Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Teams Up
talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 10:43
The return of Chis!

HARLEQUINS HAS NAMED THE MATCHDAY 23 TO FACE WORCESTER WARRIORS IN ROUND 7 OF THE AVIVA PREMIERSHIP (SATURDAY 28TH OCTOBER, KICK-OFF 15:00).

James Chisholm returns to action for the first time since early March and is one of five changes in the forwards.

Will Collier, who also returns from injury, is named at tighthead prop while Elia Elia makes his first start for the Club.

Alofa Alofa partners Jamie Roberts in the midfield and is the sole change in the backline.

Speaking ahead of the match, Director of Rugby, John Kingston said: "We secured an excellent bonus point victory in our last Aviva Premiership match against Sale Sharks and we'll be looking to back that up at the weekend.

"Our preparation for the game has been excellent and we all know there is a job to be done."

Harlequins squad to play Worcester Warriors (Harlequins appearances)

15. Mike Brown (286)
14. Charlie Walker (72)
13. Alofa Alofa (33)
12. Jamie Roberts (37)
11. Tim Visser (41)
10. Marcus Smith (8)
9. Danny Care (232)

1. Mark Lambert (216)
2. Elia Elia (3)
3. Will Collier (114)
4. Ben Glynn (7)
5. James Horwill (Captain, 46)
6. James Chisholm (39)
7. Chris Robshaw (246)
8. Mat Luamanu (46)

16. Charlie Piper (2)
17. Lewis Boyce (1)
18. Phil Swainston (4)
19. Charlie Matthews (145)
20. Dino Lamb (3)
21. Charlie Mulchrone (16)
22. Tim Swiel (46)
23. Harry Sloan (33)

Re: Teams Up
NicoWilson (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 10:44
We're gonna get mullered

27 October, 2017 10:45
The good and the bad in that team news.

Great to see Chis back and good that Collier is fit.

Slightly bemused by Glynn being picked over Matthews, and it's obviously up in the air as to whether Elia can cut it at this level.

And then Marchant seems to have gone missing. Perhaps he's off looking for Marland Yarde?

T-Bone (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 11:02
Good to see Chisholm back. Glynn over Matthews is bizarre. What's happened to Marchant? Slightly surprised sloan is on bench ahead of Chisholm but good to see him involved. No yarde. Hmmm

27 October, 2017 10:49
So is Swiel covering fly-half, wing and full-back?

I suppose if Walker or Visser go off Alofa will go to the wing.

Stoquin (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 10:54
and why does the announcement always say

"Our preparation for the game has been excellent and we all know there is a job to be done."

why say it, surely it should always be this. It would be more genuine this week if it said this and added "despite ongoing poor off field and on field discipline from some of our most experienced players".

This is more likely the truth of the matter.

Toast (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 10:54
Perhaps its called players welfare? Marchant is still young and crashes up so cant play every game BUT yes understand Marcus is even younger......!

NicoWilson (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 10:59
Stating the obvious, but no Yarde

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 11:01
And here's Worcester:

Worcester Warriors

15 Chris Pennell
14 Perry Humphreys
13 Wynand Olivier
12 Jackson Willison
11 Josh Adams
10 Jono Lance
9 Jonny Arr

1 Ethan Waller
2 Joe Taufete’e
3 Gareth Milasinovich
4 Donncha O’Callaghan (C)
5 Will Spencer
6 Alafoti Faosiliva
7 Sam Lewis
8 David Denton

Replacements
16 Jack Singleton
17 Ryan Bower
18 Biyi Alo
19 Pierce Phillips
20 Huw Taylor
21 Michael Dowsett
22 Tom Heathcote
23 Tom Howe

Cookie (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 11:02
Yet again we're left to speculate about several players. Rested? Injured? Rotation? Discipline? Simply don't understand why this happens every week.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 11:08
Quote:
talkshowhost86

Slightly bemused by Glynn being picked over Matthews, and it's obviously up in the air as to whether Elia can cut it at this level.

And then Marchant seems to have gone missing. Perhaps he's off looking for Marland Yarde?

Agree that Matthews on the bench is odd, since he's been playing well and has certainly improved the lineout.

Marchant? No idea. If it's an injury, hopefully nothing serious.

But why cast doubt on Elia? He's a Samoan international... why suggest that he might not cut it at "this" (lower) level?

27 October, 2017 11:19
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
talkshowhost86

Agree that Matthews on the bench is odd, since he's been playing well and has certainly improved the lineout.

But why cast doubt on Elia? He's a Samoan international... why suggest that he might not cut it at "this" (lower) level?

