And, in other news...
Scaramouche (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 16:04
[quins-comms.co.uk]

Illegitimi non carborundum

Re: And, in other news...
GP2110 (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 16:27
i'm rapidly forming the view that the women's team should be in a separate section of the board or at least marked OT...

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 18:47
Yup

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 19:02
Tyrodneyasaurus Rex...

The Dead Baron (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 19:34
To be fair, he's got a point. I'm pleased that the club has a women's team but if we're going to be really honest with ourselves I'd say the majority come on to CAW to discuss matters concerning the First XV and the professional men's game. I know that's not a very "right on" attitude, but I think it's the truth. Placing threads regarding the women's team in a separate section or marking them OT, or maybe WT, would make things a lot easier to navigate round here.

Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 20:59
Quote:
The Dead Baron
To be fair, he's got a point. I'm pleased that the club has a women's team but if we're going to be really honest with ourselves I'd say the majority come on to CAW to discuss matters concerning the First XV and the professional men's game. I know that's not a very "right on" attitude, but I think it's the truth. Placing threads regarding the women's team in a separate section or marking them OT, or maybe WT, would make things a lot easier to navigate round here.

Absolutely.

BB

blucherquin (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 21:14
Erm. Sure. Or maybe they need a separate page because they’re a high performing team who play for each other.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 21:39
Harlequins have a 150 year history - these are a team from Bradford or suchlike who've been wearing the kit for a season.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 22:47
Aylesford bulls rodders. Got the Ford and bulls rights though

Perhaps instead of OT or WT it could be VS

blucherquin (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 07:43
Quote:
RodneyRegis
Harlequins have a 150 year history - these are a team from Bradford or suchlike who've been wearing the kit for a season.

I am enjoying your continuous rubbishing of the women's game and the Quins team.

As a student of comedy I'm impressed with your post-modern Arf Garnet meta-humour where you're deliberately saying the sort of things that misogynists say to point out how ludicrous it is to still hold those views,

Very clever.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 07:54
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
RodneyRegis

I am enjoying your continuous rubbishing of the women's game and the Quins team.

As a student of comedy I'm impressed with your post-modern Arf Garnet meta-humour where you're deliberately saying the sort of things that misogynists say to point out how ludicrous it is to still hold those views,

Very clever. (VS)

You're right, it's misogynistic to point out that Quins ladies are really Aylesford Bulls wearing Quins tops.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 09:08
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
RodneyRegis

Very clever.

Who is Arf Garnet and why is it misogynistic to point out that Harlequins Women's team have very little to link them to the men's team, in the same way that Harlequins RL had nothing to do with the union team?

Which view has Rodders expressed that it ludicrous?

Cookie (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 09:15
Nobody is rubbishing women's rugby that I can see. But I agree that posts should at least be labelled as being about the ladies team as I am also in the camp of having little to no interest. Doesn't make me a bad person and I have no issue with everything we are doing for womens' rugby, but it just doesn't interest me.

Stooperman (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 09:22
I'd really like the club to do something about the display of the fixture list as well. I know we can filter by competition, but there is no way of showing Mens 1st XV fixtures across all competitions, without the A league and Womens fixtures. It makes for a very cluttered and messy fixture list.

And agree with the views expressed above that the womens team at the moment have as much to do with Harlequins as the RL team that played at The Stoop a few years ago. I'd love for them to be successful and for them to be celebrating their 50 years at the club when the club is doing a 200 year celebration, but right now lets keep it as OT.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 09:39
Quote:
T-Bone
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
RodneyRegis

Very clever.

Who is Arf Garnet and why is it misogynistic to point out that Harlequins Women's team have very little to link them to the men's team, in the same way that Harlequins RL had nothing to do with the union team?

Alf Garnet -- character from tv show that older people will know who became a hero of a certain type of bigot even though the writer meant him to be a parody

On the Rodders point, he seems (to me) to go out of his way every time the women's game or women's team comes up to say that he doesn't rate it or accept it. I could be wrong.

