Citings Galore!
raedarius (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 18:26
Marler, Ward, Hughes. Also Hartley.

details

Re: Citings Galore!
Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 18:31
Great! We could have an entire front row suspended.

BB

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 18:46
Would be surprised if Marler isn’t given quite a few weeks.

Didn’t see the Ward incident.

Either way not what we need at all.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 18:34
I expect Hughes and Marler to get a ban (Hughes could cause a problem for England). Don't remember the Ward one. I think Marler could do with one TBH, take him down a peg. With the way Genge is playing, and Mako also it could be a tough lesson for Marler. There was no need for it

DOK (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 18:39
Are we winning the citings stakes yet?

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 18:41
I'm surprised Walker wasn't cited.

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 18:46
Could leave us short at Hooker if Ward cops a ban. Grays thumb looked to be playing him up after he came off and no idea if Buchanan is fit?? Might see Elia and Piper on the weekend

23 October, 2017 19:09
Quote:
HonkyTonk
Could leave us short at Hooker if Ward cops a ban. Grays thumb looked to be playing him up after he came off and no idea if Buchanan is fit?? Might see Elia and Piper on the weekend

Really not good to be down to our 5th choice hooker when our first choice isn’t even that great.

I wonder if Collier will be fit? If not then we’re scraping the barrel at prop as well.

raedarius (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 18:57
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Really not good to be down to our 5th choice hooker when our first choice isn’t even that great.

Three second choice hookers and two near unknown quantities.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 18:58
I thought Swainston done ok sunday

Lambert
Elia
Swainston

Bench
Holenstein/Boyce
Piper
Mcnulty

A bit different!!!

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 18:59
Lets hope none get injured playing for the a team tonight!!!

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 19:19
What was the Ward incident? Putting his throat in front of Hughes' arm?

blucherquin (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 19:06
Quote:
HonkyTonk

There's been no update on Buchanan since his concussion against Tigers.

SiBolton (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 19:29
Ward apparently for a headbut, and Joe for striking Wasps layer wh9 was hangin* on after clear out
Just seen the video on Friends of the Stoop page, cant see how both didnt get yellow cards

Cookie (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 19:31
Apologies for the double thread.

Times saying that Mako was going to be rested for the Autumn, so Genge a certainty.

Citings
Cookie (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 19:25
Marler cited as expected. But also Ward for 'striking with his head'.

Nathan Hughes also cited.

Re: Citings
DOK (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 19:34
The following threads have been merged into one thread:

Thread: 'Citings Galore!'
Thread: 'Citings'

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 19:49
Quote:
SiBolton
Ward apparently for a headbut, and Joe for striking Wasps layer wh9 was hangin* on after clear out
Just seen the video on Friends of the Stoop page, can�t see how both didnt get yellow cards

I thought that at the time. Joe also mentioned it to the ref, who wasn't interested...

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 19:49
Hartley cited but not Slimani. eye popping smiley

T-Bone (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 20:19
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
Hartley cited but not Slimani. eye popping smiley

Laughable

Mr_B (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 20:21
I may be looking through rose tinted glasses but I try not to, with Joe I actually thought it looked like he was punching down on the players arm that was holding him, the contact with the head was very marginal compared to the arm. Also what about the soft head butt from the wasps hooker right at half time on Joe, one of those lean in with the heads moment. Teams are targetting Marler and he really needs to get a grip, thought he sorted himself out a couple of seasons ago but back to the old Marler this season.

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 20:28
From the reverse angle it's clear Marler whacks him clean on the head, and hits the arm/shoulder after his forearms comes off the guy's head.

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

ricohchezwasp (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 20:40
I think the Marler one and Hughes one have clear pictures, more an issue of intent and previous history...... surprised that Walker wasnt cited but pictures were not very good.
As for Dave Ward I counted 3 headbutts none of which were excessive force but not that pretty, pictures inconclusive, although right in front of assistant and two players exchanged words as they walked away.

Not a Doctor and not a troll!!

Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
24 October, 2017 12:39
Quote:
As for Dave Ward I counted 3 headbutts ...

Blimey! Can't see him getting away with that!

