road there for vehicles. I apologised and said I didn't notice the road. I hadn't noticed the road but had realised it was a pedestrianized area. I had rode on there at about 5 MPH with my legs down taking steps as I rode. She said that children were about. There wasnt any children outside but I apologised again and said I only wanted to take a few photos. She said I needed permission to take photos and should of come to reception. Again I said sorry and didn't realise and had only been there 10 minutes and was leaving now. I pushed my bike to the road and was gone.

Nice to see another Premiership ground up close even though I was told off. The 2 side stands are quite away from the pitch because of the 8 lane running track.

Re: O/T Allianz Park visit
Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 16:35
On the topic of other Premiership grounds, I've always quite liked Sixways. It's not the flashiest of grounds, but you can see how it grew over the years, the food options are okay, and the main stand is decent. The only real drawback is the 10/15 minute walk back under the dual carriage way.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 17:19
She sounds lovely.

QuinAlan (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 19:05
You might have been taking a look with a prospective season ticket in mind? Or were you wearing your Quins shirt?

blucherquin (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 19:28
Well you canít walk into the Stoop when itís closed any moee - not sure I can get that irate about them not wanting people randomly walking around.

Innings (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 23:06
As a different perspective, places where crowds gather are not unknown to be target sites for terrorism attacks. Was the person in question to know that you were not a potential terrorist bomber planning an attack? These attacks do happen, and the successful ones are planned, not spontaneous.

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 01:49
Scarycens.

Illegitimi non carborundum

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 06:06
Quote:
PeterboroughQuin

She said I needed permission to take photos and should of come to reception.

Is that what she said?

No education, these Saracens, have they?

RobB (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 08:25
In fairness, Allianz Park is in use most days. Loads of schools and clubs use the Athletics track and other facilities. There is an 100m indoor track with long jump pits under the main stand (carpeted over on match days and used as the bar). Then there is the addition of the corporate use of the site (boxes and rooms rented out to business during the week)

PeterboroughQuin (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 23:08
I understand her reaction. I could have been anyone. I was walking around with a rucksack on my back. There was also a young female about 18 sitting on the front row of the stand behind the posts. I said hello and she had a foreign accent. She looked a bit sheepish like she shouldn't have been there. I thought she might be one of the players 'bit on the side'. She was probably thinking what was in my rucksack!

Maybe the receptionist was a little crazy at me because I had a free tour instead of paying £12 for an 'Allianz Park tours - go behind the scenes'.

Anyhow I recommend having a look round if you are in the area but take a ball with you to have a few drop goal attempts.

11 October, 2017 16:55
Remember visiting AP a few years ago for a semi final I think, We were in the old stand directly opposite the large brand new one. What with the food court, running track and then subs etc between us and the pitch I literally felt like we were watching from the next stadium!!!! Most odd!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net