On the factual points above -- Aylesford Bulls no longer exist, they were from Kent not Bradford, and they've always used Surrey Sports Park, they are now Harlequins and they didn't exist before because it's the first year of the new professional women's league.

I imagine 150 years ago a few people were saying that Quins didn't have much history either...

I think Quins women's team would be really heartened to learn that some Quins fans regard them as having nothing to do with the club.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/10/2017 09:39 by blucherquin.

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 09:46
The comparison with the RL side is also inaccurate. While we had a "partnership" with the RL team, that was really only in name (as in them sharing our name), and them being a tennant of The Stoop. The two were completely separate in terms of management (on & off the field) and ownership. The Womens team does come under the ownership of Quins as a whole, and the off-field management falls under Ellis' remit.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 09:56
Crikey, that escalated rapidly!

Did anybody actually read the article?

Cookie (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 10:06
Quote:
Scaramouche

Judging by most of the comments, I would suggest no, they didn't.

Stooperman (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 10:06
Quote:
Scaramouche

I have just watched the highlights video. Worth watching for the moment when the referee has to check his run because he's in danger of overtaking the 70m intercept try scorer after giving her a 10m head start!

T-Bone (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 10:07
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
T-Bone
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
RodneyRegis

Very clever.

Alf Garnet -- character from tv show that older people will know who became a hero of a certain type of bigot even though the writer meant him to be a parody

On the Rodders point, he seems (to me) to go out of his way every time the women's game or women's team comes up to say that he doesn't rate it or accept it. I could be wrong.

On the factual points above -- Aylesford Bulls no longer exist, they were from Kent not Bradford, and they've always used Surrey Sports Park, they are now Harlequins and they didn't exist before because it's the first year of the new professional women's league.

I imagine 150 years ago a few people were saying that Quins didn't have much history either...

I think Quins women's team would be really heartened to learn that some Quins fans regard them as having nothing to do with the club.

I get the impression that he, like many others, simply states that he is not interested in it, rather than going out of his way to say he doesn't rate or accept it.

Alf Garnett I believe. I know who he is, just being silly!

blucherquin (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 10:10
Quote:
T-Bone
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
T-Bone
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
RodneyRegis

Very clever.

I get the impression that he, like many others, simply states that he is not interested in it, rather than going out of his way to say he doesn't rate or accept it.

Alf Garnett I believe. I know who he is, just being silly!

Ooops, sorry! (I have always assumed that one day a young person will use this archaic site, but remain yet to be convinced one has...)

T-Bone (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 10:10
Just in the interests of fairness and balance, I find the post-match analysis emails I receive about the mens team pretty pointless. I'm sure some people love them, and they are easy enough to delete, but they tend to be full of the same rubbish every week.

I used to really enjoy scotty speaks, you actually got some interesting stuff in there. I appreciate not everyone did, and he has somewhat blotted his copybook since

gregory p (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 10:22
Perhaps they should revive Scotty Speaks: we can be told how that week's training has been going on E Wing of Wandsworth nick?

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 10:42
Quote:
The Dead Baron

Perhaps threads about ladies' rugby could be in a pink font? (Sm6)

26 October, 2017 10:49
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
The Dead Baron

Why pink? Black's much easier to read on a white background.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 11:22
Quote:
The Dead Baron
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
The Dead Baron

Why pink? Black's much easier to read on a white background.

Did you hear a whooshing sound going over your head?

26 October, 2017 11:27
No, I was being facetious. Did you hear the tumbleweed sound of no one laughing?

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 11:30
Quote:
The Dead Baron
No, I was being facetious. Did you hear the tumbleweed sound of no one laughing?

No, I didn't know CAW had a sound feature connecting all of the readers. I'm not too technical at times; is it some sort of app? Or a different setting?

Oh hang on, I get it - you speak for every person who reads this thread... Remind me to run my next attempt at humour past you, just for approval.