BB

T-Bone (IP Logged)
24 October, 2017 12:46
Marler's behaviour could end up costing him dearly. I don't Jones will have cared much, if at all, about the silly spat with Haskell, but even so, he should have been on best behaviour for a while, and to put himself in a position where he faces a ban before the AIs is incredibly dim. Hopefully for him the fact he has been in great form will convince Eddie to keep faith with him, if he's not ruled out.

The Slimani think really stinks

Also, not to do with citings, but the Clermont game, is any action being taken for allowing a player to return after being knocked out? Or did he not actually lose consciousness, so the club have done nothing wrong, just the referee?

Think Hartley's citing is very harsh.

Sounds like Ward could be in trouble, but not seen any vids

24 October, 2017 13:12
Our discipline this season has been truly rubbish. That's one thing I definitely think JK has to shoulder responsibility for. The players have to start controlling their stupid behaviour right now. I'm already sick to death of it!

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
24 October, 2017 13:59
The Wasps game reminded of my playing days where you come up against a team taking cheap shots and getting away with it. After a while you end up retaliating, and invariably get punished. Not suggesting that's what happened, but seeing the penalties against us compared to what Wasps got away with unpunished, I can imagine how much that must grate.

DOK (IP Logged)
24 October, 2017 14:12
I think some of the poor discipline will be due to a feeling of frustration.

Roaming Quin (IP Logged)
24 October, 2017 14:37
I think our discipline which I include Yarde being dropped really highlights all its not well at the club. We've had highs Wasps away, losing BP to La Rochelle, Sale home and some mediocre games culminating in this humiliating loss at Wasps.

We were not right mentally and physically and our in field discipline is getting worse, not just the pens and free kicks but the lack of self discipline in defense, straying off side and leaving huge gaps and dog legs. Even big Kev looked out of sorts on Sunday.

I really hope to be reading more into this but think it does start from the top and wonder if there is enough respect from the players to the coaching and management we currently have.

24 October, 2017 15:09
Quote:
DOK
I think some of the poor discipline will be due to a feeling of frustration.

Frustration at what though?

If it's at the ref then that's pretty unprofessional, and if it's at their own poor performances then that's just daft. Either way there must be someone either on the pitch or on the sidelines who can manage that.

Cookie (IP Logged)
24 October, 2017 15:53
I re-listened to my chat with David Ellis this morning (yes, I know, I know!) and one of the things he spoke about was having more leaders on the pitch. Furthermore, he spoke about our SA psychologist making sure the younger players made themselves heard on the pitch.

Neither of these things seem to be going very well. Or if they are, they're not having an impact.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
24 October, 2017 17:47
Quote:
Cookie
I re-listened to my chat with David Ellis this morning (yes, I know, I know!) and one of the things he spoke about was having more leaders on the pitch. Furthermore, he spoke about our SA psychologist making sure the younger players made themselves heard on the pitch.
Neither of these things seem to be going very well. Or if they are, they're not having an impact.

I'd say Horwill is a good leader, Ward has been showing well and Marcus Smith is definitely making himself heard! Robshaw is... well, Robshaw. Marler has gone from hero to villain, but whereas in some games he can get away with it Sunday was not one of those games. Brown didn't have his best game and Roberts seemed fairly quiet. When those guys are all firing they seem to drag the team forward.

Quote:
Roaming Quin
wonder if there is enough respect from the players to the coaching and management we currently have.

The one thing that I would say rules this out is the number of players who have re-signed with the club. Players who could easily get a contract elsewhere and who have most likely been approached. Yet they stay at Quins. Why would they do that?

Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 00:10
Quote:
Jammy Git
I'm surprised Walker wasn't cited.

According to the EPCR website he got a Citing Commissioner warning for the tackle on Gopperth - equivalent to a yellow card in the game.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

25 October, 2017 00:13
Quote:
SiBolton
Just seen the video on Friends of the Stoop page, cant see how both didnt get yellow cards

Ward is alleged to have headbutted Thomas Young.

