Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Team for A-League vs Gloucs
Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 10:45
On the Offy

HARLEQUINS NAME SQUAD FOR TRIP TO GLOUCESTER UNITED

Monday, 23rd October 2017 @ 12:00

HARLEQUINS A HAVE NAMED THEIR MATCHDAY 23 TO FACE GLOUCESTER UNITED IN THE PREMIERSHIP RUGBY A LEAGUE ON MONDAY (KICK-OFF 19:30).

Charlie Mulchrone captains the side and is named at scrum-half in an experienced starting backline.

Tim Swiel starts outside Mulchrone at fly-half while Harry Sloan and Alofa Alofa form the midfield.

Ross Chisholm and Marland Yarde occupy either wing, with Aaron Morris taking residency of the number 15 shirt.

Academy members Charlie Piper, John Okafor and Dino Lamb are named in the starting pack which includes guests Nathan Thomas and Thomas Whitehurst.

Harlequins 'A' team to play Gloucester United

15. Aaron Morris
14. Marland Yarde
13. Alofa Alofa
12. Harry Sloan
11. Ross Chisholm
10. Tim Swiel
9. Charlie Mulchrone (c)

1. Mark Lambert
2. Charlie Piper
3. Josh McNulty
4. John Okafor
5. Dino Lamb
6. Nathan Thomas (Guest)
7. Elia Elia
8. Thomas Whitehurst (Guest)

16. George Head
17. Cameron Holenstein
18. Josh Ibuanokpe
19. Samir Kharbouch (Guest)
20. Dave Lewis
21. Calum Waters
22. James Lang
23. Max Coyle

Re: Team for A-League vs Gloucs
Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 10:49
A few thoughts:

Good to see some returning faces in the backs in the form of Alofa, Chisholm, Sloan, & Morris (and Yarde being allowed off the Naughty Step).

Seems we like to use Hookers in the back row, seeing how Elia2 is starting at 7.

Backrow Guests shows how bare the cupboard is. However, I thought I heard Nick Mullins in commentary yesterday say that Clifford *doesn't* need surgery and he cpould be back relatively soon.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 10:51
He said Clifford back in November, Chisholm is a week away and Bothma also back soon

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 11:48
Interesting to see Elia in the back row. When he wasn't at hooker I assumed he was being saved for Saturday! I suppose he's following in the footsteps of Ward, Tiatia... Wood?

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 11:55
He spent quite a bit of his time in the Canterbury dev squads playing back row. I know he is picked by Samoa (and us) as hooker but I'm not sure what is considered his best position. I think as a hooker he is still work in progress

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 19:22
Winning 26-7

Can follow the updates here if you care [twitter.com]

T-Bone (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 20:53
Won 36-26. Good result

NicoWilson (IP Logged)
24 October, 2017 03:50
A win on the road. Finally.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net