26 October, 2017 11:32
Quote:
Quinky Kin
No, I didn't know CAW had a sound feature connecting all of the readers.

That'll be why I didn't hear the whooshing sound either.

Or was that another attempt at humour? It's difficult to tell.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 11:38
Quote:
The Dead Baron
Quote:
Quinky Kin

No, that one was serious. The difference is that the earlier post had a smiley at the end, denoting humour. Don't you have smileys on your version of CAW? This is very educational - I didn't know there was more than one version.

Do they give you a badge when you join the humour police?

blucherquin (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 11:56
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
The Dead Baron
Quote:
Quinky Kin

No, that one was serious. The difference is that the earlier post had a smiley at the end, denoting humour. Don't you have smileys on your version of CAW? This is very educational - I didn't know there was more than one version.

Well it's better than arguing over whether women should be allowed to do stuff I guess...

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 12:00
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
The Dead Baron
Quote:
Quinky Kin

Well it's better than arguing over whether women should be allowed to do stuff I guess...

I don't mind, as long as they don't give them the vote... smiling smiley

(For the Baronial benefit, that's a smiley; it denotes that this is a light-hearted comment, not a full-on, raucous laughter inducing joke).

GP2110 (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 12:18
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
The Dead Baron
Quote:
Quinky Kin

Allowed to do stuff??? The point I made is that threads on the women's team should be in a separate section or marked OT. I thought it was a sensible suggestion.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 12:56
Quote:
GP2110
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
The Dead Baron
Quote:
Quinky Kin

Allowed to do stuff??? The point I made is that threads on the women's team should be in a separate section or marked OT. I thought it was a sensible suggestion.

There's really no point in engaging some people on this subject as they are so desperate to jump up and down and let everyone know that they love women's rugby and think it's perfectly acceptable to insinuate that those who are not interested must therefore be dreadful sexists and misogynists. Sadly it's what passes for logic for some people. You are not interested in something therefore you are a bad person hell bent on opposing progress wherever possible. Just ready any opinion piece in the Guardian for further examples

Cookie (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 12:58
Quote:
GP2110
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
The Dead Baron
Quote:
Quinky Kin

Exactly. And I've tried to say the same. Nobody is belittling women's rugby, so please stop insinuating as much.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 13:39
Quote:
T-Bone
Quote:
GP2110
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
The Dead Baron
Quote:
Quinky Kin

There's really no point in engaging some people on this subject as they are so desperate to jump up and down and let everyone know that they love women's rugby and think it's perfectly acceptable to insinuate that those who are not interested must therefore be dreadful sexists and misogynists. Sadly it's what passes for logic for some people. You are not interested in something therefore you are a bad person hell bent on opposing progress wherever possible. Just ready any opinion piece in the Guardian for further examples

Brilliant.

Personally I'd never watch it. I just said it wasn't correct to say they aren't part of the Harlequins team, and I used wit and comedic hyperbole to express my opinion.

But the humour police won't get that. They're probably reading the Express.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 13:43
Quote:
GP2110
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
The Dead Baron
Quote:
Quinky Kin

It was. My comment above is a joke. I'll join those feeling the need to add an emoji. (Sm125)

T-Bone (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 13:56
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
T-Bone
Quote:
GP2110
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
The Dead Baron
Quote:
Quinky Kin

Brilliant.

Personally I'd never watch it. I just said it wasn't correct to say they aren't part of the Harlequins team, and I used wit and comedic hyperbole to express my opinion.

But the humour police won't get that. They're probably reading the Express.

Suppose it depends largely on what passes for wit these days. Some people find James Corden and Russell Howard funny. Anyway, let's all be friends (Sm128)

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 14:12
Quote:
blucherquin

It was. My comment above is a joke. I'll join those feeling the need to add an emoji. (Sm125)

Be careful... some people may have a version of CAW that doesn't have emojis and they seem to get easily upset at attempted humour... winking smiley

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 14:44
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
T-Bone
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
RodneyRegis

Very clever.

