rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Quinssa AGM & Q&A with Minty
SiBolton (IP Logged)
24 October, 2017 13:20
Quinssa AGM tonight, should be interesting to hear Minty talk about our defence and the season so far
Many going?

Re: Quinssa AGM & Q&A with Minty
ChipsteadQuin (IP Logged)
24 October, 2017 13:38
see you there Si ..

blucherquin (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 08:09
Anyone go to this and can tell us what was said? Given how Minty seems to love people having opinions about the club, how did he react to people thinking our defence is utterly woeful?

ChipsteadQuin (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 10:16
He was very frank about things and accepted that last weekend was a meltdown . He said that in his opinion the reason that we had failed against Irish was because they had been overtrained and in hindsight he would do it differently .

In other games he felt the defence had worked well in particular against Rochelle and Leicester even though we had lost and expanded on that and the reasons where tries were conceded and the training drills and techniques that are being used to form a more solid but reactive defence.

He answered on many and varied subjects and was straightforward on all as you might expect .

Interesting hour with a guy that clearly cares about Quins .

Good night well organised by Quinnsa with about 50 in attendance , more should make the effort . it was announced there are currently 1400 paid up Members .

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 10:47
Quote:
ChipsteadQuin
He was very frank about things and accepted that last weekend was a meltdown . He said that in his opinion the reason that we had failed against Irish was because they had been overtrained and in hindsight he would do it differently .
In other games he felt the defence had worked well in particular against Rochelle and Leicester even though we had lost and expanded on that and the reasons where tries were conceded and the training drills and techniques that are being used to form a more solid but reactive defence.

He answered on many and varied subjects and was straightforward on all as you might expect .

Good night well organised by Quinnsa with about 50 in attendance , more should make the effort . it was announced there are currently 1400 paid up Members .

Glad to hear that he was addressing questions fairly directly. Wouldn't expect anything less from Minty to be fair.

It is a bit concerning that he thinks we defended well against Leicester and La Rochelle though. I think both of those games were there for the taking but for our poor defence (well not exclusively but it was certainly a large part of it).

Mind you I haven't heard his full explanation so I'm assuming he backed up that assertion.

Wish I could have been there. Work to Twickenham and then back to Purley is a bit of a stretch on a Tuesday night though.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 11:04
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Quote:
ChipsteadQuin

Glad to hear that he was addressing questions fairly directly. Wouldn't expect anything less from Minty to be fair.

It is a bit concerning that he thinks we defended well against Leicester and La Rochelle though. I think both of those games were there for the taking but for our poor defence (well not exclusively but it was certainly a large part of it).

Mind you I haven't heard his full explanation so I'm assuming he backed up that assertion.

Wish I could have been there. Work to Twickenham and then back to Purley is a bit of a stretch on a Tuesday night though.

Getting to matches and then also vanishing mid-week isn't really an option.

Anyway, I assumed he'd be frank -- but can't agree we've been ok, we've shipped more points than ever...

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 11:04
My thoughts exactly. We've had a couple of lengthy threads about the 3 abject tries we leaked against LR!

Uncle Arthur (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 11:08
Agree with what ChipsteadQuin had written. Evening started with the AGM and finished with "minty" being very open and down to earth. Started by discussing the Stoop setup when he arrived, how they once used the college as the changing room, making several walks back and forward. Talked about his South London accent vs Will Greenwoods “posh accent”. Admitted and took the blame for some failures but was very positive for the Premiership moving forward. Shame about the many empty seats but can understand getting to the Stoop for 19:30 can be a problem for most. Absolutely lovely evening with bar open at reasonable prices. Thank you to the Harlequins and Quinssa staff present, who are always professional and pleasant, for putting that together. Will be back as usually for the next AGM. Thank you Chris Munton for your constant wit and colourful presence.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 11:29
Sounds like a good evening. Again, I would like to make some more of the Quinssa events but is always a struggle to get there midweek. Well done to all involved in putting it on.

Good of Nick to take the time to attend and take questions, which can't be a fun thing to do so soon after such a poor performance.

Without particularly wishing to disagree with him, as I wasn't there so don't know exactly what he said, I don't see how the loss against Irish can be blamed on over coaching. Were we coached to give loads of penalties away for the same offence? Was Mat coached to flap the ball backwards to gift them the bonus point and cost us our own LBP? Sounds like a fairly poor excuse to me.

Also not convinced our defence was good against La Rochelle. I suppose we conceded fewer than Ulster did, and I know they are a very strong side, but we still conceded some weak tries which ultimately cost us the win.

Given we've conceded an average of 29 points per game I believe, or something similar, I'm not sure our defence should be described as generally encouraging.

Uncle Arthur (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 11:30
We should start a 'speech bubble' competition for this picture last night ..

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DM7j4grWsAAywJC.jpg:large

NicoWilson (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 12:16
Quote:
Uncle Arthur

I refer my friend to my left to the answer that I gave earlier.

gregory p (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 12:37
"....and this year's Keyboard Warrior magazine's award for cyber psycho of the year goes to....."

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 12:39
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Quote:
ChipsteadQuin

Anyway, I assumed he'd be frank -- but can't agree we've been ok, we've shipped more points than ever...

?

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 13:52
Quote:
Uncle Arthur

Minty on the defensive.

Illegitimi non carborundum

GP2110 (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 14:50
Quote:
Uncle Arthur

"Our defence strategy is shown on the presentation behind me"

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 15:05
Quote:
Uncle Arthur

Have you farted?

gregory p (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 16:35
Quote:
GP2110
Quote:
Uncle Arthur

Wonderful!

QuinAlan (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 17:59
Really miss these evenings. Used to go regularly but now live 80 miles away & thats impossible after a 12 hour day. Shame to see so few people there, but a lot of us live a long way from the Stoop.

SiBolton (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 20:50
It was a good evening, thought Minty made some very good points
Also interesting to hear that the away coached get very little interest these days, maybe that’s down to expectations
And also mentioned re Quinssa raising ( might not have the correct figure) over £17k for the academy and that has to be praised
I’m lucky I 9nly Live 20miles Away so could make it,and enjoyed the evening

blucherquin (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 21:17
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Quote:
ChipsteadQuin

?

If you’ve got a wife and kids you’ll understand

Uncle Arthur (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 21:37
-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 26/10/2017 04:00 by Uncle Arthur.

Bucksquin (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 17:59
Quote:
gregory p
Quote:
GP2110
Quote:
Uncle Arthur

Wonderful!

Fantastic!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net