rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Yarde.....off to England?
blucherquin (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 21:20
Nowell is out with a fractured eye socket - we could end up losing Marland to England after all, and hes been playing really well for us.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2017 21:21 by blucherquin.

Re: Yarde.....off to England?
HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 21:26
I reckon it will be daly and may. I would like to solomona carry on. Lots in his game to work on but the guy is special. Saw him playing league for London Broncos. Quick, strong and a top finisher. Hopefully the more he plays union the more he will work on his problems. Jones will get him into shape

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2017 21:26 by HonkyTonk.

MrOther (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 22:20
I reckon it'll be Marland and Jonny May. Eddie Jones wants a worker and a speed merchant. If Jack Nowell's out, the way Marland's been playing he'll be in.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
11 October, 2017 22:34
Is brown definitely out? Can't see yarde overtaking Daly and watson.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 07:21
Quote:
HonkyTonk
I reckon it will be daly and may. I would like to solomona carry on. Lots in his game to work on but the guy is special. Saw him playing league for London Broncos. Quick, strong and a top finisher. Hopefully the more he plays union the more he will work on his problems. Jones will get him into shape

Well we managed to make him anonymous at the Stoop, so I'm less than impressed.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 08:27
Like I said though, lots to work on but the raw materials are there

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 10:14
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
HonkyTonk

Wasn't anonymous at the Stoop last season. Plus, you know, he's scored a hatful of tries since joining Sale.

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

GP2110 (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 10:38
Is watson available?

If so, as much as Jones has stuck with Brown, given his recent knock, I wouldn't be surprised to see a back 3 of Watson, May and Daly.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 15:32
Quote:
Jammy Git
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
HonkyTonk

Wasn't anonymous at the Stoop last season. Plus, you know, he's scored a hatful of tries since joining Sale.

Quite agree, but he's got a long way to go on development when he's not got ball in hand one-on-one and is operating in defence.

Cookie (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 06:41
Quote:
RodneyRegis
Is brown definitely out? Can't see yarde overtaking Daly and watson.

Browny back for tomorrow: [www.telegraph.co.uk]

TeddingtonQuin (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 08:33
Quote:
Cookie

Browny back for tomorrow: [www.telegraph.co.uk]

Great article - shows just how determined he is to hold on to both the quartered and white shirts!

West Stand, Block FD, Row S
@JT075 #COYQ

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 12:35
Maybe. He seems to lose it a bit when he's too hyped up, I wish he'd just concentrate on playing to his potential rather than all the snarly stuff.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 13:46
My next Border Terrier is going to be called Browny. He only gets snarly when provoked and he has it under much better control than he used to. EJ likes that about any player. Look who is England Captain. I think Brown is still an elite player and will be on into Japan.

Illegitimi non carborundum

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 13:58
I agree BUT, I think England need to try out someone else at FB in case we loose Brown to injury and then end up having to throw someone in at the deep end

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/10/2017 14:45 by HonkyTonk.

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 14:29
Brown has the shirt until someone who is regularly playing full-back for their club takes it off him.

I think Watson would be a good option at full-back, but unless he plays there regularly for Bath I wouldn't want to see him thrown in for England.

Not that I've seen much of Bath so far this season. Has he been playing full-back?

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 14:43
Quote:
Scaramouche
My next Border Terrier is going to be called Browny. He only gets snarly when provoked and he has it under much better control than he used to. EJ likes that about any player. Look who is England Captain. I think Brown is still an elite player and will be on into Japan.

I'm not talking about the agro with other players, that's fine. I mean when he overplays because he's annoyed we're playing badly, or he's dipped in form, or he's playing for his England place. He tries to do everything and often ends up soiling the bed.

thomh (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 16:07
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Brown has the shirt until someone who is regularly playing full-back for their club takes it off him.
I think Watson would be a good option at full-back, but unless he plays there regularly for Bath I wouldn't want to see him thrown in for England.

Not that I've seen much of Bath so far this season. Has he been playing full-back?

He plays almost every game there for Bath and has done for years.

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 16:28
Quote:
thomh
Quote:
talkshowhost86

He plays almost every game there for Bath and has done for years.

Fair enough.

Shows what I know.

Whenever I've seen them he's been on the wing, but to be fair that isn't many games (and I don't think I've seen them this season actually).

Well then that puts him as the main contender to Brown. I've often thought he's the long term successor at full-back so will be interesting to see if Eddie thinks the same.

thomh (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 17:26
I think he plays with every now and then when Homer is at full-back, but the default is to have Banahan, Roko and Watson. He played 15 in the 2015 premiership final, for example (for as long as it took Farrell to knock him out).

Nookes (IP Logged)
16 October, 2017 16:42
All The 'stuff' about Brown -- my mind goes back years when it was said he will never get THE 15 SHIRT FOR ENGLAND - THEN several caps later - PROBABABLY WON'T KEEP IT - 60 odd caps later - maybe someone can take it off him. Hedge your bets and you could be right???

1908 (IP Logged)
16 October, 2017 17:18
Depends who plays in the centres. If Slade gets a chance at 13 then Woodburn might be looked at. May seems to be on fire.....so it seems as if there is only one slot available. Nowell is out of the AI's. Watson, Yarde, Daly, Roko.....a lot of good choices.
I just hope he picks Farrell at 10 and tries another 12....Teo or even Slade.
As for 15...it's Brown's to loose and I don't see him giving it up yet.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net