I know it's Aylseford. Twas a little joke. Hence I said 'or some such. Arf would've liked that one I suggest.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 14:47
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
The Dead Baron

No, I didn't know CAW had a sound feature connecting all of the readers. I'm not too technical at times; is it some sort of app? Or a different setting?

Oh hang on, I get it - you speak for every person who reads this thread... Remind me to run my next attempt at humour past you, just for approval.

You're very punchy today chap smiling smiley

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 15:08
Quote:
RodneyRegis
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
The Dead Baron

You're very punchy today chap smiling smiley

Can't help it... they keep showing repeats of Steven Segal movies on TV (Sm110) winking smiley

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 15:34
Soooo, is anyone interested enough in our winning Ladies to read stuff that comes up or shall we just pretend they dont exist?

GP2110 (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 15:54
I would suggest that you label what it is in the title and give people a choice.

In the same way that if I want to post an article about Wasps I would put O/T Wasps etc...

Mayor West (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 17:26
Can we have another never ending argument and name calling thread so we can keep it off the proper discussion threads.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 19:11
Quote:
Scaramouche
Soooo, is anyone interested enough in our winning Ladies to read stuff that comes up or shall we just pretend they dont exist?

As long as my dinner is ready and the ironing is done, I like the idea of women playing rugby (Sm115)

blucherquin (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 04:16
Ok, some of you may want to sit down, or take your blood pressure pills...

100 Women: Rugby for lesbians in South Africa
[www.bbc.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/10/2017 06:15 by blucherquin.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 06:59
Quote:
blucherquin
Ok, some of you may want to sit down, or take your blood pressure pills...
100 Women: Rugby for lesbians in South Africa
[www.bbc.co.uk]

Are we looking for a replacement hooker?

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 10:01
My eldest brother lives in SA. I am considering apprising him of this development but I fear it may do for him...

St_Bart (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 10:14
I've watched the way this thread has developed with dismay.
You already have an option to pick the Women's team fixtures on this site and yet it's not even been kept up to date with results.
Clearly nobody on "Come All Within" is really interested and yet you have the best Women's squad, coach and support team in the Tyrrells Premier 15's championship by a country mile.
5 BP wins from 5 games against strong opposition from Bristol and Wasps so far with a table topping game against Saracens (also 5 from 5 but a point behind Quins) at the Stoop immediately after the men's AP game on 3rd Dec gives you the opportunity to have an informed opinion instead of some of the patronising comments above.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 28/10/2017 11:07 by St_Bart.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 10:32
Personally I'd be happy for the women's team to win the cup.

But if they win the casserole dish and the kettle I'd be much happier...

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 10:32
Quote:
St_Bart
You already have an option to pick the Women's team fixtures on this site and yet it's not even been kept up to date with results.
Clearly nobody on "Come on all Within" is really interested and yet you have the best Women's squad, coach and support team in the Tyrrells Premier 15's championship by a country mile.
5 BP wins from 5 games against strong opposition from Bristol and Wasps so far with a table topping game against Saracens (also 5 from 5 but a point behind Quins) at the Stoop immediately after the men's AP game on 3rd Dec gives you the opportunity to have an informed opinion instead of some of the patronising comments above.

This!

Mind you there is nothing to be curmudgeonly about with a winning team....

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 10:36
Quote:
Quinky Kin

One of my 3 daughters is gonna hunt you down my friend...

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 11:11
Quote:
Scaramouche
Quote:
Quinky Kin

One of my 3 daughters is gonna hunt you down my friend...

I'm safe, as long as she gets directions from her father... winking smiley

#scabbynosatnav

DOK (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 11:12
Hi St_Bart,

I've wondered if there's something this site can do for the ladies team, but in all honesty I don't have time. Running/participating in the message board putting up the match reports and doing the players votes every week takes all the time I've got.

