rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Kitto signs as short term scrum-half cover
Linkinquin (IP Logged)
13 November, 2017 19:50
[www.quins.co.uk]

HARLEQUINS IS TODAY (MONDAY 13TH NOVEMBER) PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THE SIGNING OF SCRUM-HALF JONO KITTO ON A SHORT-TERM DEAL.

After picking up a number of scrum-half injuries over the last month, Director of Rugby John Kingston has brought in the former New Zealand U20 international with immediate effect.

Kingston commented: “I am delighted we have agreed terms with Jono to come into Harlequins immediately. The injuries in the scrum-half position meant we needed to find the necessary experience and expertise for a tough and important phase of our season.

“Jono fits that criteria and having spoken at length with him, I also know he is the type of character who will fit into the environment we are building at Harlequins.”

The 25-year-old’s previous clubs include Leicester Tigers and Worcester Warriors.

Player Profile
Name: Jono Kitto
D.O.B: 30/03/1992
Height 5’9”
Weight: 85kg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/11/2017 19:51 by Linkinquin.

Re: Kitto signs as short term scrum-half cover
HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
13 November, 2017 20:06
Happy with that, better than what I expected at short notice. Did not realise he was without a club currently.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
13 November, 2017 20:07
Good. Liked him at tigers.

Ayerza wannabe (IP Logged)
13 November, 2017 20:17
He's a good player IMO.

We needed the funds by the sounds of it to get TPN, so he was released as we have two highly rated 9's coming up.

But he always puts in a shift when he plays and he is aggressive around the pitch.

TeddingtonQuin (IP Logged)
13 November, 2017 21:18
Good news and definitely needed with 2 broken yesterday

I thought Marcus did well out of position but of course we need him in his usual one!

West Stand, Block FD, Row S
@JT075 #COYQ

Boonie (IP Logged)
13 November, 2017 21:21
Phew! Good to have someone with a bit of experience.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to bleat about it all over the internet"

blucherquin (IP Logged)
13 November, 2017 21:39
I must have missed something - when did we lose all our 9s?

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
13 November, 2017 21:46
I am going to put 2 + 2 together and probably get 5 but.......

Waters and Saunders only got injured yesterday. Could be too early to tell how bad if at all. Care we know is away for the next two weeks. That leaves Mulchrone and Lewis. We know Mulchrone had an op on his ankle. Lewis was injured hence no show on Sunday. I think Lewis may be out for a while also. It was a quick turn around to get Kitto if we only started looking after yesterdays game. JK mentions getting someone of the "experience" and also speaking "at length". I think he may have joined whether Waters and Saunders were injured or not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/11/2017 21:47 by HonkyTonk.

Samquin (IP Logged)
13 November, 2017 22:10
Where is Karl Dickson when you need him!!!

Welcome to the club Jono.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 08:08
Quote:
Samquin

Well he wasn't too hard to track down at the weekend -- anyone else watch him reffing the Scarlets v Chiefs game? Thought he did alright. Pretty high profile thing to do very quickly isn't it? Good on him.

harlequinade (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 08:24
Excellent news. Really good whenever he pulled on a Tigers shirt.

There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 10:11
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
Samquin

Well he wasn't too hard to track down at the weekend -- anyone else watch him reffing the Scarlets v Chiefs game? Thought he did alright. Pretty high profile thing to do very quickly isn't it? Good on him.

Apparently he's going to be reffing the Gloucester/Sarries game on Friday, according to the journo/blogger Emma Thurston. If that's right, that's a quick rise up the ranks!

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 10:46
Credit where it's due this is probably as good an injury replacement as the club could get, and it's been done quickly which is important considering our disastrous list of injuries at Scrum Half.

I agree with HonkyTonk that it looks like this was planned in advance, and if so well done to JK and the club for sorting out what could have been a real issue pretty quickly.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 12:46
JK must go!

To the top of the class....

Illegitimi non carborundum

Cookie (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 12:49
Quote:
Scaramouche
JK must go!

It was just a matter of time. Intended as a joke, obviously, but, seriously, can we try and get through one post without it?

Good work by all involved getting this sorted. Sounds like the best solution we could have hoped for.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 13:48
Sorry my friend but who made you Forum Policeman?

