rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Claud Brian "Stack"" Stevens RIP
ssdudley (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 15:38
I hope Quins will have a minute applause/silence for this proud Cornishman and Quin.

Re: Claud Brian "Stack"" Stevens RIP
QuinAlan (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 19:08
Great player in his day. Remember him from my early youth. Forgot that he played on the 71 Lions tour. Cant have been many better to emerge from the Cornish land.

gregory p (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 09:04
I think he first got picked for England when playing his club rugby for Penzance and Newlyn. That really was another era. It's worth tracking down his try against NZ for England on Youtube. I too hope we have a round of applause for him on Saturday.

Quin Kong (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 09:16
[youtu.be]

QUIN KONG

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/10/2017 09:17 by Quin Kong.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 12:06
More info on the players

[en.wikipedia.org]

Illegitimi non carborundum

1908 (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 16:24
A great Pirate, Quin, England and Lions player.

Also worth remembering he was asked to go on the 74 Lions tour but farming commitments meant he couldn't. He was finishing his playing days at the Pirates just as I started mine. He was a great prop with natural "farming strength". He also had wonderful hands. He gave quite a few scoring passes when playing for England.

Great man. RIP Stack.

MrOther (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 16:55

1908 (IP Logged)
14 October, 2017 10:29
That's a good obituary. Stack would have loved the hard, firm surfaces in SA. He would have probably forced his way into the Test side as well.

RleQuin (IP Logged)
14 October, 2017 11:34
A sad day
RleQ

ssdudley (IP Logged)
14 October, 2017 12:42
I'll have a pint or 5 of Tribute......as a tribute!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net