rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Roberts
Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
24 October, 2017 10:00
has been left out of the Wales squad for the AIs.

Re: Roberts
Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
24 October, 2017 10:03
And Scotland have omitted Visser from their squad just announced too.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
24 October, 2017 10:05
Thank god for that. Sorry for them both but delighted for us, expected Roberts to no longer be in consideration given Wales need to build towards Japan and poor old Viss just hasn't had any game time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/10/2017 10:05 by blucherquin.

Stooperman (IP Logged)
24 October, 2017 10:16
I think Sloane played in the A league game didn't he? so with Roberts & Sloane we should have options at 12 until Saili comes back - I'd expect him out for at least a 3 or 4 weeks, it was a horrific concussion.

I;d rather they make sure Saili is absolutely OK before he comes back.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
24 October, 2017 12:46
Harsh on Visser

Adi Nako (IP Logged)
24 October, 2017 12:59
Good news

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
24 October, 2017 18:21
Sure, we're better off with than without, but I wouldn't call it good news. Not so much Roberts, he's had a pretty illustrious international career, and he's probably not good enough any more, but visser will be gutted, and id rather our players were rewarded with international honours than not.

Adi Nako (IP Logged)
24 October, 2017 18:36
Fair eno7gh.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 09:02
Quote:
RodneyRegis
Sure, we're better off with than without, but I wouldn't call it good news. Not so much Roberts, he's had a pretty illustrious international career, and he's probably not good enough any more, but visser will be gutted, and id rather our players were rewarded with international honours than not.

Exactly. If Visser feels he needs to move to boost his Scotland chances, that's not good news.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 09:28
On Visser, he's been left out for McGuigan from Sale -- who is having a storming season.

I'm not sure moving teams is going to change his chances.

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 10:00
Quote:
blucherquin
On Visser, he's been left out for McGuigan from Sale -- who is having a storming season.

I suppose it depends on the reasons he wasn't playing earlier in the season. If he wasn't playing due to a falling out with the coaches (as has been suggested) then he'll start to blame that for his dropping from the Scotland squad.

But if he was just not ready to play, and feels he will be able to permanently break back into the Quins side, then no reason that he can't achieve what he wants with us.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 10:25
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Quote:
blucherquin

I suppose it depends on the reasons he wasn't playing earlier in the season. If he wasn't playing due to a falling out with the coaches (as has been suggested) then he'll start to blame that for his dropping from the Scotland squad.

It was also suggested that Walker was playing too well to be dropped.

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 10:41
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Quote:
blucherquin

It was also suggested that Walker was playing too well to be dropped.

Which was certainly true at the time.

But the point is that if he's genuinely had a falling out (and that is a big 'if') then he may assume that his lack of selection is about that rather than his performances. If that then leads to him being dropped for his country it could lead to him being fairly narked.

But either way it's very disappointing that we currently have two international wingers and are not really seeing the best from either of them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net