rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Attendance v Worcester 12/11?
03 November, 2017 16:51
Presumably The Specials song 'Ghost town' will spring to mind that day??(Sm159)

Re: Attendance v Worcester 12/11?
Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
03 November, 2017 16:54
I plan on being there. A/W games often turn out to be good fun. I still think one of the loudest crowds we've had in recent years was for the LV Cup semi-final against Bath, when there were around 7k in the stands...

Hellequin (IP Logged)
03 November, 2017 17:14
Bit annoying to have these 2 London based games on Sundays, that won't help the attendances and atmosphere. Also won't help having played Worcester so recently.

03 November, 2017 17:53
To be fair, we have no choice next weekend, given the England vs Argentina game is on the Saturday...

DazzaS (IP Logged)
03 November, 2017 19:29
I don't know if I can get to Worcester game, I'm volunteering at Westminster for remembrance Sunday which starts at 7 in morning. So is question of fatigue and being able to get back after we can go.

never sleep (IP Logged)
03 November, 2017 20:01
Quote:
Fearless Fred
I plan on being there. A/W games often turn out to be good fun. I still think one of the loudest crowds we've had in recent years was for the LV Cup semi-final against Bath, when there were around 7k in the stands...
I always remember the try when Wallace offloaded to Williams to score. Fantastic day. The final up at sixways was a good day out too

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2017 07:53 by never sleep.

Hellequin (IP Logged)
03 November, 2017 20:23
Quote:
never sleep
Quote:
Fearless Fred
I always remember the try when Wallace offloaded to Williams to show. Fantastic day. The final up at sixways was a good day out too

One of my favourite days ever at the Stoop along with the AP semi vs Saints and the last 2 Sarries games having started watching Quins live at the beginning of 2011.

Great noise from a small committed crowd and a good day out. Also the difference between a group game and semi final will have played it's part as well as Quins popularity as reigning AP Champions providing an expectations to win everything along with their league placing at the time.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 02:15
Quote:
never sleep
Quote:
Fearless Fred
I always remember the try when Wallace offloaded to Williams to show. Fantastic day. The final up at sixways was a good day out too

The fingertip offload. Remains one of the best things I've ever seen on a rugby pitch.

never sleep (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 07:56
I have often looked on YouTube, etc for highlights of the semi final, but I have never found any. Does anyone know -Are there highlights anywhere?

SiBolton (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 09:33
Was a great game
Never found highlights either

Looking forward to next Sunday

And more to the point hoping we can get a result at Alines tomorrow

ChipsteadQuin (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 09:35
Always a great effort shown by the 2nd XV , everyone of them has a point to prove .

I think there was a couple of thousand there for the Exeter game I saw and that gave the team good support

More should come its good competitive rugby , and interestingly enough in some respects its better because its quieter , I particularly remember Visser organising the backs , you could hear all his calls and how he was telling the younger ones where to be and why .

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 13:49
No highlights, but have copy of full game. PM me smiling smiley

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 13:52
Just re-watched tries. Incredible.

04 November, 2017 15:03
That's the game where Tom Williams did a comedy flop over the tryline after collecting an intercept meant for Eastmond & racing in from our 22 to score under the posts, isn't it?

Robertquin (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 20:30
Wish it was on the Friday. Taking part in our local Remembrance Day ceremony and no trains due to engineering work. Booo.

peezee (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 20:46
Looks like you're offering half price tickets in south stand Wowcher 8 offer

WellingQuin (IP Logged)
06 November, 2017 10:46
Looking forward to Sunday but just a heads up for those travelling to Twickenham, there's a lot of engineering works and replacement bus services.

This effects me quite a lot so here's the full list from Southwestern in case anyone else may be have trouble:

Some lines between London Waterloo and Clapham Junction and all lines in the Barnes area will be closed all day Sunday for maintenance work.

Part of London Waterloo station will be closed and trains will use different platforms to normal.

All South Western Railway services will use platforms 5-8 at Vauxhall and platforms 7-11 at Clapham Junction.

Trains will run to and from London Waterloo on the lines which remain open, but the following services will be altered due to the line closures at Barnes.

-Services to and from Reading will be diverted between Clapham Junction and Twickenham, calling at Wimbledon and Kingston.

-An hourly train service will run between London Waterloo and Windsor & Eton Riverside, calling at all stations via Wimbledon and Kingston.

-An hourly train service will run between Richmond and Windsor & Eton Riverside.

-An hourly train service will run between Richmond and Kingston.

-Bus services will run between Clapham Junction and Twickenham, connecting with the above train services.

-Train services will run between Kew Bridge and Woking via Hounslow.

-Bus services will run between Clapham Junction and Kew Bridge.

-Circular services via Kingston and the afternoon train services to and from Kingston via Hounslow will not run. Please use other train services and replacement buses.

06 November, 2017 11:03
Phew, for once the engineering work on the Reading line doesn't actually hit me. I got fed up of that replacement bus to/from Hounslow...

never sleep (IP Logged)
06 November, 2017 11:18
I would recommend travelling on the tube if possible to either hounslow central or east and either catching a bus (the 281 goes close to the stadium) or, just get an uber from the tube station.
another alternative is to get off at gunnersbury or northfields and take a 267 - but this bus route can be slow (but not bad on a sunday)

never sleep (IP Logged)
06 November, 2017 11:32
Quote:
RodneyRegis
No highlights, but have copy of full game. PM me smiling smiley
Okay RR - I have PMed you.

Gords (IP Logged)
07 November, 2017 13:26
Save yourself the price of a pint! On the off chance there are a few people going on Sunday, if anyone wants a Rosbine parking pass, I have one I cant use. PM me and I'll stick it in the post. - Thanks this has now found a good home!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2017 13:42 by Gords.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
07 November, 2017 15:23
Nice!

Illegitimi non carborundum

ChipsteadQuin (IP Logged)
13 November, 2017 09:30

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
13 November, 2017 09:47
Seemed quite a good crowd for a Sunday, non-Prem game.

DOK (IP Logged)
13 November, 2017 09:54
What happened to counting the STHs? Or was it only them turned up?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net