rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

It's a concept I can't abide but.... Has JK "lost the dressing room"?
The Dead Baron (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 08:27
I always shudder when I hear that a football manager has "lost the dressing room" - professional sportspeople are privileged to be paid to do something most would give their eye teeth to do. Managers may come and go but the fans and the club will always be there, and players of a club should always play for them, as well as their own self esteem.

All that having been said, yesterday's performance very much feels like, well, the players can't be bothered any more. Their display, coupled with recent well documented disciplinary issues, rather feels like something is seriously wrong behind the scenes and there needs to be a shift in attitude, if not regime. So. Genuine question (and not just a knee-jerk "JK out" because of recent results) - Has JK lost the dressing room?

Re: It's a concept I can't abide but.... Has JK "lost the dressing room"?
HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 08:32
I think there needs to be some kind of proof before that phrase gets thrown around. Apart from the Yarde incident, what else is it based on?? (and judging by the rumors/reports, Yarde seems a bit of a berk and not many are sad to see him go).

Despite the performance yesterday the players looked together when celebrating the tries etc. I may not be a JK fan but nothing suggests to me this is the case

The Dead Baron (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 08:35
Fair dos. I wasn't being divisive or anything, it was a genuine question for discussion.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 08:43
Its a fair question. Based on the players signing new contracts, that points to me that things are ok.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 08:50
If everything Danny Care tried yesterday had come off we would scored about 70 points. He does seem to have free licence...

Illegitimi non carborundum

johnlid (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 09:03
I disagree with the statement that the players can't be bothered, they worked their socks off against a much improved Worcester side led by their new fly half. It's just that our defensive organisation was hopeless. No. it wasn't hopeless, it was non existent. With Visser pinned on the floor on the right flank, no-one thought to cover his left wing and that's where they scored

QuinAlan (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 09:09
He might have lost the fitness & recovery room, but not the "dressing room". In NFL speak we are 4&3 in the league & won yesterday with virtually a 2nd choice pack. Its hardly surprising that we cant show a solid defence with the depleted squad that we have. Smith has been fantastic & we have some seriously talented ball players in our backline. Get a full strength settled side out on the field & see how we perform.

DOK (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 09:50
If the players couldn't be bothered, we would not have won. Yes, there were a number of defensive lapses, even Robshaw missed one, but there were instances of players busting a gut to make that last defensive tackle - Charlie Walker for example.

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 10:12
I don’t think he’s lost the dressing room as many of those players will have been with Kingston for years and years so I suspect they like him.

I’m not sure how much respect they have for the ideas of the coaching team generally though based on what we’re seeing on the pitch.

Either they aren’t listening or they aren’t being told anything to start with. Neither is going to stand us in good stead for the season.

Aside from the players though I think JK is losing more and more of the crowd. There were quite a few murmurings of discontent yesterday about where the club is going and I haven’t heard that at the stadium for a long time.

#COYQ (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 09:30
The comments on the rugby highlights show were that we had 15 players playing individually rather than as a team.

I didn't see the whole match so don't know if that's a fair comment or not, but if it is then something's badly wrong.

DOK (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 09:48
Perhaps you should point out the context was poor defence, not the game as a whole.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 12:34
I spoke to someone high profile with good knowledge of the team and asked that exact question and was told that the players respect Kingston.

The person in question agreed somethijg wasnt working - but maintained there wasnt a falling out. He didnt have reason to lie.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/10/2017 20:37 by blucherquin.

fandg2 (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 19:32
Quote:
DOK
If the players couldn't be bothered, we would not have won.

Think you can ditto that for the 'A' team after Sunday's display. That makes it through the club and not just the 1st team

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net