rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Quins in the AI England Squad
Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 07:56
Official Announcement

Brown, Care, Robshaw & Smith all named in the squad for the AIs, although Smith is being listed as an "Apprentice Player" and will not be named in a matchday 23. He (and Mercer) only take part in the training & preparation. I hope that doesn't mean he's unavailable to us...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/10/2017 07:57 by Fearless Fred.

Re: Quins in the AI England Squad
Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 08:10
And (just for RR!) Quins have Cornborough, Scott, Burford, Breach and Riley in the England Womens squad.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 08:22
That's great!

T-Bone (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 09:27
Quote:
Fearless Fred
Official Announcement
Brown, Care, Robshaw & Smith all named in the squad for the AIs, although Smith is being listed as an "Apprentice Player" and will not be named in a matchday 23. He (and Mercer) only take part in the training & preparation. I hope that doesn't mean he's unavailable to us...

Ignoring the tedious points scoring above, even if Smith will not be picked in the match day squad, unless he is released to us quite early in the week I suspect we would only pick him on the bench, as he'll not have trained with us all week. Some would argue that's a good thing though.

If he does play for us during the AIs then it'll be interesting to see how he goes without care alongside him.

I really cannot get very excited about the AIs this year. We seem to play Australia every couple of months and it's becoming the same with Argentina. Main interest will be seeing how some of the new players get on

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 11:11
This just hammers home to me how bizarre Marler's and Sinck's ill discipline is.

26 October, 2017 11:47
Blimey EJ is brutally honest to Hask and Yarde isn't he?????

T-Bone (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 12:59
Quote:
Harleys Evil Step Mum
Blimey EJ is brutally honest to Hask and Yarde isn't he?????

Yep, which I like. I'm sure he's spoken to them both to let them know what he wants to see.

The comment about try scoring with Marland is slightly odd as he's actually been scoring quite a few for us. I do wonder how much being dropped by us has counted against him. We shall probably never know

Dgwasp (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 13:03
Apparently he spoke to Hask on the Saturday, which might explain why he seemed so fired up. Do you think that he spoke to Marland on Saturday too which prompted his behaviour on Sunday?

I would have chosen Yarde over Solomona... Solomona seems pretty lazy and disappears easily.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 13:22
Quote:
Dgwasp
Apparently he spoke to Hask on the Saturday, which might explain why he seemed so fired up. Do you think that he spoke to Marland on Saturday too which prompted his behaviour on Sunday?
I would have chosen Yarde over Solomona... Solomona seems pretty lazy and disappears easily.

Not sure I'd pick either in an ideal world. Both go missing. I think Yarde works harder, but Solomona is easily the better finisher. Yarde probably a better defender, but guilty of giving up sometimes.

I know it's probably not an opinion shared by many, but despite the number of wingers we have in contention, Watson, Daly, May, Yarde, Nowell, Solomona and various others, I actually think it's a bit of a weak area for England

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 15:03
Quote:
Fearless Fred
And (just for RR!) Quins have Cornborough, Scott, Burford, Breach and Riley in the England Womens squad.

Shoorly shum MISStake.....Where's the OT/WR/VS warning?

Illegitimi non carborundum

Barnetsarrie12 (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 15:09
Quote:
T-Bone
Quote:
Dgwasp

Not sure I'd pick either in an ideal world. Both go missing. I think Yarde works harder, but Solomona is easily the better finisher. Yarde probably a better defender, but guilty of giving up sometimes.

I know it's probably not an opinion shared by many, but despite the number of wingers we have in contention, Watson, Daly, May, Yarde, Nowell, Solomona and various others, I actually think it's a bit of a weak area for England

I agree T-Bone, I think we have decent wingers in England but when you compare with NZ who can roll out Ben Smith, Dagg, Milner-Skudder, Ioane who to me is the best winger currently in rugby, Naoholo and Savea, there is a big gap. Every single one of those players will make the England 15

GP2110 (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 15:21
Not sure I agree about it being a weakness. I think Watson, Nowell and Daly are all quality international wingers as demonstrated in their recent internationals. To have the likes of May, Yarde, Solomona and even Rokodeguni behind that shows a real strength in depth for me.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 16:25
I think only Watson out of those is world class. May is v quick but doesn't offer a great deal else, nowell is a grafter but lacks wingers pace. Even Watson can go missing and is not a lethal finisher. The backup are ok. There seems to be an obsession at the moment for finding guys who show up really well domestically and putting them forward as world beaters, especially forwards. There's a new band wagon every week.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 16:45
Yes rodders its all a bit football innit

Illegitimi non carborundum

27 October, 2017 16:48
Brown, Watson, Nowell, Youngs, Ford, Farrell & Joseph is IMHO the perfect combination!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net