A lower level than playing against Georgia, Canada, Tonga and Fiji? According to his ESPN page, the only top international team he's played against was France on his debut and he didn't start that game. Other than that it's four performances against lower tier countries.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying he's going to be bad. But he's a 21 year old hooker making his first start at this level. Of course there are doubts.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 11:20
Didnt Mathews pick up a niggle recently? Maybe theyre protecting him?

I like Pennel and always enjoy watching Doncha play so looking forward to tomorrow.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Stooperman (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 11:23
Really happy to see young Chisholm back, it would be too much to expect him to show the kind of form he was in last year on his first outing, but I think he's a step up from Glyn already.

Shame about MArchant,and that weakens our porous defence even more as Alofa is a bit of a misser of tackles but I do like what he does in attack.

Great to see Collier back, that really helps shore up the scrum and he was immense against LR.

OMG that bench. I think we're fairly used to seeing a weak bench, but that is properly flimsy.

Hope Sloan gets a run out though, I like his gutsy attitude and I think he deserves some time on the pitch.

Still no sign of elder Chisholm?

This is a must win game, & ideally a must have 5 points. I reckon we can do it, but we need to come out firing and not take them for granted as we have been guilty of in the past.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 11:25
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
talkshowhost86

A lower level than playing against Georgia, Canada, Tonga and Fiji? According to his ESPN page, the only top international team he's played against was France on his debut and he didn't start that game. Other than that it's four performances against lower tier countries.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying he's going to be bad. But he's a 21 year old hooker making his first start at this level. Of course there are doubts.

Fair enough. My only concern is whether he can throw straight, but let's hope both of our concerns are unfounded thumbs down

Stooperman (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 11:25
Quote:
Scaramouche
Didnt Mathews pick up a niggle recently? Maybe theyre protecting him?
I like Pennel and always enjoy watching Doncha play so looking forward to tomorrow.

Agreed, Pennel and Doncha can be a real handful on their day in different ways. I think Worcester's pack has been steadily improving so we need a big day from our captain & Will Collier to stay healthy , oh and Brown and his wingers to keep a close eye on Pennel.

Cookie (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 11:43
Quote:
Stooperman
Still no sign of elder Chisholm?

He played in the A League on Monday.

DazzaS (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 12:36
It is a better team than I thought would go up.

Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 12:46
Quote:
A lower level than playing against Georgia, Canada, Tonga and Fiji?

Which of those do you think Quins would beat?

BB

27 October, 2017 12:54
Quote:
Brown Bottle
Quote:
A lower level than playing against Georgia, Canada, Tonga and Fiji?

Which of those do you think Quins would beat?

On recent form?

None of them.

But on average I'd expect all four to finish bottom four in the Premiership.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 13:04
Im not a regular attacker of the club but the lack of information about injuries and squad rotation is really really really getting to me now.

Saili - fair enough, only got concussed last week, don't need to know
How is Clifford -- when will we see him (nick mullins saying something doesn't count)
What's happened to Marchant?
Why no announcement on Morris other than the bloody kid's own Instagram?
Buchanan -- still not recovered from concussion, that's a real worry, no update
Gray -- has he done his thumb again? assume so - no word
Bothma -- it's nearly November, back mid month as JK suggested (no update since Sept)?

Worst one yet...Catrakalis -- NEVER any word on the club website or social media, just one line in one interview given to the Evening Standard. But because somewhere here spotted it -- it's December...not that we'd know...USELESS COMMS DEPT.

Rocker (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 13:07
Quote:
blucherquin
Im not a regular attacker of the club but the lack of information about injuries and squad rotation is really really really getting to me now.
How is Clifford -- when will we see him (nick mullins saying something doesn't count)
Bothma -- it's nearly November, back mid month as JK suggested (no update since Sept)?

Worst one yet...Catrakalis -- NEVER any word on the club website or social media, just one line in one interview given to the Evening Standard. But because somewhere here spotted it -- it's December...not that we'd know...USELESS COMMS DEPT.

Unfortunately that's always been Quins way. Don't understand it personally, if a player is out long term, it would be nice to let the paying customers know.
I have to say I think that there is something very wrong with our "toughness" we seem to have almost every season an injury crisis (other than the one when we won). Why do we seem to have more injuries than anyone else?

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 13:13
I dont think we do. Wasps, Bath both have had bad injuries, and the rest of the prem all have had a few this season in various positions

ACQuins (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 13:30
At least we're playing the worst team in the league at home when having the entirety of our front row suspended, players out injuryed, players being left out for poor discipline and then players being left out with no reason given.

