Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: And, in other news...
Scaramouche (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 21:48
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
Quote:
Mayor West
If you don't care for something why be so disparaging about it. Just because YOU don't like it why can't somebody else? Unless of course you are actually a load of old dinosaurs. I enjoy the women's games, particularly the World Cup. I don't care much for cricket, tennis, darts, snooker, and many other sport but I don't feel the need to tell other people who do greatly enjoy these that they are watching something not worthy of their time.

I'm not sure anyone has done what you suggest.

There are a few people on here who seem to think that not being interested in women's rugby is something negative.

I think marking the women's stuff as OT is a fair suggestion, I'd say the same for Quins amateurs and Quins minis (if such a thing exists) as well.

I disagree. You don't have to be interested in women's rugby if you don't want to be but they are part of our Club and deserve not to be treated otherwise. Why mark it OT? Its about rugby, about our Club and is fostering a wider audience which is what its all about, surely?

Illegitimi non carborundum

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 22:25
Because people who aren't interested don't want to read it. Perhaps those who really are interested could have a more productive discussion if the thread didn't immediately get drowned in tiresome debates about the worthiness of women's rugby, and accusations of virtue signaling.

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 00:53
Rodney - youíre making a point for the sake of making a point - you donít need to read it. However, marking as a ladiesí/womanís post would take the ambiguity away and people can chose to read or not.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 08:15
Are people really so precious that they've read a post that doesn't interest them, so they throw their toys out of the pram? You don't have to read the whole thread. If the few seconds that you've lost really matter so much, are you sure you have time to be on an Internet forum?

Robertquin (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 08:06
I was most shocked to read that there are people who don't care for cricket.

DOK (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 10:26
I can see you might mark "Fantastic game by Harlequins" with a W/T or whatever.

I see no such requirement if it says "Fantastic game by Harlequins Ladies"

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 10:57
Or Harlequins Men.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 11:43
If I open a thread and it's not of interest, I close the thread. It usually takes seconds to decide if it's of interest.

That means I've wasted, maybe 20 seconds? Of course I could rant and rave for ages on the forum about how my 20 seconds were wasted, but that would be a little counter-productive, if my assertion is that my time is precious. Or I could just decide that (like the word association thread) it doesn't interest me so I won't open it again.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 12:43
That is not a word association thread my friend, its phsychometric testing...

Mayor West (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 12:54
In conclusion then, we are agreed that the women's team threads be titled as such to avoid confusion with the men's. This can then be ignored by those to whom this is of no interest so they don't have to moan about it or be derogatory.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 14:07
Quote:
Robertquin

Well, that's unacceptable.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 14:20
Quote:
Robertquin

I've heard that there is also women's cricket. How boring can that be?! (Sm119)

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 14:23
Quote:
DOK
I can see you might mark "Fantastic game by Harlequins" with a W/T or whatever.
I see no such requirement if it says "Fantastic game by Harlequins Ladies"

Perfect.

Bucksquin (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 17:05
Could we not simply invite those who are interested in women's rugby to start a separate board? I'm sure both of them would be able to agree on the detail.

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 18:28
Quote:
Scaramouche
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
Quote:
Mayor West
If you don't care for something why be so disparaging about it. Just because YOU don't like it why can't somebody else? Unless of course you are actually a load of old dinosaurs. I enjoy the women's games, particularly the World Cup. I don't care much for cricket, tennis, darts, snooker, and many other sport but I don't feel the need to tell other people who do greatly enjoy these that they are watching something not worthy of their time.

There are a few people on here who seem to think that not being interested in women's rugby is something negative.

I think marking the women's stuff as OT is a fair suggestion, I'd say the same for Quins amateurs and Quins minis (if such a thing exists) as well.

I disagree. You don't have to be interested in women's rugby if you don't want to be but they are part of our Club and deserve not to be treated otherwise. Why mark it OT? Its about rugby, about our Club and is fostering a wider audience which is what its all about, surely?

Okay, how about marking them WR instead of OT?

If I was going to post an article on Melbourne Harlequins I would ensure that the thread title indicated it wasn't about the club I follow.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 12:54
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
Quote:
Scaramouche
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
Quote:
Mayor West

Okay, how about marking them WR instead of OT?

If I was going to post an article on Melbourne Harlequins I would ensure that the thread title indicated it wasn't about the club I follow.

Bizarre. In what way is Harlequins Ladies not about the Club you follow?

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 13:33
My most humble apologies, I should have said team. I would have thought you could have worked that out.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 13:39
Ah, but if the tables were turned, eh...?

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 13:45
Here we go again...

Boonie (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 13:50
This is hilarious...never seen so many people arguing the toss about something so trivial!

Don't like it - don't read it. Mark it WR or Quins Ladies or whatever to help those so apparently time-poor that they will lose vital seconds of their life by clicking one link, then clicking back again.

Like it or not, Harlequins Ladies are part of Harlequins. Not for 150 years, true, but they are now. Not sure I would pay to watch a match, but I am happy to see a team wearing the quarters enjoying some real success. Long may it continue.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to bleat about it all over the internet"

DOK (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 14:08
I discovered Saturday that the ladies team was first formed under Dick Best's time as manager.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 14:53
The current Harlequins Women team were formed as a merger from the existing Harlequins Ladies team and Aylesford Bulls. As a result of the increased player pool we now have a 1st/2nd and 3rd team.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 01:03
Thats better thank you! Reasoned acceptance of the fact that anything but the 1st XV could actually be worthy of our passing attention.

The Harlequins Ladies used to spend time coaching the girls at Haslemere RFC a few years back which is where I first encountered them. On a volunteer basis obviously. Top people.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 15:37
I've watched women's sevens and seen some brilliant games. That is my serious comment.

But... The women's games are always late starting. It's because the teams run out and players start pointing and saying "oh no, she's wearing the same outfit as me, I'll have to change!"

Apologies scabby, it had to be done smiling smiley

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 16:18
Quote:
Quinky Kin
I've watched women's sevens and seen some brilliant games. That is my serious comment.
But... The women's games are always late starting. It's because the teams run out and players start pointing and saying "oh no, she's wearing the same outfit as me, I'll have to change!"

Apologies scabby, it had to be done smiling smiley

#p-rick

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net