rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

So whatís the plan for Sunday?
SiBolton (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 13:12
We have Sarries coming to the Stoop who have just had two games beaten on the bounce
The internationals are over, and we still have a very very slim chance of getting out of our Pool in Europe
Iím thinking internationals will be rested and used in Ulster game/ games depending on result, and expect Sarries to turn up with all their internationals on Sunday.
We are 7 points off from top 4, and 12 points of bottom of premiership
And as for Champions cup we need a miracle to happen

Re: So whatís the plan for Sunday?
Stooperman (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 13:37
I'm not sure, but I think the plan is roughly:

Ship the ball from left to right quite slowly, get tackled, ship it back again from right to left, drop ball, lose scrum, miss tackles, concede points.

Repeat ad infinitum.

DOK (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 13:45
And if we get a penalty and kick to touch 5 metres from the Saracens line, ensure the subsequent line out is overthrown or involves giving Saracens a penalty.

Dark Pies (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 13:54
I'll be extremely disappointed and annoyed if we don't go into the Sarries match all-guns-blazing with the best team we can put out, a good plan and everyone as fired up for it as they were the last 2 yrs. Its a must-win.

We simply can't afford to lose more ground in the Prem or Top 6 will start to look more and more difficult....there are no easy games of course but the only 'winnable' Prem fixtures on the immediate horizon on current form are Falcons at Home in Feb and then Irish at Home in April. (Excluding Big Game as we always seem out of sorts for that and anything can happen!)

We'd be mad to put all the focus on Champions Cup when we have no realistic chance of progressing.

Also: i'm going to the Sarries match and not the Ulster match...

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 14:06
If we rest anyone for this game with the Champions Cup in mind then I have no idea what the management are thinking.

After the Bath debacle, we need a morale boosting performance, even if a win is extremely unlikely.

Hard to see us getting much out of it so my main hope will be that London Irish don't pick up a win at Gloucester. It only takes one win from them to have us looking quite frantically over our shoulders.

Boonie (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 14:17
Win.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to bleat about it all over the internet"

Dave L (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 14:19
Aside from the Robshaw's, none of them have played that much over the last few weeks.

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 14:47
Quote:
talkshowhost86
If we rest anyone for this game with the Champions Cup in mind then I have no idea what the management are thinking.
After the Bath debacle, we need a morale boosting performance, even if a win is extremely unlikely.

Hard to see us getting much out of it so my main hope will be that London Irish don't pick up a win at Gloucester. It only takes one win from them to have us looking quite frantically over our shoulders.

+1 thumbs down

TW Quin (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 15:24
We are sliding down the table and self confidence must be low after last couple of weeks. We must put out a full strenght side - surely?

never sleep (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 15:51
I am not sure if "full strength side" or "the best team we can put out" is any different from "the only 23 players left standing".
I wouldn't blame the club for resting the Robshaws - they probably need a week off. But, with Chis cited and Ben Glynn maybe needed as a lock, we are short of back rows. Also, if Laing plays at f/h and Roberts is in Wales, be may be without any centres.
As a plan - could everyone remember to bring a Quins shirt and their boots on Sunday.

We may have to use Elia and Piper as hookers and Ward + White = Mat in the back row with Lamb on the bench.
Visser and Chis as wings with Alofa + Walker at Centre. Ibitoye on the bench

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/11/2017 15:56 by never sleep.

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 15:55
How about -

Marler
Elia
Sink
Horwill
Glynn
Robshaw
Ward
Luamanu
Care
Lang
Visser
Alofa
Cheeseman
Walker
Brown

Boyce
Mayhew
Collier
Lamb
White
Prior
Kitto
Chisholm

Not bad, plus there are a few players with question marks over whether they are fit (Salli, Bothma, Merrick, Smith etc) so i could be better. As for resting anyone, no chance, we have 2 European games to rest people.

Nemoquin (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 16:05
Counting the Anglo-Welsh, Saracens have lost four in a row. Presumably their fans are also calling for mass sacking.

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 16:07
Is it time for the Real Quins?

Stooperman (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 16:09
Quote:
Nemoquin
Counting the Anglo-Welsh, Saracens have lost four in a row. Presumably their fans are also calling for mass sacking.

Sarries Aviva points difference +135
Quins Aviva points difference - 23

If they do sack him, I think we should pick up Mark Mcall in a heartbeat (Sm128)

Cookie (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 16:19
Quote:
Nemoquin

I don't suppose they'll be too worried about sitting 2nd in the league and top of their CC group and a nice easy game to come on Sunday.

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 16:24
Quote:
Cookie
Quote:
Nemoquin

I don't suppose they'll be too worried about sitting 2nd in the league and top of their CC group and a nice easy game to come on Sunday.

Having won the Champions Cup for the last two years.

Yeah...in many ways they are extremely comparable to Quins' current position.

eye rolling smiley

Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 16:25
Will be extremely surprised (and disappointed) if we do not field all of our international returnees, once you start deliberately fielding weaker sides for matches you are asking for trouble.

