rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Catrakilis to return around Christmas Time
Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
17 October, 2017 12:38
According to ESPN.

A couple of points in the article:

Lang & Swiel to start to share more of the load at 10 now Lang is back from injury.

Clifford is waiting on more tests later this week to see if he needs surgery.

Re: Catrakilis to return around Christmas Time
blucherquin (IP Logged)
17 October, 2017 12:52
Yeah they've nicked it from the Standard.

[www.standard.co.uk]

Great PR from the club again -- you'd think they'd put out an injury update themselves before or at the same time as JK does an interview in which he reveals some pretty important information about a major signing.

TeddingtonQuin (IP Logged)
17 October, 2017 12:57
He's going to have a scrap on his hands for the shirt if Smith carries on playing the way he is!

West Stand, Block FD, Row S
@JT075 #COYQ

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
17 October, 2017 13:37
Dont think Smith will be playing in any development games for sure!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Stoquin (IP Logged)
17 October, 2017 15:52
re read the article several times looking for the ...important information about a major signing...!! I couldn't find it. Got excited for a moment.

Adi Nako (IP Logged)
17 October, 2017 16:05
Good, we need someone to start the lv games

Rocker (IP Logged)
17 October, 2017 19:10
Hell that's a big chunk of the season out! Good job Smith is as good as he is despite his tender years. I think it souks be very sensible to rotate the other 2 into vans a bit or young Marcus will probably end up broken....

blucherquin (IP Logged)
17 October, 2017 21:59
Quote:
Stoquin
re read the article several times looking for the ...important information about a major signing...!! I couldn't find it. Got excited for a moment.

As JK says today - and has said since the start - hes Nevs replacement - Id call that major.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/10/2017 22:00 by blucherquin.

TeddingtonQuin (IP Logged)
17 October, 2017 22:14
Wasn't NEv's replacement in the academy all along though? (Sm100)

West Stand, Block FD, Row S
@JT075 #COYQ

blucherquin (IP Logged)
18 October, 2017 08:06
Im not one of the Quimoaners - but it is an indication of total amateurism for the DoR to give an important injury update to the Standard and for the club not to announce the same news to supporters on its own outlets.

Theyve been posting all kinds of general pr on Facebook and twitter since this story went online and not a mention from Quins.

Not a massive deal at all in the grand scheme of things but hardly indicative of a global brand

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
18 October, 2017 08:15
Looking forward to seeing Lang getting some game time. I like him as a player

blucherquin (IP Logged)
18 October, 2017 08:19
Quote:
HonkyTonk

Agreed but really worry about any games where Swiel starts, which he has to in order to rest and protect Smith. He looked promising at 10 in his first season but now I just clench every time he's on the field. Oh well, roller coaster season again...

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
18 October, 2017 08:24
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
HonkyTonk

Agreed but really worry about any games where Swiel starts, which he has to in order to rest and protect Smith. He looked promising at 10 in his first season but now I just clench every time he's on the field. Oh well, roller coaster season again...

Swiel seems better when he starts the game. When he comes off the bench he seems to show flashes of great play interspersed with nightmare moments. It's almost like he can't switch into the pace of the game very easily. I like him as a player though - great pace and not afraid to attack. Maybe not the best in defence.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
18 October, 2017 08:36
I might get slated for this but.....

I would leave Smith out this weekend. I would also start White and be tempted to start Elia. Still along way to go in Europe, and I think we are more than capable of getting a result against Wasps and Ulster but with the injuries we have I cant see this squad having enough to compete on all fronts. With that in mind, make the league the priority. We are quite well set in the Prem and a win against Worcs next week would set us up nicely. Would also give a few of the younger guys mentioned above a run out (I think both have shown in their small cameos that they can handle themselves well enough). We have the LV coming up soon which will also let us shuffle a few around and give well earned rests to a few.

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
18 October, 2017 09:06
Quote:
HonkyTonk
I might get slated for this but.....
I would leave Smith out this weekend. I would also start White and be tempted to start Elia. Still along way to go in Europe, and I think we are more than capable of getting a result against Wasps and Ulster but with the injuries we have I cant see this squad having enough to compete on all fronts. With that in mind, make the league the priority. We are quite well set in the Prem and a win against Worcs next week would set us up nicely. Would also give a few of the younger guys mentioned above a run out (I think both have shown in their small cameos that they can handle themselves well enough). We have the LV coming up soon which will also let us shuffle a few around and give well earned rests to a few.

No slating from me. That sounds a sensible idea to me. Face it, everyone, we are not going to win the Champions Cup, nor were we expecting to. We should be looking at how well we can perform against top clubs from Europe and using that as an idea on where the squad may need to change for next season to be better prepared for the challenge next season. Prioritise the League to make sure we're in the Champions Cup again next year.

At the start of this season, we sat in a pool with the team that topped the Top14 having played a style similar to ours but with added weight in the pack to handle the normal "french club"-style opposition they faced nationally. Add to them we had the team that topped the Aviva Premiership also playing well (losing out only in the final), and an Irish team that just missed out on the playoffs for the Pro12 finals as well. These are all tough teams to beat. Yes, Wasps seem to have had a giant brain-fart this season, so we can look to try to do the double-double over them in the ERC & AP, but the sackcloth and ashes over the loss to La Rochelle is uncalled for in my opinion. They were a revelation last season and are currently 4th in the T14, with the third best points difference, so they know how to score & score well.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
18 October, 2017 09:25
I'll line up for a slating.

If we lose this weekend we're out, so why not throw everything at it and see where we are? If we lose we can rest palyers in December and again in the final rounds. If we win we're back in it.

I would certainly cosider starting White and Elia, but Smith needs to play.

Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
18 October, 2017 09:49
Quote:
RodneyRegis
I'll line up for a slating.
If we lose this weekend we're out, so why not throw everything at it and see where we are? If we lose we can rest palyers in December and again in the final rounds. If we win we're back in it.

I would certainly consider starting White and Elia, but Smith needs to play.

+1

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
18 October, 2017 10:54
I suppose we should do what Wasps would least like us to do.

And my roof is thatched.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
18 October, 2017 11:43
This should do the trick...

http://www.worldrecordacademy.com/food/img/113161-2_largest_pizza_Rome.jpg

blucherquin (IP Logged)
19 October, 2017 21:50
And still no statement about the Cat from the club beyond that interview with the Standard - which is fine if you commute on the tube and are so bored you pick up a copy but otherwise seen by no one...

NicoWilson (IP Logged)
20 October, 2017 07:39
Slightly slow off the mark but I've just noticed that both the Standard and the ESPN article are written by Chris Jones.

Cookie (IP Logged)
20 October, 2017 09:35
I'm definitely of the opinion that the Glynn at 6 experiment has failed. Give White his chance. And Ward had an excellent game last weekend (bar one overthrow) so no need to tamper there.

I'm with RR. Whilst I would agree we're unlikely to win the whole thing, I'd love a final away day in France/Ireland. If (big if) we win on Sunday, we'll arguably be where we expected to be after 2 games: 5 points.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net