rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Dr Desperate Dan has been recalled...
Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
13 November, 2017 11:48
As injury cover. So, we might be another one down for next week...

Re: Dr Desperate Dan has been recalled...
talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
13 November, 2017 12:07
Can't Wales find injury cover from a team that isn't completely ravaged by injuries itself?

I'm genuinely concerned we won't be able to fill a squad at Sandy Park.

13 November, 2017 12:11
I think Scrum Half is our real concern for this weekend. I'm almost willing to bet we rope in a guest/loan player or two. Even if Smith is released back to us midweek, that would mean we have one fit half-back pairing of Lang & Smith (with Smith covering SH).

PeterboroughQuin (IP Logged)
13 November, 2017 12:15
Hasnt Exeter got any Welsh players they can call up?!

fandg2 (IP Logged)
13 November, 2017 12:48
Quote:
Fearless Fred
I think Scrum Half is our real concern for this weekend. I'm almost willing to bet we rope in a guest/loan player or two. Even if Smith is released back to us midweek, that would mean we have one fit half-back pairing of Lang & Smith (with Smith covering SH).

Luc Jones is the obvious one if we can prise him away from Richmond, as he was at least with us last season as injury cover

Postscript, scrub that idea, just seen he's been cited for a tip tackle at the week-end

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/11/2017 16:36 by fandg2.

16 November, 2017 10:59
Well, he's not in the Wales 23 announced for this w/e, so presumably he's available for selection for us if we want him.

https://image.ibb.co/dBJWHm/DOvv_Q36_Xc_AEgq9_J.jpg

fandg2 (IP Logged)
16 November, 2017 12:49
Quote:
fandg2
Quote:
Fearless Fred

Luc Jones is the obvious one if we can prise him away from Richmond, as he was at least with us last season as injury cover

Postscript, scrub that idea, just seen he's been cited for a tip tackle at the week-end

PPS Just seen the citing got dismissed so could be available for our next SH injury(Sm100)

blucherquin (IP Logged)
16 November, 2017 13:35
Quote:
Fearless Fred
Well, he's not in the Wales 23 announced for this w/e, so presumably he's available for selection for us if we want him.
https://image.ibb.co/dBJWHm/DOvv_Q36_Xc_AEgq9_J.jpg

For fear of starting an entire thread from this time last year again -- I seriously doubt it. He's got provisions to do with Wales in his contract and given I don't think he's appeared for us during an international window.

Bucksquin (IP Logged)
17 November, 2017 17:37
So if he's not required for the Wales squad (i.e. presumably he was released?) then why is he not helping the club that pays his salary by busting a gut to make himself available in our hour of need?

Maybe he has built-in 'holiday' provisions during the international window so that even if he isn;t selected he can read some more books or something, but (in the absence of the club explaining why he isn't in the match-day 23) it doesn't say much for Roberts, does it?

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
17 November, 2017 17:39
He's a travelling reserve for Wales this weekend. What does that say about him?

Quinkent (IP Logged)
17 November, 2017 17:41
JK’s video on Twitter says Roberts is still with Wales’s squad, so that’s why he’s not with us.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
17 November, 2017 20:10
Quote:
Bucksquin
So if he's not required for the Wales squad (i.e. presumably he was released?) then why is he not helping the club that pays his salary by busting a gut to make himself available in our hour of need?
Maybe he has built-in 'holiday' provisions during the international window so that even if he isn;t selected he can read some more books or something, but (in the absence of the club explaining why he isn't in the match-day 23) it doesn't say much for Roberts, does it?

Because O Shea let him sign a contract that prioritised Wales over Quins. Says more about him than Roberts.

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
17 November, 2017 23:37
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
He's a travelling reserve for Wales this weekend. What does that say about him?

He's already got his Senior rail card?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net