rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

League Table Position
Dibden (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 17:14
We are on 20 points level with 3 other clubs ranked 5th.Pretty good you might say.Given our fixtures until the end of the year where do you predict we will be 1/1/18?

Re: League Table Position
Bucksquin (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 17:15
9th on current form (and looking at who we are playing and where).

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 17:38
Playing as we are and based on the teams we’ve got coming up I can’t see a win in our next 4 games.

Looking how tight it is behind us in the table that could leave us in 9th or 10th going into Big Game.

I think Northampton are better than us at the moment but that could change by then so I’ll optimistically say we’ll win that and be 8th come New Year.

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 17:27
Quote:
talkshowhost86
the teams we’ve got coming up I can’t see

What do the hieroglyphs mean?

akb1 (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 17:31
Quote:
QuickerQuin
Quote:
talkshowhost86

It's an apostrophe.

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 17:35
Quote:
akb1
Quote:
QuickerQuin
Quote:
talkshowhost86

It's an apostrophe.

I promise I won't do this to death, but why doesn't your apostrophe in It's have that effect?

SiBolton (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 17:36
Glass half full anyone?

Thought we played with some old Quins style in attack yesterday, OK defence was awful and that really didnt help, we where poor last weekend in most areas
Chiefs away maybe LBP
Bath Away watching what Glaws just did to them might have a chance
Sarries at home, a loss with nothing
Newcastle away maybe just scrape it
Saints at Big Stoop Win
And with usual Quins record Im sure there will plenty more highs and lows this season
That being said, if we carry on with that type of attack and can sort the defence out I think we have a good shot at 5th, but think well be 7th

29 October, 2017 17:57
Quote:
SiBolton
Glass half full anyone?

Thought we played with some old Quins style in attack yesterday, OK defence was awful and that really didn�t help, we where poor last weekend in most areas
Chiefs away maybe LBP
Bath Away watching what Glaws just did to them might have a chance
Sarries at home, a loss with nothing
Newcastle away maybe just scrape it
Saints at Big Stoop Win
And with usual Quins record I�m sure there will plenty more highs and lows this season
That being said, if we carry on with that type of attack and can sort the defence out I think we have a good shot at 5th, but think we�ll be 7th

Based on the last three games it’s very hard to be positive.

But it’s always very hard to predict too far ahead. If we get some players back it will help and teams generally are pretty inconsistent so we could catch someone on a bad day.

In the short term though I’m worried that we might get a real hammering at Sandy Park.

DOK (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 17:41
If we had the full first team fit + Marland Yarde, I'd worry about a real hammering at Sandy Park. smiling smiley

29 October, 2017 18:24
Quote:
DOK
If we had the full first team fit + Marland Yarde, I'd worry about a real hammering at Sandy Park. smiling smiley

I’m not sure if you’re saying we’d beat them with a full team or if you’re saying we’d lose no matter who we had fit.

Personally I think they are light years ahead of us as a club at the moment. Exactly what we should be aspiring to on and off the pitch.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 18:26
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Playing as we are and based on the teams we’ve got coming up I can’t see a win in our next 4 games.
Looking how tight it is behind us in the table that could leave us in 9th or 10th going into Big Game.

I think Northampton are better than us at the moment but that could change by then so I’ll optimistically say we’ll win that and be 8th come New Year.

Dunno, the games coming up are the sort of ones we turn up for...

29 October, 2017 18:53
Quote:
RodneyRegis
Quote:
talkshowhost86

Dunno, the games coming up are the sort of ones we turn up for...

True.

Although not so much this season.

Even the Wasps game now looks like it was more down to them than us when you consider the Champions Cup capitulation.

Other than that even though we were okay against La Rochelle and Leicester we still lost.

But I hope you’re right and we can get up for those games.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 21:38
If weve got Savea I reckon weve got more chance

akb1 (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 06:48
Quote:
QuickerQuin
Quote:
akb1
Quote:
QuickerQuin
Quote:
talkshowhost86

It's an apostrophe.

I promise I won't do this to death, but why doesn't your apostrophe in It's have that effect?
Not sure, different device/os/keyboard interpretation of special characters.

30 October, 2017 09:17
Quote:
akb1
Quote:
QuickerQuin
Quote:
akb1
Quote:
QuickerQuin
Quote:
talkshowhost86

It's an apostrophe.

Yup I typed my original message on an iPhone but now that I'm on my work computer (which I think is from before the stone age) that's appearing as gobbledygook.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 09:30
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Quote:
akb1
Quote:
QuickerQuin
Quote:
akb1
Quote:
QuickerQuin
Quote:
talkshowhost86

It's an apostrophe.

Yup I typed my original message on an iPhone but now that I'm on my work computer (which I think is from before the stone age) that's appearing as gobbledygook.

Reason if it were needed to flush the iphone.

30 October, 2017 09:52
Quote:
RodneyRegis
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Quote:
akb1
Quote:
QuickerQuin
Quote:
akb1
Quote:
QuickerQuin
Quote:
talkshowhost86

It's an apostrophe.

Reason if it were needed to flush the iphone.

But it makes me look so coooool!

To redress that coolness, I've just had a look at the next four fixtures of all teams and based on some rough predictions (not taking BPs into account as that's practically impossible to predict) I actually have us being 10th going into Christmas once we've played all 11 teams.

That's mainly based on the fact that quite a few teams are likely to pick up one or two wins in that period, but I think we're going to struggle to get any wins at all.

We'd be fairly close to 8th and 9th though so one win, or even a couple of bonus points, could see us in a better position. I still think 8th is the highest we're likely to be by Christmas.

GP2110 (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 12:37
For some perspective, the Roadmap (which I think is a useful tool) has us needing 21 points after GW 10 to finish 6th.

At present, we have 20 points so even if we only get 1 point from our next 3 (Exeter, Bath, Sarries), that would still leave us on track for Top 6 - at least as far as the Roadmap is concerned.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net