So yes, I put up fixtures for the women's team, but I never intended to update it with results. (Made even worse now by the fact I don't know how I came by it - I can't find a calendar of fixtures anywhere for Harlequin Ladies). I'll change this, however, the RFU site now covers this.

In the light of discussion above, I did consider setting up a separate message board for the ladies, but that is just going to have tumble weed rolling by. My feeling was they really need their own Rugbynetwork site, in the same way as the Harlequins Amateurs.

As for the acceptance of Ladies rugby at Harlequins, despite the fact we've had a women's team forever, I think it'll be like Harlequins Rugby League. Some people liked it, most were indifferent and a few didn't like it all.

We'll see how acceptance goes. Personally I'm happy to support it.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 11:25
WEll I am a strong supporter of Womens sport generally and Ladies Rugby in particular, so I find it odd that some of the same people who talk about growing the game on a worldwide stage etc then exhibit indifference, or worse, to the Ladies game. Get the girls on side and the world is our oyster!

St_Bart (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 11:32
Good on you Dok!
Until a top Tyrell's league game is played at the Stoop when there's a home AP game played immediately before it I fear the dinosaur attitude will prevail.
The RFU's Tyrrells site gives all fixtures, results and news, but is a bit clunky atm.
See here

5 quins women in the Red Rose squad now and several more world class players maybe arriving next season will ensure Quins Women stay right at the top for a few years.

They deserve your support, why not watch the Quins-Sarries game at the Stoop on 3rd December - it'll cheer you up after the men's result!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/10/2017 11:34 by St_Bart.

Cookie (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 11:46
Quote:
Scaramouche
WEll I am a strong supporter of Womens sport generally and Ladies Rugby in particular, so I find it odd that some of the same people who talk about growing the game on a worldwide stage etc then exhibit indifference, or worse, to the Ladies game. Get the girls on side and the world is our oyster!

Personally, I am not a fan of a version of the game that I think isn't going to be as good as what I'm used to. And I accept that this may be wrong. But I'm not too interested in reserve games or lower league rugby games in the same way I'm not interested in women's rugby, football or cricket. It's not a sexist thing. I just don't have time to watch non-elite sport that I tend not to enjoy.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 11:56
Quote:
Cookie
Quote:
Scaramouche

Personally, I am not a fan of a version of the game that I think isn't going to be as good as what I'm used to. And I accept that this may be wrong. But I'm not too interested in reserve games or lower league rugby games in the same way I'm not interested in women's rugby, football or cricket. It's not a sexist thing. I just don't have time to watch non-elite sport that I tend not to enjoy.

Fair enuffski! I feel that way about Sevens. Just never floated my boat.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 12:15
Quote:
St_Bart
Good on you Dok!
Until a top Tyrell's league game is played at the Stoop when there's a home AP game played immediately before it I fear the dinosaur attitude will prevail.
The RFU's Tyrrells site gives all fixtures, results and news, but is a bit clunky atm.
See here

5 quins women in the Red Rose squad now and several more world class players maybe arriving next season will ensure Quins Women stay right at the top for a few years.

They deserve your support, why not watch the Quins-Sarries game at the Stoop on 3rd December - it'll cheer you up after the men's result!!

So you might get a few more supporters because people hang around after the match?

If your a dinasour for not giving 2 hoots about women's rugby then there are a lot of them around.

Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 12:40
Quote:
Personally, I am not a fan of a version of the game that I think isn't going to be as good as what I'm used to. ... I'm not interested in women's rugby, football or cricket. It's not a sexist thing. I just don't have time to watch non-elite sport that I tend not to enjoy.

I agree. Although beach volleyball and mud-wrestling are two women's sports that can be entertaining occasionally.

BB

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 12:46
Quote:
Brown Bottle
Quote:
Personally, I am not a fan of a version of the game that I think isn't going to be as good as what I'm used to. ... I'm not interested in women's rugby, football or cricket. It's not a sexist thing. I just don't have time to watch non-elite sport that I tend not to enjoy.