It seems bizarre to me that there will be no information on the wellbeing of injured players but the club are so forward in saying that Yarde has been dropped for disciplinary reasons.

I agree with commenters above that is hugely frustrating and also fairly amateur that the only exposure to injury news we get is from a player's social media or from an ITK journalist/ex player.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 14:15
Quote:
blucherquin

It's a fair criticism. I don't think we should be expecting weekly updates, and I understand no update for certain injuries (eg concussion) where the return date is likely to be inaccurate, but it would be good if we heard updates from the club in the first instance. It would also be better if the club explained why an expected pick (eg Marchant) is not included.

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 14:31
Quote:
Scaramouche
Didnt Mathews pick up a niggle recently?

He turned his ankle during last home game and was strapped up (from memory) last weekend on same ankle.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 14:42
He's still better on one ankle than a fully fit Glynn

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 14:49
To be fair to Glynn, been playing out of position. How would Matthews go at 6??

T-Bone (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 14:56
Better than Glynn!

Joking, no idea, probably not very well. I have nothing against Glynn and can't fault his effort. I just don't think he's good enough. Again, not his fault, but I don't think we should have been playing him when I think we had other options in the academy

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 14:59
I agree I would have started White over him. Although currently I think white and South are both injured so we have no choice

Adi Nako (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 15:07
It's never good when you have to make 6 changes between meaningful games.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 15:10
Well thats obviously the fault of management. JK must go!!

Illegitimi non carborundum

T-Bone (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 15:13
Quote:
HonkyTonk
I agree I would have started White over him. Although currently I think white and South are both injured so we have no choice

Didn't realise South was injured. I take that back then

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 15:17
Quote:
Scaramouche
Well thats obviously the fault of management. JK must go!!

Stop.

arniepie (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 15:49
Will yarde ever be seen wearing a Quins shirt again????

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 16:18
Quote:
arniepie

If it is true that he has failed to turn up to training/ a-league match then I wouldnt be overly bothered. No player is bigger than the club, let him become someone elses problem**

**of course nothing has been made official and there could be a good excuse for his absence

blucherquin (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 18:03
Quote:
HonkyTonk
Quote:
arniepie

If it is true that he has failed to turn up to training/ a-league match then I wouldnt be overly bothered. No player is bigger than the club, let him become someone elses problem**

**of course nothing has been made official and there could be a good excuse for his absence

No - he’s signed for Sale

Stooperman (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 18:10
Looks like we've seen the last of Marland in a Quins shirt. Shame, I liked his endeavour - but he was always a bit of a liability in defence, and didn't seem to have the same instinct for when to come looking for the ball that say Visser has.

WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
27 October, 2017 23:28
From a Worcester perspective we are missing, without doubt, our 6 best players. Mills, Hougaard, Teo (although actually he's rubbish for us), Van Velze, Heem and Schonert. Mama is also missing and he is one of the better players. We are massively understrength.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/10/2017 23:29 by WorcesterSauce.

akb1 (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 13:35
Guys sitting next to me spoke too Merchant's dad, he has a broken thumb

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 13:41
Mcnulty in for Swainston

Quin Kong (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 14:11
Who is this Worcester coach on the sidelines shouting things like rhino. Said feck at least four times with the emphasis on the u. Can they not get rid of him from the pitch given the age of some of the onlookers?

QUIN KONG

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 14:13
They look like scoring everytime they have the ball!!

WellingQuin (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 14:14
This is embarrassing.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 14:14
Going to have the BP wrapped up before HT!!!!

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 14:17
If i were a neutral I would be enjoying it, but im not!!

WellingQuin (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 14:19
They've not had any try bonus point in the premiership this season and yet it wouldn't surprise me if they manage to do that against us before half time...

Simply not good enough.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 14:28
I actually think when we get the ball and go forward we look dangerous, thing is so do they.

Paddington (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 14:51
The only person that looks like he gives a damn is Smith. Our defence is shocking. Has anybody read the defence plans? Brown is struggling. Looks like he is carrying an injury.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 14:55
Missed the first half bar the last couple of minutes. Saw a few nice moments from Chis and Elia. Anyone in particular playing well? Anyone having a nightmare? How is Elia playing?

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 14:44
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Missed the first half bar the last couple of minutes. Saw a few nice moments from Chis and Elia. Anyone in particular playing well? Anyone having a nightmare? How is Elia playing?

Got a lovely side step on him!!!

