rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Backrow shortage Champions Cup
akb1 (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 08:04
It's obviously well known we are short of back row, but to add to the shortage it appears Dino Lamb isn't listed/registered in the squad for the Champions cup.

Hope Chisholm is back soon

Re: Backrow shortage Champions Cup
HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 08:46
Or others are back fit??? Do you have a link to the squad???

akb1 (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 09:21

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 10:03
Merci

Cookie (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 10:11
Quote:
akb1
It's obviously well known we are short of back row, but to add to the shortage it appears Dino Lamb isn't listed/registered in the squad for the Champions cup.
Hope Chisholm is back soon

Chis said '2 weeks' last week, so I guess he'll be touch and go.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 11:35
Is there an injury dispensation in this competition?

akb1 (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 11:43
3. Eligibility of players

3.1 Each club must nominate a squad of up to 41 players. A minimum of 10 of the players nominated by the club must be capable of playing in front row forward positions. All such players must, on registration, be fully and properly registered with their club and Union.

3.2 A club must nominate a squad of between 19 and 23 players for each match.

3.3 A minimum of six front row players must be included in each match squad such that on the first occasion that a replacement is required in each position, a replacement can be made. Where uncontested scrums are ordered due to the departure of a front row player and there is no suitable replacement, the player whose departure caused the uncontested scrums may not be replaced (i.e. the club will be required to play with 14 players).

3.4 In order to reduce the possibility of uncontested scrums, each club may also nominate further front row players, referred to as Emergency Front Row players, who may be registered with EPCR on a match-by-match basis provided that all necessary details of the players have been submitted before 12 noon (GMT) on 21 September 2017. The provision for the nomination of Emergency Front Row players is not intended to allow clubs to improve the quality of their squads, and is designed to cater for illness and/or injury in the relevant positions. The players added to squads will typically come from a club's academy or similar.

3.5 Each club may register up to three additional players during the pool stage, each to replace a player previously registered. If a club registers three additional players, one such player must be a front row player. Additional players must have a three-month contract with the club and must not have played for another club in the tournament. Additional player registrations must be submitted by 12 noon (GMT) on the Tuesday before the match. De-registered players may be re-registered (in place of the relevant additional players) during the pool stage.

3.6 Each club involved in the knockout stage may register up to three further players. If a club registers three further players, one such player must be a front row player. Such registrations must be submitted by 12 noon (GMT) on 15 March 2018. The players in question must not have played for another club in the tournament.

3.7 Each club is permitted a maximum of two 'non-European players' in each match squad.

Cookie (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 11:49
That would require us to sign someone and there seems no likelihood of that happening, even after losing yet another back rower and our only remaining openside.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 12:40
I take that to read that we can register existing players. It looks to me like they are saying that we cannot simply bring in a player on a contract of less than three months ie sign up a ringer. It isn't clear that it's only new signings that can be registered.

Or am I reading it wrongly?

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 12:47
#readingisfortheirish

Illegitimi non carborundum

MrOther (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 13:02
Quote:
Quinky Kin
I take that to read that we can register existing players. It looks to me like they are saying that we cannot simply bring in a player on a contract of less than three months ie sign up a ringer. It isn't clear that it's only new signings that can be registered.
Or am I reading it wrongly?

I think you are reading it correctly.

If we've got more than 41 players on the books we can swap them in and out of the pool stage squad at will (up to the Tuesday before the match).

Adi Nako (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 13:04
I think we are far more likely to use Ward or even a lock rather than deregister an injured player. No one other than Wallace is supposed to be long term.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 13:12
Quote:
Adi Nako
I think we are far more likely to use Ward or even a lock rather than deregister an injured player. No one other than Wallace is supposed to be long term.

Have we had an update on Clifford? The last I read, he had a "suspected" dislocation. I may have missed an announcement.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 13:15
I guess we may get an injury update on the squad this week since there's been so much publicity around our injury list - or at least you'd think it would be an ideal opportunity

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net