rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Injury Cover
Cookie (IP Logged)
24 October, 2017 10:41
Wasps proving it was easy enough to sign cover as Fissler says they're getting in Nizaam Carr from the Stormers on a short term deal. He's an SA international.

Where there's a will, there's a way........

Re: Injury Cover
Cookie (IP Logged)
24 October, 2017 10:46
Seems that teams being eliminated from the Currie Cup is freeing up potential players.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
24 October, 2017 19:33
Where there's a bottomless pit of cash, there's a way...

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
24 October, 2017 19:43
Western Province are still in the Currie Cup (although the final is this weekend I think so they will all be available soon). Are we not expecting all 3 of Bothma, Clifford and Chisholm back in the next few weeks anyway (and two of those weeks are LV weekends).

Stooperman (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 07:21
Quote:
HonkyTonk
Western Province are still in the Currie Cup (although the final is this weekend I think so they will all be available soon). Are we not expecting all 3 of Bothma, Clifford and Chisholm back in the next few weeks anyway (and two of those weeks are LV weekends).

Aren't all of those players primarily 8's who can play 6 if necessary? Our work at the breakdown was a large part of what killed us against Wasps, & much as I am a fan of his attitude, I don't see Wardy as the long term solution at 7.

Anyone got any updates on Wallace?

blucherquin (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 08:23
Quote:
HonkyTonk

Bothma last update from club was "mid November"

Clifford -- can't actually find an official update, but somehow I have in my head that we heard he didn't need surgery??

Chisholm -- we were told "about two weeks" away more than a month ago. Then someone here said he'd told them personally it was two weeks about two weeks ago -- but nothing yet.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 08:35
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
HonkyTonk

Clifford -- can't actually find an official update, but somehow I have in my head that we heard he didn't need surgery??

Chisholm -- we were told "about two weeks" away more than a month ago. Then someone here said he'd told them personally it was two weeks about two weeks ago -- but nothing yet.

Unless Chisholm is back in training, which he might well be, I don't see how they can put a timescale on his return. The two weeks line might be because he hasn't done proper pre-season, not up to speed, etc. But if it's two weeks until he hopes to be symptom free, then it could be any time. Here's hoping it's the former.

I find out refusal to bring in injury cover bizarre really. Then again, we sometimes get in some very average players on injury cover and then offer them a contract, so at least it saves us doing that

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 10:07
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
HonkyTonk

That came from Nick Mullins' commentary of Sunday's game, and he is also predicted a November return, IIRC

Roaming Quin (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 10:09
Bothma played a lot at 7, could be the key?

blucherquin (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 11:08
Quote:
Fearless Fred
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
HonkyTonk

That came from Nick Mullins' commentary of Sunday's game, and he is also predicted a November return, IIRC

Phew, at least I'm not imagining injury updates on Quins players, my life isn't that dull despite my being someone who posts on here...

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 14:53
Quote:
Roaming Quin

At openside or with a 7 on his shirt? In SA the 7 is the blindside usually

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

RleQuin (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 15:40
Didn't Fissler get a slating from Newcastle FC fans recently when he wrote an article on the club?
RleQ

Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 20:16
Quote:
Jammy Git
Quote:
Roaming Quin

At openside or with a 7 on his shirt? In SA the 7 is the blindside usually

That's interesting - I wasn't aware of that! Mind you, I'm not very observant.

BB

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net