rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Yarde dropped
DazzaS (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 15:48
Yarde dropped for today's match. Quins said for internal disciplinary issue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/10/2017 16:17 by DazzaS.

Re: Yarde dropped
TheSouthfields2 (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 16:01
1st Visser and then Yarde. Why not win the game and then address the issue? Why is there a growing dissent at Quins?

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 16:13
Because that's not how you punish players. This shouldn't be used as a stick to beat the club with - it's how most sides would do it, from London Irish to the All Blacks.

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 16:33
Quote:
TheSouthfields2
1st Visser and then Yarde. Why not win the game and then address the issue? Why is there a growing dissent at Quins?

Visser is playing. Oh I see, you've got a new username.

TheSouthfields2 (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 16:21
looks like it's shaken the team's mindset.

Dark Pies (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 18:29
Purely speculation, but dropped because he's signed - or maybe just shaken hands on - a deal with another club without speaking to the club? Given the timing with the rumours floating around it seems more than coincidental...

thomh (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 18:30
Quote:
Dark Pies
Purely speculation, but dropped because he's signed - or maybe just shaken hands on - a deal with another club without speaking to the club? Given the timing with the rumours floating around it seems more than coincidental...

It would have to be a foreign club. Not allowed to sign players from rival English clubs until January.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 18:33
I am going to guess something like missing a team meeting etc. He cant even talk to other clubs in England till Jan can he??? Internal matter seems something non serious but needed dealing with

Quin Kong (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 18:34
Wait for the Sarries announcement

QUIN KONG

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 18:36
Some good gossip on here already. I reckon he got caught stealing from an off license.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 18:37
Cant remember where I read it (on here??) but it was ..

Wade to France, replaced by Lewington from Irish. Yarde to ??? Replaced by Earle from Sarries (although Lewington has been linked to Sarries and we have been linked with the Argie winger).

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 18:41
Signed off a tweet with #jkout

Navyquin (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 18:50
I think he has be found out for steeling our defence guide book at the start of the season.

Samquin (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 21:02
Apparently he may have been late for training. Surely a fine would have been more appropriate.

Quote from after game."Rugby director Kingston refused to elaborate on Yarde's actions, but the 25-year-old is understood to have been late for training during the week. Kingston insisted Yarde will return to action as normal on Monday, following his side's five-try loss in Coventry."

Greene King (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 21:15
I was told by a friend of my neighbour who knows the brother in law of the bloke who looks after car parking at the supermarket where Yarde went once to buy semi-skimmed milk that he turned up to training without his kit and refused to practice in his pants and vest.

Legally drinking ale since 1986 & moaning like a good un with Q-GOMC since 2010.

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 21:16
The way this tends to work for most teams is the players all agree to the code of conduct and enforce it themselves. I have to stress again that letting people off lightly - or, at least, not punishing people the way the code calls for - is counter-productive.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 23:39
"Is it coz I is black?"

Illegitimi non carborundum

Monte (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 06:23
Times this morning is saying he failed to show up for the Captainís run on Saturday.

DOK (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 06:32
Well, you can't expect there not to be consequences for that!

The reason for missing it could be anything from a major sulk to a major hangover.

arniepie (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 07:07
Didnít show up for training 3 times last week without a phone call or a note from mum, totally disrespectful

NicoWilson (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 07:17
This is what the Grauniad has to say about Yarde:

Quote:
Guardian:
Marland Yarde, dropped from the visiting squad for what was described by his club as ďan internal disciplinary matter.Ē Yardeís poor time-keeping and attitude are understood to be at the root of the problem, with the wingerís failure to turn up on time for the pre-match team run having stretched his coachesí patience beyond breaking point.

Link: The Guardian

T-Bone (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 09:40
Think Jones has also said in the past his attitude is not always the best. Silly boy getting himself dropped so close to AIs with other wingers currently injured. Not a reason to criticise the club

Barnetsarrie12 (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 13:58
This does not look good for Yarde or the DOR. Missing training does not look good for him and i will not be shocked if he is not included in the squad for the AI's.

It also does not look good for your DOR as it does not look like he is running a tight ship.

No player should ever be missing or coming late for training, zero excuse for that and the club got it right suspending him, he is very stupid for doing that and probably cost himself an England place.

SelbyQuin (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 14:07
He was dropped as he did not attend a team run I am informed.