T-Bone (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 15:01
Plumbing new depths. Their offloading game is very good. Our defence us rotten. Our fitness too. Blowing after 25. Brown jogs across to cover a cross kick they score from. Brainless stuff. Not sure what positive spin you put on this. Thankfully they've missed so many kicks we're still in it

MrOther (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 14:48
Bl00dy hell!

WellingQuin (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 15:01
Can't see from here who it is, but hope that Worcester player is ok.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 15:35
Won the game but again we shipped too many points

WellingQuin (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 15:37
May have spoke to soon.

Rocker (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 15:38
Bit too close to call now! Why Honky Tonk

Rocker (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 15:38
Our defence truly is atrocious!!

WellingQuin (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 15:41
Really happy we got the bonus point win but we surely must be concerned that we conceded that many points against a team who hadn't had a bonus try point before today.

WellingQuin (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 15:43
Also worth noting the cost of their missed conversion

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/10/2017 15:43 by WellingQuin.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 15:44
Quote:
Rocker
Bit too close to call now! Why Honky Tonk

Because we cannot defend I would say

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 15:46
Lucky for us their kicking is as bad as our defence. Another 30 points shipped...

MrOther (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 15:46
Anybody injured or in line for a citing?

WellingQuin (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 15:48
Any other team would have beat us today. Concerned for the games with have coming up.

dancing quin (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 15:49
Quins bonus point win with several players out = endless carping. Good grief.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 15:52
Quote:
dancing quin

Yes, because again we looked like we thought defending was optional. Yes a BP but put into context we beat a side that had managed 1 point all season (and for our injuries they were missing a few also).

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 15:52
The Beeb has us in 3rd place in the table. Who said we aren't making progress? grinning smiley

But seriously, typical Quins performance. Moments of good rugby punctuated by lapses in defence. I only really saw the second half but I hear the first 30 minutes were mostly poor.

Yes, we gave up a TBP to Worcester. But that doesn't interest me. I'm only concerned with Quins and 5 points is the best outcome possible, for league purposes. It's also a lot more than many on here would have expected, I'm sure.

WellingQuin (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 15:55
Quote:
HonkyTonk
Quote:
dancing quin

Yes, because again we looked like we thought defending was optional. Yes a BP but put into context we beat a side that had managed 1 point all season (and for our injuries they were missing a few also).

Completely agree. Injuries are a terrible excuse considering some of their best players weren't available.

We can't defend, simple as that. You only need to look at the scoreline to see that.

With the games we have coming up, including another home game against Worcester, we are in big trouble if we play like we did today.

QuinAlan (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 15:57
Think most of us would have expected a 5 point win..!!

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 15:57
So the last 3 games we've shipped a couple of tries before turning Up? That is suicide against decent sides, or even mid-table.

akb1 (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 15:58
That was terrible, really poor first half. We were very lucky to only be a point behind at ht. We then seem to be in control take a nice lead but then go to sleep and let them back on to the game.
Only positive we got a bonus pint win. Awful stuff.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 16:04
Only positive? That's harsh.

Positives: Smith continues to impress, Elia seems plenty good enough, Walker scored a scintillating try, Chis is back and looked pretty good, Care scored his 50th try.

One other thing to consider - ignoring their league position, Worcester played well at times. It's quite weird how people seem to forget that.

WellingQuin (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 16:05
Glad others are seeing it like I am.

Always happy when we win but today was dreadful. With a team like ours, today's result is terrible.

I'm not saying this as a typical 'JK out' but surely something is wrong behind the scenes. Plus the players need to have a look at themselves.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 16:08
[quote Quinky Kin]Only positive? That's harsh.

Positives: Smith continues to impress, Elia seems plenty good enough, Walker scored a scintillating try, Chis is back and looked pretty good, Care scored his 50th try.

One other thing to consider - ignoring their league position, Worcester played well at times. It's quite weird how people seem to forget that.[/quote

Not taking anything away from Worcs, they were up for it but I think we made them look good in attack. Most teams look dangerous against us.

Hellequin (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 16:12
Conceded 4 tries a against a team who only a losing point in the league before today. First half after the 1st try was woeful and fully deserved to go in behind.

2nd half we started to look better and thankfully managed to open up a decent lead before dropping off again for the last 10 minutes. Could have been a much different story if they had kept hold of the ball instead of knocking on at the last second, and if they hadn't had their own Botica moment at the end.

Positives: Care, Smith, Chisholm. Walker for his individual try and efforts in defence.

Negatives: Defence, Robshaw disappointing (against his normal standard), Brown (kicking), Laumanu, Lambert and maul.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net