Cookie (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 13:54
Not policing anything, just saying my bit. Last time I looked we lived in a democracy.

As has been said before, there's enough 'JK Out' chatter that we don't need it bandied around on positive posts as it creates the atmosphere that it's all we talk about.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 14:01
Goodoh. I realise not everybody likes everything everyone else posts but your phrasing was a little irksome. I will certainly think before ruining another thread with yet another poor attempt at humour. In return may be you could be a little less well, you know, with some of your posting. Thanks! smiling smiley

Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 14:13
Quote:
Cookie
Quote:
Scaramouche
JK must go!

It was just a matter of time. Intended as a joke, obviously, but, seriously, can we try and get through one post without it?

Good work by all involved getting this sorted. Sounds like the best solution we could have hoped for.

I don't see why JK shouldn't get some credit for something good, considering the amount of stick he gets for everything bad. smiling smiley

BB

Cookie (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 15:44
Quote:
Brown Bottle
Quote:
Cookie
Quote:
Scaramouche
JK must go!

I don't see why JK shouldn't get some credit for something good, considering the amount of stick he gets for everything bad. smiling smiley

That's my point. And he is being given credit, myself included. So it's silly to throw in a JK-bashing comment.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 16:11
Shoorly shum mishtake! My post was very pro JK as are all my posts if you read them (completely understand if you don't) so my apologies for misunderstanding your misunderstanding...smiling smiley

T-Bone (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 16:26
Looked to me to be a post giving praise to JK, in a (mildly!) amusing fashion. Considerably less tedious than the puns

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 16:29
It's impressive how the pro JK brigade are as successful at bringing down a pro JK thread as anyone else.

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 17:14
Quote:
talkshowhost86
It's impressive how the pro JK brigade are as successful at bringing down a pro JK thread as anyone else.

And who has done that? Deadly? Not all! Guilt pangs?

Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 13:49
Quote:
Cookie
That's my point. And he is being given credit, myself included. So it's silly to throw in a JK-bashing comment.

I think you misread Scaramouche's post.

BB

TeddingtonQuin (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 14:04
Quote:
Fearless Fred
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
Samquin

Apparently he's going to be reffing the Gloucester/Sarries game on Friday, according to the journo/blogger Emma Thurston. If that's right, that's a quick rise up the ranks!

I guess the AI's suck in some of the top refs so they bring in some new blood to the AP as cover. Great for KD to get the gig, unf he won't be reffing us at the Stoop other than his amusing vids on the big screens!

West Stand, Block FD, Row S
@JT075 #COYQ

Cookie (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 14:59
Quote:
Brown Bottle
Quote:
Cookie

I know it was a joke. But it's the drip-drip of the misuse of the JK Out wording that creates an incorrect perception that it's more prevalent than it actually is.

akb1 (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 15:49
Quote:
Cookie
Quote:
Brown Bottle
Quote:
Cookie

I know it was a joke. But it's the drip-drip of the misuse of the JK Out wording that creates an incorrect perception that it's more prevalent than it actually is.

You could have ignored it and it would IMO have gone in the main unnoticed/ignored and been a non issue, however...

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 20:50
Quote:
Cookie
Quote:
Brown Bottle
Quote:
Cookie

Don't be silly.

By all means complain that it's tired and unfunny - which is true - but let's not try and twist this to "it's the people making jokes about JK Out which make it seem like there's always people calling for his head for the most ridiculous of reasons".

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

Bucksquin (IP Logged)
17 November, 2017 17:53
Perhaps we could mark any post that's praising JK "OT" ...? That would sort it out!

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 10:36
I cant tell if there is more support for JK in or JK out. The JK Out lobby are certainly vociferous but the JK In gang also do a sterling job. I suspect the indifferent people form a pretty big group too.

MrOther (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 11:10
Quote:
Scaramouche
I cant tell if there is more support for JK in or JK out. The JK Out lobby are certainly vociferous but the JK In gang also do a sterling job. I suspect the indifferent people form a pretty big group too.

Indifference out.

Can't stand people who don't take a stand.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 22:13
The Apathetic Majority.....

MrOther (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 22:55
Quote:
Scaramouche
The Apathetic Majority.....

.... deserve to be disenfranchised.

(Think about it.)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net