23 October, 2017 14:17
The fact that a player feels emboldened to miss a team run is beyond me, this does not look good for Yarde at all and also Kingston. Your best players and your internationals set the tone and for one of your best players to miss a team run does not look good

Mancquin (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 14:39
He should have been fined or punished in some other way. I didn't see the match v Wasps, but dropping one of the first choice fit players is not likely to have had a positive effect on the result nor the number of tries Wasps and in particular, Wade were able to run in. Its like the Headmaster punishing the whole school because some prat will not own up to some misdemeanour.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 14:43
I think Quins done the right thing leaving him out, no one is bigger than the squad or the club. Like the fact he has been made to play for the A team tonight also (away down in Gloucs)

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 15:36
Quote:
Barnetsarrie12
The fact that a player feels emboldened to miss a team run is beyond me, this does not look good for Yarde at all and also Kingston. Your best players and your internationals set the tone and for one of your best players to miss a team run does not look good

Doesn't look good for Yarde, agreed. I'd say it does look good on Kingston as it shows he enforces discipline.

As for the reasons behind it, so far it's just rumour.

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 15:48
Quote:
Barnetsarrie12

Agreed it looks very bad for Yarde and his future at the club.

And I also agree it reflects badly on the management generally. For Yarde to have been dropped it suggests it wasn't his first offence, as I'm assuming being dropped isn't the sort of punishment they'd give for a first offence.

Doesn't really suggest that whatever we've tried before to remind him of his obligations has gone too well.

Ah well. He'll probably be at Sarries being an absolute world-beater next season anyway.

23 October, 2017 15:59
Nah Talkshow, I won't want him at sarries and i don't think he will fit in here, the one thing the boys at our club do well and the guys who come in is work hard.

This looks very bad for Yarde and suggests he is unprofessional, I would not want that sort of player at our club and good for quins for suspending him.

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 16:09
Quote:
Barnetsarrie12
Nah Talkshow, I won't want him at sarries and i don't think he will fit in here, the one thing the boys at our club do well and the guys who come in is work hard.
This looks very bad for Yarde and suggests he is unprofessional, I would not want that sort of player at our club and good for quins for suspending him.

So how does it look bad for Kingston?

23 October, 2017 16:12
It looks bad Quinten as i don't think this sort of stuff would have happened at an Exeter for example. I just think Baxter commands so much respect that a player at Exeter would never do that same thing.

To me if Yarde truly respected his team mates and coaches, he won't do what he did. I'm glad Kingston suspended him but when i say it looks bad, it's just that it happened on his watch

GP2110 (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 16:33
I think the issue here is more Yarde than whoever the head coach is. It's not the first time that his attitude has been questioned (not just by Quins).

23 October, 2017 16:39
I agree GP, he seems to have an issue with his attitude and what a shame as he has all the talent in the world.

DOK (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 18:33
He's probably frustrated that the contract talks drag on and (obviously) he's not getting what he wants. Much as the "any stick to beat JK" attempts amuse me, you can't really convince me that had we had Richard Cockerill running the ship, Yarde's behaviour would have been any different! smiling smiley. Looks like the Captain's Run thing was a last straw thing, not a one off incident, in which case the club had to decide what to do - ignore it or punish it.

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 18:43
Quote:
Barnetsarrie12
It looks bad Quinten as i don't think this sort of stuff would have happened at an Exeter for example. I just think Baxter commands so much respect that a player at Exeter would never do that same thing.
To me if Yarde truly respected his team mates and coaches, he won't do what he did. I'm glad Kingston suspended him but when i say it looks bad, it's just that it happened on his watch

So when high profile All Blacks transgress does it look bad for the AB management?

ricohchezwasp (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 21:02
Probably still be in the England squad alongside that other miscreant Solomena.... how stupid are these guys.

Not a Doctor and not a troll!!

TeflonTed (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 11:25
Quote:
HonkyTonk
I think Quins done the right thing leaving him out, no one is bigger than the squad or the club. Like the fact he has been made to play for the A team tonight also (away down in Gloucs)

HT, there are Glaws posters saying he wasnít there.....do we know if this is right?

T-Bone (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 11:37
Quote:
Jammy Git
Quote:
Barnetsarrie12

So when high profile All Blacks transgress does it look bad for the AB management?

I'd say it does. It is slightly different, as international players are not overseen by their coaches day to day, so I think a player's transgression during club duty will probably reflect more badly on the club than when the same happens at international level, but it still reflects badly in both cases. Just look at the fuss during RWC 2011 with the England players.

In fact I think the NZ RFU have recently had a report commissioned highlighting problems with the AB culture with drinking and misogyny

Obviously first and foremost it reflects badly on the player, and these guys are adults, not children. I think JK's decision to drop him was the correct one and as, as far as I'm aware, this has been a one off problem with one player, I don't think it reflects badly on JK or the club yet. If it happens again with another player, it might point to a bigger problem, but it hasn't yet, so so far I see no reason to criticise the club or JK, just Yarde.

Compare to Bath with the cocaine problem a few years ago, or perhaps Edinburgh now with two players suspended

Finknottle (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 13:43
Quote:
TeflonTed
Quote:
HonkyTonk

HT, there are Glaws posters saying he wasnít there.....do we know if this is right?