EPCR website also reports that Rowlands (the Wasps player who was holding Marler's leg) received a Citing Commissioner warning for that - equivalent to a yellow in the game.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/10/2017 00:31 by Brummagem Bertie.

25 October, 2017 00:22
Quote:
T-Bone
Also, not to do with citings, but the Clermont game, is any action being taken for allowing a player to return after being knocked out? Or did he not actually lose consciousness, so the club have done nothing wrong, just the referee?

EPCR website states that the decision to allow Parra to return to play has been subject to independent review by two separate doctors, who both concluded that the incident was handled correctly and the player passed a HIA, so was eligible to return.

Personally, I think that that is a whitewash. I've looked at the HIA protocol and the World Rugby procedure states that a HIA assessment should not be carried out where one of 11 exclusion events occurs. Two of these are loss of consciousness or suspected loss of consciousness. An exclusion event may be called by a match official, a member of the medical staff or the match doctor on review.

If an exclusion event occurs the player is automatically excluded from the rest of the game, without the need for a HIA.

The ref said that he was unconscious, so Parra should not have been subject to a HIA but immediately substituted, which is what Paul Grayson said in the BT studio at half-time, on the tv coverage.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 07:19
Quote:
Brummagem Bertie
Quote:
T-Bone

EPCR website states that the decision to allow Parra to return to play has been subject to independent review by two separate doctors, who both concluded that the incident was handled correctly and the player passed a HIA, so was eligible to return.

Personally, I think that that is a whitewash. I've looked at the HIA protocol and the World Rugby procedure states that a HIA assessment should not be carried out where one of 11 exclusion events occurs. Two of these are loss of consciousness or suspected loss of consciousness. An exclusion event may be called by a match official, a member of the medical staff or the match doctor on review.

If an exclusion event occurs the player is automatically excluded from the rest of the game, without the need for a HIA.

The ref said that he was unconscious, so Parra should not have been subject to a HIA but immediately substituted, which is what Paul Grayson said in the BT studio at half-time, on the tv coverage.

Exactly right. The sport is going to be in serious trouble if these kind of dubious cases keep happening around concussions.

25 October, 2017 08:54
Quote:
Quinky Kin

The one thing that I would say rules this out is the number of players who have re-signed with the club. Players who could easily get a contract elsewhere and who have most likely been approached. Yet they stay at Quins. Why would they do that?

I think there's at least an equal chance that players are re-signing with the club out of convenience and for a bit of an easier life.

For the England internationals in particular there's no reason for them to leave whilst they're still getting picked, particularly when basically their mates are in charge.

I'd also speculate that they're on fairly decent money. Considering we apparently spend to the salary cap yet bring in relatively low-rent signings, that money must be going somewhere.

All just speculation of course, but it's certainly not a cast-iron fact (which you are so fond of) that they are re-signing because of their huge respect for JK.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 08:59
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
Brummagem Bertie
Quote:
T-Bone

Exactly right. The sport is going to be in serious trouble if these kind of dubious cases keep happening around concussions.

Complete whitewash. That ref really did have a shocker but not his fault there has been yet another concussion whitewash. You'd think these administrators might have a quick look at the lawsuits in the NFL and take these issues a bit more seriously. Do they think that just because they have protocols in place they are immune from future litigation and that the very existence of the protocols will ensure players' long term safety / health. If you have protocols which are breached and just ignore that and push it all under the carpet then eventually someone will come a cropper, either during playing career or later in life, and sue the ar3e off those who didn't bother to enforce the rules properly.

Kent Fan (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 09:26
Does anyone know what is happening with Jamie Cudmore taking legal action for Clermont playing him when he was concussed?

It was mentioned a couple of times last season when he was a guest at BT matches.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 09:32
Anyone have a link to ward's headbutt(s)?

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 10:24
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Quote:
Quinky Kin

I think there's at least an equal chance that players are re-signing with the club out of convenience and for a bit of an easier life.

For the England internationals in particular there's no reason for them to leave whilst they're still getting picked, particularly when basically their mates are in charge.

I'd also speculate that they're on fairly decent money. Considering we apparently spend to the salary cap yet bring in relatively low-rent signings, that money must be going somewhere.

