rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site


Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Wasps match thread
RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 16:06
Must win.

 
Re: Wasps match thread
Jammy Git (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 16:10
Can't see how we do now though. Their pack is much superior to ours.



O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

 
Re: Wasps match thread
RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 16:11
Yes, although they were truly dire last week. Might be a cripple fight.

 
Re: Wasps match thread
RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 16:18
Defence is fine.

 
Re: Wasps match thread
Mayor West (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 16:20
Wasps try according to bbc

 
Re: Wasps match thread
RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 16:22
Oh dear.

 
Re: Wasps match thread
Dibden (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 16:22
Care waving Hughes through hardly fine defence

 
Re: Wasps match thread
thomh (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 16:22
And another. Care at fault for missed tackle for the first. Second from a Smith kick being charged down.

 
Re: Wasps match thread
Heath Quinn (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 16:22
embarrassing....

 
Re: Wasps match thread
RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 16:23
Telegraphed from smith.

 
Re: Wasps match thread
talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 16:38
Oh dear

 
Re: Wasps match thread
Dave L (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 16:24
That was dopey. Earn the right to do that. Lesson learned there I hope.

 
Re: Wasps match thread
RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 16:26
Heaven's sake visser. Give the pass.

 
Re: Wasps match thread
Dark Pies (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 16:26
14-0 after 8mins. Total shambles. First big error from Smith as well.

 
Re: Wasps match thread
HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 16:26
Teams don't really have to try too hard to score against us. We make it quite easy

 
Re: Wasps match thread
HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 16:29
We are winning quite a few pens here

 
Re: Wasps match thread
RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 16:30
Try.

 
Re: Wasps match thread
HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 16:31
I think apart from the brain farts that led to the tries, we are playing ok

 
Re: Wasps match thread
RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 16:32
Standard decoy.

 
Re: Wasps match thread
RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 16:34
Ugh.

 
Re: Wasps match thread
RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 16:40
Swainston sad smiley

 
Re: Wasps match thread
HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 16:41
Might help if Robson put the ball in rather than trying to ref the scrum!!!

 
Re: Wasps match thread
Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 17:00
Normally they penalise a scrum half for not putting in...

How was that a handoff to the chest?!

 
Re: Wasps match thread
RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 16:48
Yellow?

 
Re: Wasps match thread
HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 16:48
Commentator just said Clifford back in November

 
Re: Wasps match thread
RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 16:49
Nothing in that.

 
Re: Wasps match thread
HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 16:49
Bit naughty by Hughes

 
Re: Wasps match thread
Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 17:06
Laughable refereeing.

 
Re: Wasps match thread
HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 16:53
I understand the pen against Walker but I think it was also a.pen against Hughes. Cant believe it was not looked at

 
Re: Wasps match thread
RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 16:53
That went backwards...

 
Re: Wasps match thread
HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 16:54
And cost us a try now

 
Re: Wasps match thread
Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 17:09
That ref shouldn't be allowed near an under 10s game.

 
Re: Wasps match thread
thomh (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 16:56
Referee has lost the plot. Hughes should be in the bin and wasps should have had a penalty try. Absolutely no way Wade wouldn't have scored, and it only needs to be probably anyway, not certain.

 
Re: Wasps match thread
HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 16:56
Not sure about that, he is not the reason we are losing. The Hughes incident should have been called by the tmo

 
Re: Wasps match thread
Jammy Git (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 16:56
Why? He got the Brown decision right, Walker was asking for trouble by tipping a player, and Quins are the architects of their own downfall right now.



O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

 
Re: Wasps match thread
Roaming Quin (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 16:56
Dont 5ink were doing enough to complain.

 
Re: Wasps match thread
DazzaS (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 16:56
I never liked the champions cup anyway.

 
Re: Wasps match thread
Dark Pies (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 16:56
I hate to be negative but at this rate Wasps will have the bonus point by half time and we'll be effectively out of the champs cup after 120mins played....

