03 November, 2017 18:20

Re: Polota-Nau
Barnetsarrie12 (IP Logged)
03 November, 2017 18:21
He would be a great signing. He is a world class Hooker

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
03 November, 2017 18:47
We were apparently interested last season (I believe he rumour was he was joining Exeter on a short term deal then us the following (this) season).

Cookie (IP Logged)
03 November, 2017 18:48
I said this weeks ago!!!!!!!!

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
03 November, 2017 18:49
What a mess.

drama Quin (IP Logged)
03 November, 2017 18:51
we'll break him anyway, like the rest of them

Quaking Quin (IP Logged)
03 November, 2017 19:17
Western who......?

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
03 November, 2017 20:49
Would be a useful signing, but a) his throwing is suspect, and b) he's prone to concussing himself just by looking at a tackle.

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

Hellequin (IP Logged)
03 November, 2017 21:49
Quote:
Jammy Git
Would be a useful signing, but a) his throwing is suspect, and b) he's prone to concussing himself just by looking at a tackle.

Sounds like he would be a perfect fit for us.

The Baptist (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 09:47
Although we were linked with him earlier in the year, I think we've missed the boat on this one. Looks like he's signing for Leicester.

Instead, we've signed that bloke from Yorkshire Carnegie. Great

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 16:03
Haw about Kwagga Smith for an emergency 7...

Navyquin (IP Logged)
06 November, 2017 13:01
With the rumours of Polota-Nau signing for Leicester that would move Harry Thacker further down the pecking order and Thacker in my opinion is exactly the sort of player we should be looking at.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
06 November, 2017 18:40
Quote:
Navyquin
With the rumours of Polota-Nau signing for Leicester that would move Harry Thacker further down the pecking order and Thacker in my opinion is exactly the sort of player we should be looking at.

Seems like he may be off to Bristol (Thacker)

Navyquin (IP Logged)
07 November, 2017 12:58
Quote:
HonkyTonk
Quote:
Navyquin

Seems like he may be off to Bristol (Thacker)

I think Bristol are intent on getting anyone and everyone on board for next season but also heard that rumour recently, thought he could be a good player for us.

Cookie (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 11:23
Confirmed as having signed for Leicester.

Opportunity missed.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 13:29
Quote:
Cookie
Confirmed as having signed for Leicester.
Opportunity missed.

Nah... we've got Elia winking smiley

WellingQuin (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 13:37
When I heard the rumour back in the Summer (or whenever it was) about Polota-Nau, I thought this would have been a great chance to get a good, experienced international hooker. Only then to be disappointed that nothing came of it.

But after seeing a few of Elia's performances, I'm really looking forward to seeing what else he brings to the team. I've enjoyed watching him so far and want to see him get more starts in the AP.

Cookie (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 06:59
Judging by his performance yesterday we really missed a trick here.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 07:30
I think I am right in saying he is joining Tigers now(immediately)??. If that is the case I doubt we were ever in for him. We currently have 5 hookers plus Mayhew on loan. You could argue that Polota-Nau could have joined instead of Mayhew but are we in a position to offer someone a full time contract?? I doubt he us cheap. I expect we will sign a hooker in the summer (with Gray off) but the timing prob wasn't right in terms of cap space.

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 09:44
Quote:
Cookie
Judging by his performance yesterday we really missed a trick here.

Shanked his first throw, but had a good first half. Gave away 2 dumb penalties though.

I'd say he was a qualified success, but at club level he'd be a wrecking ball and that would've been nice for us.

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net