All just speculation of course, but it's certainly not a cast-iron fact (which you are so fond of) that they are re-signing because of their huge respect for JK.

I realise that you seem to love having a stick to beat the club with, but this sounds to me like a huge pile of ****

Playing in a poor team is likely to make it difficult for an individual to shine. For the internationals that makes it harder to impress the international coaches.

For other players with a very short career they will be looking to maximise earnings. They don't earn footballer wages and nearly all of them will need to get a "proper" job after their career ends, which as you can see with the likes of George Lowe, JTH, Ollie Smith, can be after a very short career. Add to that that most players say their dream is to play for their country.

To suggest that players stay at a club for an easy life is disingenuous at best. It also makes you sound like a bitter person looking for any opportunity to criticise the club. There are many reasons to do that, but this isn't one of them.

25 October, 2017 10:35
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Quote:
Quinky Kin

I realise that you seem to love having a stick to beat the club with, but this sounds to me like a huge pile of ****

Playing in a poor team is likely to make it difficult for an individual to shine. For the internationals that makes it harder to impress the international coaches.

For other players with a very short career they will be looking to maximise earnings. They don't earn footballer wages and nearly all of them will need to get a "proper" job after their career ends, which as you can see with the likes of George Lowe, JTH, Ollie Smith, can be after a very short career. Add to that that most players say their dream is to play for their country.

To suggest that players stay at a club for an easy life is disingenuous at best. It also makes you sound like a bitter person looking for any opportunity to criticise the club. There are many reasons to do that, but this isn't one of them.

To start with I love the club and am certainly not guilty of looking for any stick to beat the club with. You just like to tell yourself that as it helps your 'arguing' position (and I've noticed you do it to lots of posters who say anything negative about the club).

You've also basically agreed with me in a roundabout way. I agree that players need to focus on maximising their earnings, but we all know that they also want to play for their country. For English players this means not taking the highest wages (France) but seeking the highest wages possible within their country. For our England internationals, I doubt there is anywhere they could get more money than at Quins, and as I said (and as you ignored) it seems fairly clear they're on a big wedge with us when you consider our apparent lack of spending elsewhere.

So yeah. That's at least as likely a reason for staying as anything to do with the coaching staff. And on top of that, as I said, the club is basically run top down from people who've been there for the best part of 10 years and all know each other. So I suspect it's pretty comfortable for a lot of the players and another reason why they wouldn't want to leave.

It's that level of comfort that I think causes part of our malaise.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 11:08
I see the telegraph has Roberts on 380k. I can see a good reason why a player might settle for staying at quins.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 11:22
Quote:
RodneyRegis
I see the telegraph has Roberts on 380k. I can see a good reason why a player might settle for staying at quins.

Strange... I thought there was more than one player at Quins.

Raggs (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 12:21
Quote:
RodneyRegis

[www.youtube.com]

First was just a ruck, 2nd looks a bit worse, 3rd looks like it could be the worst, but would need to see from the first angle. Since it's been cited I can't see him not getting a ban.

Man from LA (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 12:26
The citing for Hughes shows the TMO should have notified the ref of violent foul play. The fact that BT kept showing the Walker tip-tackle repeatedly and not so much Hughes forearm smash didn't help but the TMO should still see these things as I (and many others) saw it in real time.

ACQuins (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 12:41
Quote:
Man from LA
The citing for Hughes shows the TMO should have notified the ref of violent foul play. The fact that BT kept showing the Walker tip-tackle repeatedly and not so much Hughes forearm smash didn't help but the TMO should still see these things as I (and many others) saw it in real time.

Agreed, I couldn't believe that not more of it was made at the time. I was watching it on mute, so when the first replay showed the clip in full including the forearm smash on Smith (which was as clear as day) I was convinced that there was going to be some sanction for it, but thereafter it was clipped to just show the tip tackle.

The chaps on the 5 live podcast reckon that Hughes will get the worst sanction of all the citings. If that's the case, Clifford will really be ruing his luck.

