14 November, 2017 13:24
Fingers crossed we dont break him!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Re: Auterac to join from Barf?
talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 13:43
Quote:
Rugbypass
He will join Joe Marler, Kyle Sinckler and Will Collier at the Stoop and come under the tutelage of Graham Rowntree and Adam Jones, creating a front row unit at Quins with enviable depth and intellectual property.

Hooray for enviable intellectual property!

Stooperman (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 16:24
Obviously following the Cockerill school of team building...spend as much money as possible on props!

PQ2 (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 08:22
Quoting the article:

"Auterac had been pushing for England inclusion before a string of injuries hit....."

- Sounds perfect for us. (Sm19)

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 08:42
Straight on to the injury list, or not...

(Autocue - insert conspiracy theory here)

Fursty (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 11:03
He's obviously 'accurate kin' for Quins.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 12:17
Quote:
Fursty
He's obviously 'accurate kin' for Quins.

Nice!

15 November, 2017 12:27
If he can remain fit, this would really give us some great options at prop. With those four (Marler, Sinckler, Collier and Auterac) together with the likes of Boyce, McNulty and Hollenstein coming through we'd be in a great position.

Just hope we give them a better selection of hookers to work with.

But personally I see this is a positive in looking at what we're trying to do next season.

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 13:01
Quote:
talkshowhost86
If he can remain fit, this would really give us some great options at prop. With those four (Marler, Sinckler, Collier and Auterac) together with the likes of Boyce, McNulty and Hollenstein coming through we'd be in a great position.

But personally I see this is a positive in looking at what we're trying to do next season.

How quickly we forget Swainston.

Awful lot of punts being taken on props by Quins (insert same argument as when we announced Boyce)

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 13:02
Would it be fair to say that next year JK will be fair game for criticism as he will have had control of Players comings and goings for long enough to accept that it is his squad?

Top four minimum?

15 November, 2017 13:35
Quote:
Jammy Git
Quote:
talkshowhost86

Awful lot of punts being taken on props by Quins (insert same argument as when we announced Boyce)

I think Auterac is a bit different to Boyce in that he’s played more at a decent level already.

As for Swainston he always looked like a relatively short term option but if he gets more time this season we can judge him a bit more.

TeddingtonQuin (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 14:00
Don't forget Josh 'The Beast 2' Ibuanokpe who's made a couple of barnstorming cameos in the AW last couple of weeks

West Stand, Block FD, Row S
@JT075 #COYQ

15 November, 2017 14:24
Quote:
TeddingtonQuin
Don't forget Josh 'The Beast 2' Ibuanokpe who's made a couple of barnstorming cameos in the AW last couple of weeks

Yup he's looked excellent in those two games. Will presumably need to do lots of work in the scrum, but again adds more depth to our prop-options.

TeddingtonQuin (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 19:35
He stabilised our scrum when he came on in the Salarycens game. They were pushing us around the place until our replacements came on. I think he's that solid that it's a difficult job to shift him once he's settled!

West Stand, Block FD, Row S
@JT075 #COYQ

Jammy Git (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 20:56
Quote:
talkshowhost86
Quote:
Jammy Git
Quote:
talkshowhost86

I think Auterac is a bit different to Boyce in that he’s played more at a decent level already.

As for Swainston he always looked like a relatively short term option but if he gets more time this season we can judge him a bit more.

Auterac isn't quite the same, no, but he's also a gamble.

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

Mayor West (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 21:14
Assuming we have four options each at tight and loose head , we have Marler, Lambert, Boyce and Holenstein at loose . Collier, Sinkler, Swainston, McNulty and Ibuanopke at tight. Does this mean we are going for five a side now? Or have I got my tights and looses in a twist.

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 22:00
There's also George Head at loosey, so if you're including Big Josh as an academy player it only seems fair to include not so big George.

Mayor West (IP Logged)
16 November, 2017 07:52
George was playing hooker against Saracens. Is that because we have none left and he can cover.

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
16 November, 2017 11:30
Presume so. I think we had more players out of position than in position in that game.

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
16 November, 2017 11:40
As I counted it we had:

3 Scrum hales starting (One at wing, one at FB, and Mulchrone having been in the matchday 23 two days earlier for the Prem game)
A Loosie playing Hooker
A Tightie playing in 2nd row
A Hooker playing backrow
6 guest players
an empty spot on the bench
And Bomb named as a FR replacement even though he was actually coaching the team! (You can actually hear him say on the video that's linked in a separate thread that he's got his boots & his kit is there if he needs to change into it).

Since then, we've lost those three scrum-halves as well!

PQ2 (IP Logged)
16 November, 2017 13:48
Quote:
Fearless Fred

3 Scrum halves starting
A Loosie playing Hooker
A Tightie playing in 2nd row
A Hooker playing backrow
6 guest players
an empty spot on the bench
And Bomb named as a FR replacement even though he was actually coaching the team!

....And a partridge in a pear treeeeeeeee !

[Sorry. I'll get me coat.]

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
16 November, 2017 14:36
Here's your coat song, PQ2

On the twelfth day of Christmas
My Quins team sent to me:
12 Injured players
11 Wingers leaving
10 Fans a weaping
9 Ladies OT-ing
8 Easters eating
7 Wallaces missing
6 Robshaws playing
5 Centres crashing
4 Calling line outs
3 Sin-binnings
2 Scrum halves
and JK in a Christmas Tree

(Sm107)

Edited for spelin...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/11/2017 20:14 by Bolly-Quin.

Roaming Quin (IP Logged)
16 November, 2017 14:49
Bolly-Quin think we should have this as a song for the last home game of the season, do you think they'd put words on the screen at HT for Christmas Kareoke. Lol

Mayor West (IP Logged)
16 November, 2017 20:10
Bravo Bolly! Merrickristmas everybody.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net