He didn't play...

Harlequins A:

15. Aaron Morris; 14. Max Coyle, 13. Alofa Alofa, 12. Harry Sloan, 11. Ross Chisholm; 10. Tim Swiel, 9. Charlie Mulchrone (capt); 1. Mark Lambert, 2. Charlie Piper, 3. Josh McNulty; 4. John Okafor, 5. Dino Lamb; 6. Nathan Thomas (Guest), 7. Elia Elia, 8. Thomas Whitehurst (Guest)

Replacements:

16. George Head, 17. Cameron Holenstein, 18. Josh Ibuanokpe, 19. Samir Kharbouch (Guest), 22. James Lang, 23. Calum Waters

Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 14:18
So was he due to play, originally, or never picked?

If the former, was there a good reason he didn't actually play, or did he just 'miss the bus'.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

Finknottle (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 14:23
Quote:
Brummagem Bertie
If the former, was there a good reason he didn't actually play, or did he just 'miss the bus'.

He was in the lineup that Quins announced at 12:00. No mention in the Quins report of why he didn't play.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 15:04
Out f interest, did Holenstein get on the pitch? I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do as he looks a powerful unit. Methinks that might happen sooner rather than later.

MrOther (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 16:31
Quote:
Finknottle
Quote:
Brummagem Bertie

He was in the lineup that Quins announced at 12:00. No mention in the Quins report of why he didn't play.

Sulking at the indignity of it all perhaps?

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 16:36
Embarrassed so in disguise??

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 10:52
Rumour coming from one of the Eggchasers Podcast (JB to be specific) is that Yarde is going to go to Sale. At first he just mentioned it as a rumour on Twitter & said it was just what he'd heard. Just now he's tweeted that Sale have told him that he (JB ) is no longer welcome at tonight's game or press days.
The Eggchasers are Manchester based, and JB has often had a soft spot for Sale in their podcasts. He often gets behind the scenes there at game days, so for them to effectively block him would be a strange move.

I'm not saying this is a done deal, as clubs can't talk to players in other clubs until January, but given other musings above, and the quality of the source, I thought it worth sharing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/10/2017 10:59 by Fearless Fred.

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 10:55
Quote:
Fearless Fred
Rumour coming from one of the Eggchasers Podcast (JB to be specific) is that Yarde is going to go to Sale. At first he just mentioned it as a rumour on Twitter & said it was just what he'd heard. Just now he's tweeted that Sale have told him that he (Jcool smiley is no longer welcome at tonight's game or press days.
The Eggchasers are Manchester based, and JB has often had a soft spot for Sale in their podcasts. He often gets behind the scenes there at game days, so for them to effectively block him would be a strange move.

I'm not saying this is a done deal, as clubs can't talk to players in other clubs until January, but given other musings above, and the quality of the source, I thought it worth sharing.

To be fair JB has linked every player in the league to Sale at some point.

But it's starting to look increasingly like Yarde won't be a Quins player next season.

Shame really. I doubt we'll be able to bring in anyone better than him unless we push the boat out money wise.

27 October, 2017 11:00
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Quote:
Fearless Fred
Rumour coming from one of the Eggchasers Podcast (JB to be specific) is that Yarde is going to go to Sale. At first he just mentioned it as a rumour on Twitter & said it was just what he'd heard. Just now he's tweeted that Sale have told him that he (JB ) is no longer welcome at tonight's game or press days.

To be fair JB has linked every player in the league to Sale at some point.

But it's starting to look increasingly like Yarde won't be a Quins player next season.

Shame really. I doubt we'll be able to bring in anyone better than him unless we push the boat out money wise.

That's true enough! Mind you, if we *are* going to splash some money around, Simon Zebo's on the market...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/10/2017 11:08 by Fearless Fred.

QuinBling (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 11:55
Interesting about Yarde potentially going to Sale - [mobile.twitter.com]

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 12:17
No, that's Marlon. Presumably Marland is staying here.

27 October, 2017 12:56
Quote:
RodneyRegis

To be fair, JB's spelling can be pretty appalling at times!

arniepie (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 15:55
Donít think yarde will be a Quins player next week never mind next season, maybe Nathan earle as a replacement

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 16:18
Or the guy from Argentina

blucherquin (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 18:13
Quote:
Fearless Fred
Quote:
RodneyRegis

To be fair, JB's spelling can be pretty appalling at times!

Yeah but he nailed the story this time

RocQuin (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 18:21
BT Sport at Sale tonight - Marland has signed for Sale and will be there by next weekend.

Big loss for Quins, but good luck to Marland and thanks for all your efforts while you have been with us.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 18:33
Hmmm. Not sure I'm feeling so generous.

This Thread has been closed
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net