MrOther (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 12:52
Quote:
T-Bone
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
Brummagem Bertie
Quote:
T-Bone

Complete whitewash. That ref really did have a shocker but not his fault there has been yet another concussion whitewash. You'd think these administrators might have a quick look at the lawsuits in the NFL and take these issues a bit more seriously. Do they think that just because they have protocols in place they are immune from future litigation and that the very existence of the protocols will ensure players' long term safety / health. If you have protocols which are breached and just ignore that and push it all under the carpet then eventually someone will come a cropper, either during playing career or later in life, and sue the ar3e off those who didn't bother to enforce the rules properly.

Well said, T-Bone

25 October, 2017 13:03
Quote:
RodneyRegis

Has he signed another contract then?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/10/2017 13:05 by Quinten Poulsen.

25 October, 2017 13:06
Hartley's been cleared apparently. thumbs down

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 13:41
Quote:
Raggs
Quote:
RodneyRegis

[www.youtube.com]

First was just a ruck, 2nd looks a bit worse, 3rd looks like it could be the worst, but would need to see from the first angle. Since it's been cited I can't see him not getting a ban.

If all three were in the same ruck, they don't look too horrific to me. His head is downwards, and any headbutt with the top of the head usually does more damage to the person doing it!

T-Bone (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 15:04
Quote:
ACQuins
Quote:
Man from LA

Agreed, I couldn't believe that not more of it was made at the time. I was watching it on mute, so when the first replay showed the clip in full including the forearm smash on Smith (which was as clear as day) I was convinced that there was going to be some sanction for it, but thereafter it was clipped to just show the tip tackle.

The chaps on the 5 live podcast reckon that Hughes will get the worst sanction of all the citings. If that's the case, Clifford will really be ruing his luck.

Yes, but BT currently have a massive love-in for Hughes, and tend to pass off any dangerous (I'm not saying dirty or malicious, just dangerous) play as good, hard but fair, physical stuff. When he hands off with a forearm to the face/neck, it is passed off as just a good carry.

Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 15:04
Certainly not my idea of a head butt, clearing out in a ruck leading with your head is more likely to damage Ward.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 15:06
Quote:
T-Bone
Quote:
ACQuins
Quote:
Man from LA

Yes, but BT currently have a massive love-in for Hughes, and tend to pass off any dangerous (I'm not saying dirty or malicious, just dangerous) play as good, hard but fair, physical stuff. When he hands off with a forearm to the face/neck, it is passed off as just a good carry.

I think they tried to say he handed off Ward by pushing his chest... ignoring the large hand that almost engulfed poor Dave's throat.

25 October, 2017 15:10
Quote:
Bedfordshire Boy
Certainly not my idea of a head butt, clearing out in a ruck leading with your head is more likely to damage Ward.

I'll be a bit dismayed if that cops a ban. I can't believe it was cited.

akb1 (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 15:45
3 week rest for Ward

25 October, 2017 15:57
Baffling

T-Bone (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 15:57
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
T-Bone
Quote:
ACQuins
Quote:
Man from LA

I think they tried to say he handed off Ward by pushing his chest... ignoring the large hand that almost engulfed poor Dave's throat.

I was referring to a forearm handoff against someone else a couple of weeks ago, not something from the Quins game, but I'd imagine he's dine it a few times

ricohchezwasp (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 16:11
They were so busy on there love in they forgot to concentrate on the Dave Ward neck roll as highlighted rather clearly in the telegraph picture.

Not a Doctor and not a troll!!

25 October, 2017 16:24
Quote:
akb1
3 week rest for Ward

That can't have been the relevant incident posted above in the YouTube clip.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 16:35
So there is the potential this weekend for our pack to be

Lambert
Elia
Swainston
Horwill
Matthews
Glynn
Robshaw
Luamanu

Bench
Holenstien
Piper
Mcnultty
Lamb
???

Marker, Sink, Ward banned
Wallace, Chisholm, Buchanan, Gray, Merrick, Clifford, Bothma injured

I am going guess South and White are injured as they have not featured for the first or a team recently (And I would put both ahead of Lamb). Of course there is a chance a couple may be back but bare bones !!!!!

