rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Julian Savea
Monte (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 06:31
According to Fissler in TRP he wants to stay in Europe after match in Nov until he is wanted back at the Hurricanes for Super Rugby and we are chasing him, seem to be only club. Says that Marland has been told he wonít be offered a contract next season and has been told he can go immediately

Re: Julian Savea
HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 07:06
The thought of Savea in a quins shirt makes me chuckle. I thought he did not make the NZ squad???

Dave L (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 07:19
Itís Halloween not April foolís day! Would love it to be true but no way can it be.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 07:24
its not that far fetched (if he did wish to play in Europe).

French sides can only bring in players as medical jokers, no injuries, no Savea

Prem sides need space under the cap (or an injury to bring him in as cover). I dont see any of the clubs that could afford him having either at the moment.

We have freed up a fair bit of cash letting Marlande go. That can cover 3 month of Savea

ACQuins (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 09:03
Quote:
HonkyTonk
The thought of Savea in a quins shirt makes me chuckle. I thought he did not make the NZ squad???

He's in the Baa Baas squad touring Europe.

ACQuins (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 09:05
That would be incredible. Although he hasn't made recent AB squads, he's still a world class winger who would make any other country's test squad. He tears it up at Mitre 10 and Super Rugby level and apparently his attitude is spot on these days and has become a bit of a leader. Perhaps being snubbed by ABs has forced him to improve his attitude.

Quins Lad (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 09:49
We can't afford a decent PA announcer, why would we be able to afford him? Will command a higher wage than Yarde as well

AnotherQuin (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 09:52
Wow imagine, problem is NZ know how to use him by shifting it wide getting him on the ball, our back line has been a bit sluggish, but Iím hoping a DC, Smith, Saili, Marchant will start to ignite once Saili is given the all clear, and with the potential of Savea thatís a eye watering backline! Thereís a good chance that some faces on good money will be moving on at the end of the season, Dr Roberts, Yarde etc, there should be enough cash, who are our marquee players now? Saili & Horwill?

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 09:53
but we would only be paying him for about 3 months, that probably equals Yardes salary for the rest of the year, so no extra cost to Quins

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/10/2017 09:54 by HonkyTonk.

Adi Nako (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 09:57
Quote:
HonkyTonk
but we would only be paying him for about 3 months, that probably equals Yardes salary for the rest of the year, so no extra cost to Quins

Wouldn't even touch it. With the money that Yarde was supposedly on it's probably roughly equal a year of Savea on his current rate. The problem is that now you have to compete with higher offers from France etc if anyone is injured. We'd definitely be able to afford him if Yarde left.

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 10:17
I don’t really like this sort of temporary signing as it never feels like those players care about the club.

But I think I’d make an exception for Savea.

Adi Nako (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 10:05
Piutau was excellent for Wasps in his short time.

Barnetsarrie12 (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 11:43
This would be a great signing for you guys if it happened but, as he is signed up with NZ rugby until 2019, they would have to sign off on him joining and i doubt it.

Steve Hansen also recently said the only reason why he did not pick him was so he could have a proper offseason and be with his wife who is due to give birth to their child. Nice rumour but i highly doubt he will be playing in Europe until after the next WC.

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 12:17
Well, his Mrs has just tweeted to say that this is news to her & JS, I'm sad to say...

Link

InsertQuinsPunHere (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 13:10
*Julian and _me_

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 14:01
She seems lovely.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 14:03
I'm sure she'd add a class of elegance and femininity... to something.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 21:40
Quote:
Quins Lad
We can't afford a decent PA announcer, why would we be able to afford him? Will command a higher wage than Yarde as well

The PA guy is excellent. And doesnít feel the need to wear a stupid hat.

QuincyJones (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 00:34
Quote:
Quins Lad

Mid-season rate isn't the same as full, out-of-season market rate. Also, England players seem to be generally slightly better paid than their NZ counterparts, so it's perfectly feasible.

Not sure why he'd want to come to us, mind.

Robertquin (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 07:34
Quote:
Fearless Fred
Well, his Mrs has just tweeted to say that this is news to her & JS, I'm sad to say...
Link

Either it's a double bluff or he hasn't told her yet.

giffardfs (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 07:52
Julian Savea just tweeted:

Fake news guys

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 08:02
June A. Saliva

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 12:45
Quote:
Bolly-Quin
June A. Saliva

Are we back to talking about DOK's Ladies Sticky again?

Illegitimi non carborundum

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 13:23
[twitter.com]

RugbyInsideLine‏ @RugbyInsideLine 16h16 hours ago
More
She has since deleted two further tweets.
1 reply 0 retweets 0 likes
Reply 1 Retweet Like Direct message
Thomas‏ @tttthomass 16h16 hours ago
More
He denies it...
1 reply 0 retweets 0 likes
Reply 1 Retweet Like Direct message
RugbyInsideLine‏ @RugbyInsideLine 16h16 hours ago
More
Yes because I got my wording wrong. I said he had signed already. I screwed up there.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 13:28
By the way, I should point out htat RIL is known for "form" with nonsense rumours.

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 15:06
RIL is an absolute muppet.

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

thomh (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 15:28
Presumably it's just clickbait written by someone with no actual inside line on anything?

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 21:00
Quote:
Scaramouche
Quote:
Bolly-Quin
June A. Saliva

Are we back to talking about DOK's Ladies Sticky again?

Oo-er!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net