I agree. Although beach volleyball and mud-wrestling are two women's sports that can be entertaining occasionally.

I'm told they're dangerous sports as they result in lots of wrist injuries...

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 13:22
#brontosaurodders

johnlid (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 14:50
Quote:
RodneyRegis
Quote:
St_Bart
Good on you Dok!
See here

So you might get a few more supporters because people hang around after the match?

If your a dinasour for not giving 2 hoots about women's rugby then there are a lot of them around.

Still, we can take consolation in the fact that the dinosaurs died out because they couldn't cope with change

T-Bone (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 14:53
Quote:
St_Bart
Clearly nobody on "Come on all Within" is really interested and yet you have the best Women's squad, coach and support team in the Tyrrells Premier 15's championship by a country mile.

Is this a p1ss poor attempt at a joke or just very odd?

Some people do tend to get very easily outraged, dismayed and upset. I feel for them, it must be an awful existence. Personally I do not tend to get dismayed when I find out that a group of people aren't interested in something. I wonder if the people over at top gear are dismayed that I'm not interested in turbo engines and brake horse power. Probably not.

Are the millions of women, and thousands of female Quins fans, who aren't interested in Quins Ladies also dinosaurs, or can it only be men?

T-Bone (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 14:54
Quote:
johnlid
Quote:
RodneyRegis
Quote:
St_Bart
Good on you Dok!
See here

Still, we can take consolation in the fact that the dinosaurs died out because they couldn't cope with change

I thought they died out due to smugness

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 15:04
Well, I think we know where T-Bone stands ....

Mayor West (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 17:38
If you don't care for something why be so disparaging about it. Just because YOU don't like it why can't somebody else? Unless of course you are actually a load of old dinosaurs. I enjoy the women's games, particularly the World Cup. I don't care much for cricket, tennis, darts, snooker, and many other sport but I don't feel the need to tell other people who do greatly enjoy these that they are watching something not worthy of their time.

St_Bart (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 19:31
Good to see the link to Harlequins ladies fixtures now takes you direct to the rfu tyrrells premier 15 site which has fixtures,results and table options.
Great move Dok, no excuses for dinosaurs now!!

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 21:06
Quote:
Mayor West
If you don't care for something why be so disparaging about it. Just because YOU don't like it why can't somebody else? Unless of course you are actually a load of old dinosaurs. I enjoy the women's games, particularly the World Cup. I don't care much for cricket, tennis, darts, snooker, and many other sport but I don't feel the need to tell other people who do greatly enjoy these that they are watching something not worthy of their time.

I'm not sure anyone has done what you suggest.

There are a few people on here who seem to think that not being interested in women's rugby is something negative.

I think marking the women's stuff as OT is a fair suggestion, I'd say the same for Quins amateurs and Quins minis (if such a thing exists) as well.

Stooperman (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 21:14
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
Quote:
Mayor West

There are a few people on here who seem to think that not being interested in women's rugby is something negative.

I think marking the women's stuff as OT is a fair suggestion, I'd say the same for Quins amateurs and Quins minis (if such a thing exists) as well.

This is unprecedented...but I have to say that is a completely reasonable post from QP and one with which I wholeheartedly agree.

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 22:19
Actually I think we agreed on something back in 2013.

Mayor West (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 06:08
I agree that the ladies should be O/T but get fed up with the attitude that they are not worthy of being on this site. They are a successful professional Harlequins team. We have A team stuff on here. As I said , if you don't like it just ignore it, don't knock it.
The miniS comes under the Ameteurs umbrella by the way.

Hellequin (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 16:14
Given the results maybe we should have the women's coaching team coach the Men's team for a few weeks.

johnlid (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 17:44
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
Quote:
Mayor West

Why should it be O/T? It's about Harlequins and rugby.Sounds pretty much on topic to me

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net