 
Re: Wasps match thread
thomh (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 16:57
Quote:
Jammy Git
Why? He got the Brown decision right, Walker was asking for trouble by tipping a player, and Quins are the architects of their own downfall right now.

Definitely should have been a penalty try so that decision actually went in their favour

 
Re: Wasps match thread
Man from LA (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 16:57
How the TMO didn't notify the ref about Hughes forearm is beyond me. The standard of refereeing this weekend has been abysmal.

 
Re: Wasps match thread
RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 16:59
Swaino growing into this.

 
Re: Wasps match thread
HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 16:59
V good scrum there

 
Re: Wasps match thread
Roaming Quin (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 16:59
Hughes off feet and hands in ruck wins turnover.

 
Re: Wasps match thread
RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 16:59
He was on his knees.

 
Re: Wasps match thread
HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 16:59
Funny game this. I still think we are in it

 
Re: Wasps match thread
Dave L (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 16:59
Again, we need to control what we can control and were just not doing that yet again.

Agree on the Hughes incident but no video ref would give an opinion on that in game time Im afraid. Theyll leave it to the citing commissioner.

 
Re: Wasps match thread
Heath Quinn (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 16:59
Because the crowd didn't jeer it. I understand home advantage, but this is ridiculous.

 
Re: Wasps match thread
Jammy Git (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 17:00
Quote:
Man from LA
How the TMO didn't notify the ref about Hughes forearm is beyond me. The standard of refereeing this weekend has been abysmal.

Quirk of the laws. All that was made irrelevant by Charlie Walker's foul play, eradicating what happened afterwards. That's SUPPOSED to not overrule serious foul play, but I'm not particularly keen on spending any more time watching the TMO and ref bore us to death



O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

 
Re: Wasps match thread
Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 17:15
Hughes is incredible... Not only are his forearms invisible to the ref, but he can also support his own bodyweight at an angle of 45 degrees...

 
Re: Wasps match thread
Jammy Git (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 17:01
Virtually every player can support their own bodyweight at that angle. The real problem was the lack of support and the failed cleanout.



O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

 
Re: Wasps match thread
HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 17:02
Scrum on top here

 
Re: Wasps match thread
Dave L (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 17:03
Any more penalties?

 
Re: Wasps match thread
HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 17:03
Wasps due a yellow soon???

 
Re: Wasps match thread
Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 17:18
Quote:
Jammy Git
Virtually every player can support their own bodyweight at that angle. The real problem was the lack of support and the failed cleanout.

Disagree 100% David Blaine couldn't do what Hughes did there.

 
Re: Wasps match thread
talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 17:19
We’re not very good are we?

 
Re: Wasps match thread
RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 17:05
PATHETIC

 
Re: Wasps match thread
HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 17:05
Line out going well. Shame we fluffed it at the end though

 
Re: Wasps match thread
Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 17:20
Quote:
HonkyTonk
Wasps due a yellow soon???

They have a yellow. He's holding the whistle.

 
Re: Wasps match thread
22 October, 2017 17:06
That is laughably pathetic!

Next week could really be a relegation match!

 
Re: Wasps match thread
Roaming Quin (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 17:06
We can exploit there defence they are rushing up so quick leaving dog leg on the inside. Ref is poor IMO. Can still get something from this.

 
Re: Wasps match thread
22 October, 2017 17:07
What does Easter and Rowntree get paid for, can't defend and our maul attack and defence is dreadful!

 
Re: Wasps match thread
HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 17:07
Bit of an overreaction. We are nowhere near a relegation side.

 
Re: Wasps match thread
euroquin (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 17:07
Back to the bad old days. I really thought we'd turned a corner this season (from the last Wasps away game). But this is dire.

The ref is pants. Wasps are average at best. But we are just awful.

 
Re: Wasps match thread
Jammy Git (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 17:07
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Jammy Git
Virtually every player can support their own bodyweight at that angle. The real problem was the lack of support and the failed cleanout.

Disagree 100% David Blaine couldn't do what Hughes did there.

