rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Trinder
HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 08:39
TRP say s we are interested in him for next season. Also we are now favourites to sign Auterac from Bath. I would take a punt and say we could be seeing Lambert move on. With Roberts prob going I would imagine we would look to have Salli/Sloan at 12 with Trinder/Marchant our 13s. good options if it happens.

Re: Trinder
Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 09:25
Good player but long injury history.

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 09:42
I'd love us to be linked with a high quality starting player with no huge downsides.

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

Cookie (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 09:44
What is our fascination with players with poor injury records??

Dave L (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 09:47
Quote:
Jammy Git
I'd love us to be linked with a high quality starting player with no huge downsides.

Yep! Good player but has a horrendous injury record.

Scrumhead (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 09:59
They're also linking us with Brad Shields.

I really like Trinder, Auterac and Shields as players but I'm not sure they're what we should be going for?

We have good depth at loosehead in particular so Auterac seems an odd one unless Lamber is moving on. If that is the case, then Auterac is a more established player to play second fiddle to Marler and allow Boyce a bit of time to develop.

I'd love Trinder but with Marchant looking like he real deal, he and Trinder would be competing to start rather than playing together. We need another 13 but probably more of a second choice to Marchant than Trinder would be IMO. His injury record is also a concern.

Shields would definitely be an injection of quality but it would probably mean dropping Robshaw or Clifford or playing one of them at 7.

If I were prioritising signings I'd be looking at a 12 to replace Roberts, a 7, a top quality lock to partner Horwill and possibly a winger to replace Yarde (as it may be too soon for Aspland-Robinson and Ibitoye).

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 10:28
I've rated Auterac for a long time. Very good player. When is Lambo's contract up? Is he likely to move on or retire?

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 10:10
Is the RPA role full time?

Illegitimi non carborundum

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2017 10:11 by Scaramouche.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 10:21
Gloucs are linked with Shields, not us

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 10:28
Quote:
Quinky Kin
I've rated Auterac for a long time. Very good player. When is Lambo's contract up? Is he likely to move on or retire?

Auterac has not been the same since injury and law changes, but he's young and there's still time.

Ayerza wannabe (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 12:44
Whats Cliffords contract status like?

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 17:16
Broken, probably

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 18:47
Quote:
Scaramouche
Is the RPA role full time?

No. Christian Day held it before Lambo was elected, and he is played whilst being RPA Head Honcho.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 19:17
Quote:
Scrumhead
They're also linking us with Brad Shields.
I really like Trinder, Auterac and Shields as players but I'm not sure they're what we should be going for?

We have good depth at loosehead in particular so Auterac seems an odd one unless Lamber is moving on. If that is the case, then Auterac is a more established player to play second fiddle to Marler and allow Boyce a bit of time to develop.

I'd love Trinder but with Marchant looking like he real deal, he and Trinder would be competing to start rather than playing together. We need another 13 but probably more of a second choice to Marchant than Trinder would be IMO. His injury record is also a concern.

Shields would definitely be an injection of quality but it would probably mean dropping Robshaw or Clifford or playing one of them at 7.

If I were prioritising signings I'd be looking at a 12 to replace Roberts, a 7, a top quality lock to partner Horwill and possibly a winger to replace Yarde (as it may be too soon for Aspland-Robinson and Ibitoye).

Watching today, ibitoye might never be ready for defending on the wing.

Scrumhead (IP Logged)
12 November, 2017 20:43
Dean Hammond looks like a handy player whenever I watch him. Only 25 too. I wouldn't mind if we went in for someone like him. Not a big name but proven Premiership standard and can cover 12, 13 and 14.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net