MrOther (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 16:47
So, we've got an entire front row on suspension, but there's surely no systemic problem that could possibly be laid at the door of the management or the Director of Rugby.

How many anecdotes are necessary before you have a statistic?

25 October, 2017 17:00
FOLLOWING TODAYS INDEPENDENT DISCIPLINARY COMMITTEE HEARING IN LONDON, HARLEQUINS FORWARDS DAVE WARD AND JOE MARLER HAVE EACH RECEIVED A THREE-WEEK BAN, AFTER THE CHAMPIONS CUP MATCH AGAINST WASPS AT THE RICOH ARENA ON SUNDAY, 22 OCTOBER 2017.

In response to the sanctions Harlequins Director of Rugby John Kingston commented:

Dave Ward and Joe Marler are key players for us, so losing either of them for any amount of time is a blow.

"While there were mitigating factors, players cant take the law into their own hands and Joe accepts that.

"I am quite frankly disappointed in the outcome of the hearing in regard to Dave, as I have no doubt in my mind that there was absolutely no intent on his part. Of course, we accept the Committees decision and respect the disciplinary process and procedures.

We as a squad are 100% focused on preparing for Saturdays encounter with Worcester Warriors, as we have been all week.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 17:27
Quote:
MrOther
So, we've got an entire front row on suspension, but there's surely no systemic problem that could possibly be laid at the door of the management or the Director of Rugby.
How many anecdotes are necessary before you have a statistic?

There should also be cause and effect.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 17:27
Any news on Hughes? Or did he receive a hearty pat on the back...

ukms (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 18:27
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Any news on Hughes? Or did he receive a hearty pat on the back...

2 weeks apparently...... Im sure that wont be good enough for you guys winking smiley

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 18:43
2 weeks for Hughes, 3 for Ward...

Marler misses first 2 AIs. Hughes has a nice rest before they start.

Pathetic.

akb1 (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 19:02
So Ward gets 3 weeks and is free to play from Mon 13th Nov
Marler gets 3 weeks but is banned until 19th Nov
In deciding that Marler is suspended until midnight on Sunday, 19 November, the panel took into account the player's likely playing commitments in the coming weeks
So in effect he has been given 4 weeks!
Hughes gets 2 weeks and is free to play Mon 6th Nov.

That's doesn't seem right to me.

To clarify my point, the panel decided that Joe wouldn't be playing 5th Nov, but assumed Hughes would be playing that weekend.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 25/10/2017 19:09 by akb1.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 19:03
Quote:
RodneyRegis
2 weeks for Hughes, 3 for Ward...
Marler misses first 2 AIs. Hughes has a nice rest before they start.

Pathetic.

Yep, that's one way of putting it. Not sure I'd be so gentle with my description.

Joe gets 3 weeks for a glancing blow on a player that's holding him illegally and off the ball.

Hughes gets 2 weeks for a blatant strike to the head.

I guess Joe's lucky he didn't flick water as well.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 19:05
I take it all back from my earlier posts that I thought Hughes wouldn't get cited. I was wrong. I should have had faith in the citing committee.

From now on I'll trust them to do the right thing and treat everyone equally. Oh, hang on...

ukms (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 19:13
Quote:
Quinky Kin

I know we all view things through one eye ...... but have you seen the HD footage that the panel had available or just a grainy clip from Twitter ?

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 19:21
Quote:
ukms
Quote:
Quinky Kin

I know we all view things through one eye ...... but have you seen the HD footage that the panel had available or just a grainy clip from Twitter ?

Which part do you think I got wrong?

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 19:24
Evidently, you were looking through the wrong eye...

ukms (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 19:58
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
ukms
Quote:
Quinky Kin

Which part do you think I got wrong?

Did I say you had anything wrong ? ..... sometimes context and how/why things happen is relevant which good quality footage would provide rather than making your assessment from a grainy clip.

What part do you think the panel have got wrong ? ..... why is 2 weeks wrong ? Why not wait until you read the findings before rubbishing it ....

25 October, 2017 20:33
It will be interesting to see if he was banned for something other than a swinging arm cheap shot to the head from behind. I'm not complaining about the length of the ban though - I want him to play for England.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net