Identical to about 99% of Dave Ward's turnovers :|

annoyed he didn't play any advantage for us on the second lineout penalty at the end of the half there.



O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

 
Re: Wasps match thread
Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 17:25
Quote:
Jammy Git
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Jammy Git
Virtually every player can support their own bodyweight at that angle. The real problem was the lack of support and the failed cleanout.

Disagree 100% David Blaine couldn't do what Hughes did there.

Identical to about 99% of Dave Ward's turnovers :|

annoyed he didn't play any advantage for us on the second lineout penalty at the end of the half there.

Hughes only had one hand on the ball...

 
Re: Wasps match thread
DazzaS (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 17:12
Apparently we had 67% possession and around 70% territory.

 
Re: Wasps match thread
Dave L (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 17:13
We're not controlling what we can control which is so frustrating. Don't feel we're completely out of the game but we're not helping ourselves.

The wailing about relegation match etc is dead boring however.

 
Re: Wasps match thread
Man from LA (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 17:14
Quote:
Jammy Git
Quote:
Man from LA
How the TMO didn't notify the ref about Hughes forearm is beyond me. The standard of refereeing this weekend has been abysmal.

Quirk of the laws. All that was made irrelevant by Charlie Walker's foul play, eradicating what happened afterwards. That's SUPPOSED to not overrule serious foul play, but I'm not particularly keen on spending any more time watching the TMO and ref bore us to death

I get your point but the rules aren't allowed to be waived because they bore you. If it's a forearm to the head, potentially deliberate, the TMO has a duty to flag it up.

 
Re: Wasps match thread
Jammy Git (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 17:14
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Jammy Git
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Jammy Git
Virtually every player can support their own bodyweight at that angle. The real problem was the lack of support and the failed cleanout.

Disagree 100% David Blaine couldn't do what Hughes did there.

Identical to about 99% of Dave Ward's turnovers :|

annoyed he didn't play any advantage for us on the second lineout penalty at the end of the half there.

Hughes only had one hand on the ball...

For some of it. So?



O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

 
Re: Wasps match thread
Jammy Git (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 17:15
Quote:
Man from LA
Quote:
Jammy Git
Quote:
Man from LA
How the TMO didn't notify the ref about Hughes forearm is beyond me. The standard of refereeing this weekend has been abysmal.

Quirk of the laws. All that was made irrelevant by Charlie Walker's foul play, eradicating what happened afterwards. That's SUPPOSED to not overrule serious foul play, but I'm not particularly keen on spending any more time watching the TMO and ref bore us to death

I get your point but the rules aren't allowed to be waived because they bore you. If it's a forearm to the head, potentially deliberate, the TMO has a duty to flag it up.

Well no the point is that Walker's foul play made everything else irrelevant, and the TMO didn't judge the arm enough of a problem to require sanction. Given that Walker didn't get carded for Gopperth landing on his head I think we should probably not complain too much.



O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

 
Re: Wasps match thread
Roaming Quin (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 17:15
What did Johnson do to upset Joe?

 
Re: Wasps match thread
QuinAlan (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 17:16
Kissed him on the cheek I think!

 
Re: Wasps match thread
euroquin (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 17:17
Stole his water pistol.

 
Re: Wasps match thread
Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 17:33
Quote:
Jammy Git
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Jammy Git
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Jammy Git
Virtually every player can support their own bodyweight at that angle. The real problem was the lack of support and the failed cleanout.

Disagree 100% David Blaine couldn't do what Hughes did there.

Identical to about 99% of Dave Ward's turnovers :|

annoyed he didn't play any advantage for us on the second lineout penalty at the end of the half there.

Hughes only had one hand on the ball...

For some of it. So?

Ward gets two hands on the ball to rip it. Hughes was basically leaning on the ball one-handed and couldn't have suspended his body weight in zero gravity.

 
Re: Wasps match thread
Bucksquin (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 17:19
We seem to be completely underpowered in the pack - just go backwards in every maul.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 
 

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?