Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

New Hooker Loan
Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 15:17
Just announced

HARLEQUINS SIGN MIKE MAYHEW ON A THREE-MONTH LOAN
Tuesday, 31st October 2017 @ 15:33

HARLEQUINS IS TODAY (31ST OCTOBER 2017) PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THE SIGNING OF HOOKER MIKE MAYHEW FROM YORKSHIRE CARNEGIE ON A THREE-MONTH LOAN.

Harlequins Director of Rugby John Kingston said:

“Both Rob Buchanan and Joe Gray have recently had operations and will be out for a short while. With that in mind, we needed to identify someone who provided the necessary experience to come into the group for the next few months. Mike delivers exactly that.

"He is a dynamic, physical player who will suit our style of rugby.

"I know he is highly energised at the opportunity which has presented itself and I am sure he will make a significant contribution to the group in the time he is here.”

Mike is the older brother of former Harlequins prop Nic Mayhew.

Hopefully Buchanan & Gray won't be out too long, and also that Mike makes more of an impact than his brother did!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 31/10/2017 15:18 by Fearless Fred.

Re: New Hooker Loan
HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 15:24
Seems sensible

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 15:46
I hope he doesn't leapfrog Elia, as I think he has a lot of potential.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 15:36
Good to see we've got someone in. We interesting to see what he can do. Think there's a third brother as well. Might as well collect the whole set now!

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 15:41
Brother is a back rower I think

ACQuins (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 15:43
Sensible, given injuries and suspensions. Will hopefully be used as a backup to Elia squared.

I would love us to get a 3 month deal for an 8 in. Someone like Brad Shields who has finished his Mitre 10 season, isn't selected for ABs and has a gap before Super Rugby restarts, would be perfect. Good carrier, good tackler, good skill level, magnificent beard. Get him in JK!

Cookie (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 15:52
A little odd, for me. Ward's back in a fortnight (post AWC), so Elia and Piper could cover until then as on Saturday.

We have more stress in the back row.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 15:53
Unless Ward is needed for the back row

Cookie (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 15:55
Quote:
HonkyTonk

That's my point. We've had a hooker and a lock playing in the back row. Why not actually get a back rower in rather than a hooker?!?!

blucherquin (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 16:03
Back to my current bugbear of total lack of communication from the club's PR dept.

So we've been wondering about Buchanan and Gray and find out they're crocked only when we announce we've got injury cover.

It's infuriating.

akb1 (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 16:15
yep made me tut quite loud

Wildwillie (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 16:20
Mayhew scored 3 tries for us on Sunday. Please look after him.

(Sm134)

[allottie.blogspot.co.uk]

[www.northernpubs.co.uk]

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 16:20
I don't understand why people get so worked up about the club advising (or not) about injuries. Its not like it affects anything (selection wise). We find out the team when its announced, no point worrying all week **

**awaits incoming

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 16:24
Quote:
Cookie
Quote:
HonkyTonk

That's my point. We've had a hooker and a lock playing in the back row. Why not actually get a back rower in rather than a hooker?!?!

Maybe the hooker cover we can get is better than the back row cover we can get.

I agree though the more urgent injury cover need does appear to be in the back row.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 16:58
Quote:
ACQuins
Sensible, given injuries and suspensions. Will hopefully be used as a backup to Elia squared.
I would love us to get a 3 month deal for an 8 in. Someone like Brad Shields who has finished his Mitre 10 season, isn't selected for ABs and has a gap before Super Rugby restarts, would be perfect. Good carrier, good tackler, good skill level, magnificent beard. Get him in JK!

Nice! You obvs have some knowledge....Do you have any suggestions for Defence Coach. (Serious question..!)

Illegitimi non carborundum

fandg2 (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 19:23
Quote:
HonkyTonk
I don't understand why people get so worked up about the club advising (or not) about injuries. Its not like it affects anything (selection wise). We find out the team when its announced, no point worrying all week **
**awaits incoming

No incoming from me, totally agree with you. Why give the opposition any more info than you need to and as a fan I just get behind whatever team Quins put out and if someone's 'missing', there's obviously a good reason for it. I'd like to know the reason as a fan but accept I don't need to know.

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 20:01
Same here.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 21:46
Quote:
fandg2
Quote:
HonkyTonk
**awaits incoming

No incoming from me, totally agree with you. Why give the opposition any more info than you need to and as a fan I just get behind whatever team Quins put out and if someone's 'missing', there's obviously a good reason for it. I'd like to know the reason as a fan but accept I don't need to know.

Oh please - like we’re springing surprise selections on anyone. If a player isn’t getting selected for a non injury reason, fine, if it’s touch and go, fine - but it would be nice to know when we’ve got long term injuries. Particularly when we’re making such a big deal about our injuries.

The Cat is our big summer signing - so far no official word from Quins that he’s out until 2018.......pretty@#$%&if you ask me

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 21:54
No one's forcing you to get annoyed - just choose not to if it bothers you that much!

blucherquin (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 22:19
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
No one's forcing you to get annoyed - just choose not to if it bothers you that much!

No I like to get annoyed - it passes the time before watching the next thread where two particular posters have a big girly spat.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 31/10/2017 22:20 by blucherquin.

Dark Pies (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 22:22
Quote:
blucherquin
Back to my current bugbear of total lack of communication from the club's PR dept.
So we've been wondering about Buchanan and Gray and find out they're crocked only when we announce we've got injury cover.

It's infuriating.

Probably not unrelated to the club's Comms Manager, Callum Sheppard, leaving this week. (As retweeted by NLB...that's where I saw it) The club is a small business, so I imagine comms might be a bit erratic until they hire a replacement....

blucherquin (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 06:42
Quote:
Dark Pies
Quote:
blucherquin

It's infuriating.

Probably not unrelated to the club's Comms Manager, Callum Sheppard, leaving this week. (As retweeted by NLB...that's where I saw it) The club is a small business, so I imagine comms might be a bit erratic until they hire a replacement....

I thought the boss was Imogen someone?

T-Bone (IP Logged)
01 November, 2017 11:07
Quote:
Dark Pies
Quote:
blucherquin

It's infuriating.

I hope Mr Sheppard is better at CV writing and interviewing than he is at communications

Fursty (IP Logged)
02 November, 2017 10:59
Re the Cat and a lack of information - it's quite possible that his return date is unknown due to the severity and unusual nature of the injury.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net