rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site


Dino Lamb - Impressed!
Wyddy (IP Logged)
07 November, 2017 09:07
Must say when I first saw Dino Lamb I thought he might be a bit fallow to pitch in at this level - however every appearance I have seen so far I have been pretty impressed. He took it to another level against Sarries and his drive and motivation even playing from No8 was excellent, he really put himself about.

Kudos Dino... keep it up!

 
Re: Dino Lamb - Impressed!
T-Bone (IP Logged)
07 November, 2017 09:41
He's always looked decent when I've seen him play. Be good to get some decent back rowers through the academy again after a bit of a barren period since the days of Robshaw, Guest, Wallace, and to a lesser extent Trayfoot and York

 
Re: Dino Lamb - Impressed!
Stooperman (IP Logged)
07 November, 2017 09:47
Quote:
T-Bone
He's always looked decent when I've seen him play. Be good to get some decent back rowers through the academy again after a bit of a barren period since the days of Robshaw, Guest, Wallace, and to a lesser extent Trayfoot and York

Chisholm & CLifford?

 
Re: Dino Lamb - Impressed!
RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
07 November, 2017 09:51
Lad who went to Ireland?

 
Re: Dino Lamb - Impressed!
Cairns Family (IP Logged)
07 November, 2017 10:27
Quote:
RodneyRegis
Lad who went to Ireland?

Kieran Treadwell. I may be wrong but I thought he was a second row.

 
Re: Dino Lamb - Impressed!
talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
07 November, 2017 10:55
Agreed I thought Dino did well, particularly as he took a couple of nasty knocks throughout the game.

Certainly far from the finished article but think we've got something to work with there.

Also in the back row, I almost forgot Archie White was playing, and his name barely cropped up in commentary. Was I missing a lot of quietly effective work or was he just a bit anonymous?

Not writing him off either way btw, but just wondering if I missed something in his performance.

 
Re: Dino Lamb - Impressed!
never sleep (IP Logged)
07 November, 2017 11:17
I think White took a big knock and went off for a HIA. Unfortunately, after he came back on, he took another knock and needed another HIA.
So, unfortunately, he wasn't on the pitch for as long as the other guys.
(but, I may be mis-remembering)

 
Re: Dino Lamb - Impressed!
fandg2 (IP Logged)
07 November, 2017 11:43
Quote:
Cairns Family
Quote:
RodneyRegis
Lad who went to Ireland?

Kieran Treadwell. I may be wrong but I thought he was a second row.

You're not wrong, had the odd game at 8 at school boy level and did play 6 for quins in the A game over at Irish where the floodlits failed at HT but deffo taken on as a 4/5 not backrow

 
Re: Dino Lamb - Impressed!
T-Bone (IP Logged)
07 November, 2017 12:11
Quote:
Stooperman
Quote:
T-Bone
He's always looked decent when I've seen him play. Be good to get some decent back rowers through the academy again after a bit of a barren period since the days of Robshaw, Guest, Wallace, and to a lesser extent Trayfoot and York

Chisholm & CLifford?

ha ha, oops. Think before you post!

 
Re: Dino Lamb - Impressed!
Bucksquin (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 23:04
fallow? or callow?

 
Re: Dino Lamb - Impressed!
Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 01:32
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Agreed I thought Dino did well, particularly as he took a couple of nasty knocks throughout the game.
Certainly far from the finished article but think we've got something to work with there.

Also in the back row, I almost forgot Archie White was playing, and his name barely cropped up in commentary. Was I missing a lot of quietly effective work or was he just a bit anonymous?

Not writing him off either way btw, but just wondering if I missed something in his performance.

I think he and Boyce made something like 18 tackles each, so certainly not anonymous in defence.

 
Re: Dino Lamb - Impressed!
talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 11:01
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Agreed I thought Dino did well, particularly as he took a couple of nasty knocks throughout the game.
Certainly far from the finished article but think we've got something to work with there.

Also in the back row, I almost forgot Archie White was playing, and his name barely cropped up in commentary. Was I missing a lot of quietly effective work or was he just a bit anonymous?

Not writing him off either way btw, but just wondering if I missed something in his performance.

I think he and Boyce made something like 18 tackles each, so certainly not anonymous in defence.

Interesting.

I certainly noticed Boyce in defence but not so much from White. Shows what you can miss!


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 
 

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?