rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Re: Teams Up
talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 16:55
Dreadful dreadful performance but at least we won.

If we play like that in our next four league games we won’t see a win before Christmas.

We were lucky they missed all their conversions. Ultimately that was the only difference between two very poor teams.

akb1 (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 16:43
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Only positive? That's harsh.
Positives: Smith continues to impress, Elia seems plenty good enough, Walker scored a scintillating try, Chis is back and looked pretty good, Care scored his 50th try.

One other thing to consider - ignoring their league position, Worcester played well at times. It's quite weird how people seem to forget that.

QK, That is how I feel at the moment. Really disappointed in the way we played.
I'm not someone that constantly posts negatively about the squad, team or coaches. That was a really poor performance. The 1st half was worse than the opening match of the season and we were saved by the lack of an accurate kicker on their side today.
How many points did he leave out there 13?
We dodged a bullet. Not good enough.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/10/2017 16:44 by akb1.

Fursty (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 17:05
At the risk of going against the party line - I quite enjoyed large parts of today's game - and thought in parts we looked very good in attack. Granted the last 15 minutes were a shambles but before that we looked good - Their 1st 2 tries came from 2 individual errors which completely changed the complexion of the 1st half,

Also thought Jamie Roberts had an absolutely storming game - ran hard and created lots of space outside.

akb1 (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 16:53
Individual errors that we should have been good enough as a team to prevent a try from

T-Bone (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 17:17
I'm delighted we won. Smith continues to be an incredible player despite not knowing laws when ball fell over. Chisholm had a great comeback. Lovely finish by walker. Other than that we were awful. If you conveniently missed first 30 and turned up for the rest I suspect you might be lying and not have gone at all. Reckon anyone who says otherwise probably wasn't there. The lack of atmosphere said it all. Delighted at result but gutted at performance.

Tgsnk God their kicker is awful. Looked like a team full of quality but unhappy with each other m

Hellequin (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 17:09
Quote:
Fursty
At the risk of going against the party line - I quite enjoyed large parts of today's game - and thought in parts we looked very good in attack. Granted the last 15 minutes were a shambles but before that we looked good - Their 1st 2 tries came from 2 individual errors which completely changed the complexion of the 1st half,
Also thought Jamie Roberts had an absolutely storming game - ran hard and created lots of space outside.

It did make for an exciting 2nd half with more involvement from the crowd but still pretty quiet compared to other games, 1st half was pretty subdued.

Roberts wss hot and cold for me some good moments but not really enough for someone of his stature.

Dibden (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 17:14
I wonder what effect the Yarde affair has had on morale and players/coaches relations.We may never know what really happened but I cant believe its not had some sort of impact

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 17:24
Quote:
T-Bone
If you conveniently missed first 30 and turned up for the rest I suspect you might be lying and not have gone at all. Reckon anyone who says otherwise probably wasn't there.

Both, in my case. I watched at home but missed the first 30-ish.

I liked Luamanu's try, but think he's been a bit quiet of late.

In the time that I was watching I thought Care was good, Smith too. Chisholm seemed to be making some impact and Elia was getting stuck in. Brown doesn't seem to be in the best of club form right now though. Walker's try was sublime.

Just after Matthews came on he hit a ruck very hard. I saw the ref having a word but no penalty given. Any ideas what the problem was?

Dave L (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 17:52
Some of the attack was absolutely fantastic. Cracking tries from Care, Walker and a real delight to see Smith get his first try. Luamanu gave everything today and took his try well as did Roberts. Having Alofa outside him and looking after Smith too puts extra pressure so I was pleased with his outing.

The defending though... that was rank amateur. We play like that against any better sides and well be stuffed. Im just not sure what plans they have and what they practice but it was horrendous. Brown just doesnt look himself.

Usual Quins performance, some superb stuff, some horrific stuff.

Mayor West (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 18:11
The number of times we had a thre or four or more overlap of Worcester players out on the flanks was worrying. They scored from it with ease. At one point I was thinking to myself, why have we got a hooker on the wing and they duly spotted it and scored from the kick through. Other than that we scored some good tries, Elia looks good, don't think he missed a throw, Boyce looks more confident and feisty. I was talking to somebody who was sat at the front of the south stand and they said that one of the Worcester tries was short but the ref wouldn't TMO it. Anyway, five points gained and it's only Sarries next.

QuinAlan (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 18:13
Does anyone think that we've kind of accepted that our defence is crap & the focus is on scoring tries, unstructured tactics, & winning games by simply scoring more points than the opposition no matter how many it takes..?? It might not not work against everyone but when it clicks we might well win more games than we lose. Sounds totally bizarre but I cant work out what else we are trying to do. Get suspended & injured players back & we must surely get stronger. Confused as to what Quins are doing at the moment. 3rd in the table tonight. Must be Halloween!

ArchQuin (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 22:13
We got 5 points but I came away feeling like we like we had got away with their kicker having a very bad Day which would have changed the scoreline a good amount

w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 23:30
Well done Quins.Look forward to the return match and the cup games.

TeddingtonQuin (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 05:26
Quote:
ArchQuin
We got 5 points but I came away feeling like we like we had got away with their kicker having a very bad Day which would have changed the scoreline a good amount

Yep, they left 13(?) points on the tee which would have made difference to the result if taken!

So they scored 6 tries (albeit a couple of questionable ones - the 1st I'm sure had a forward pass in the build up and the late one that apparently was short). In their previous 6 games Wuss have scored 7 in total. That is how poor our defence was.

Every other team in the league (forget Europe) will be licking their lips at the thought of playing us!

West Stand, Block FD, Row S
@JT075 #COYQ

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net