SiBolton (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 17:35
Quote:
Bedfordshire Boy
Will be extremely surprised (and disappointed) if we do not field all of our international returnees, once you start deliberately fielding weaker sides for matches you are asking for trouble.

Couldnít agree more B.B., but think we have to take into account we have pretty much ( although sad to say it) next to no chance in Europe, so would think it will be a full strength as can be Sunday

Yareet (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 21:05
Quote:
never sleep
Also, if Laing plays at f/h and Roberts is in Wales, be may be without any centres.

I may have missed something but how would Roberts be Wales? Prem clubs donít release players for tests held out of the window.

Yareet (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 21:20
Quote:
Yareet
Quote:
never sleep
Also, if Laing plays at f/h and Roberts is in Wales, be may be without any centres.

I may have missed something but how would Roberts be Wales? Prem clubs donít release players for tests held out of the window.

Ignore me. Just seen the other thread

Kent Fan (IP Logged)
28 November, 2017 08:55
Bath are in trouble for releasing Toby to Wales Quins will face a similar sanction.

SiBolton (IP Logged)
28 November, 2017 19:46
Pests and Tiggers happily announcing all their internationals will be back
Heard a few Welsh players being mentioned as back on scrum V but no mention of the Doctor
Suppose we will just have to wait and see
Either way canít see it being a good Sunda6 afternoon

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
28 November, 2017 19:50
its on another thread, Roberts and the internationals are all back, plus Bothma, Merrick and maybe Salli.

never sleep (IP Logged)
28 November, 2017 19:52
Quote:
SiBolton
Either way canít see it being a good Sunda6 afternoon
I know what you mean. Beating Sarries at the Stoop every time is getting a bit boring now.

The Bard (IP Logged)
28 November, 2017 20:45
Surely your plan is do what you've done the last two seasons. This game seems to be your cup final!

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
28 November, 2017 22:11
Quote:
The Bard
Surely your plan is do what you've done the last two seasons. This game seems to be your cup final!

After this game, we are going to cross the Thames, the waters will part, and we'll scrape a win against Battersea Ironsides...

Allegedly...

New Forest Quin (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 09:15
Quote:
SiBolton
We have Sarries coming to the Stoop who have just had two games beaten on the bounce
The internationals are over, and we still have a very very slim chance of getting out of our Pool in Europe
Iím thinking internationals will be rested and used in Ulster game/ games depending on result, and expect Sarries to turn up with all their internationals on Sunday.
We are 7 points off from top 4, and 12 points of bottom of premiership
And as for Champions cup we need a miracle to happen

Its Sunday and so a perfect time to pray!

Fanski (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 11:25
What we will do is concede easy points and lose as we do against most decent sides

then with 10 minutes to go we will batter their line and say we have to learn and do better next time and there are positives to take from the defeat

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 11:37
Well, if your plan is to come in on the Reading - Waterloo line, be prepared for major delays & bus replacements. The line is closed in the Virginia Water area. Trains will run as far as Staines, then it's a replacement bus service through as far as Reading. You have the alternative of 3 changes going via Windsor & Eton Riverside - W&E Central, & Slough to get to Reading. (Sm31)

T-Bone (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 12:01
The things we can be certain of are that we will take the pain from the last two weeks to the game. We will prepare really well during the week. We will not use injuries as an excuse (just as well as according to various players on twitter we only actually have 13 injured players). Then we'll concede 30 points.

The unknown is whether we'll switch on, put in some effort and score 31 or more points.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 17:17
Quote:
T-Bone
The things we can be certain of are that we will take the pain from the last two weeks to the game. We will prepare really well during the week. We will not use injuries as an excuse (just as well as according to various players on twitter we only actually have 13 injured players). Then we'll concede 30 points.
The unknown is whether we'll switch on, put in some effort and score 31 or more points.

Youíre really refusing to listen to people correcting you on this. Kingston said 30 missing not 30 injured. Who is in the picture? Are all the injured players we know about in it? Does in include the injured academy players who are part of the 30?

Hereís just a few of our injuries:

Buchanan, Gray, Twomey, South, Bothma, Wallace, Clifford, Mulchrone, Lewis, Walters, Saunders, Catrakalis, Marchant, Stanley, Saili, Morris, which is 16 already not including a load of other academy injuries.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/11/2017 17:50 by blucherquin.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 20:05
Well anyway.

Marler
Elia
Sink
Horwill
Matthews?
Robshaw
Clifford?
Bothma?

Care
Smith
Visser
Roberts
Marchant?
Walker
Brown

Ward
Lambert
Collier
Glynn
Luamanu
Kitto
Lang
Saili?

Could also pick holenstein, boyce, ibitoye, prior, sloan? Alofa.

Lots of maybes. I really dont think that players like waters and saunders beong injured makes a great dwal of difference unless there's nobody fit ahead of them.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 20:12
Added some answers

Quote:
RodneyRegis
Well anyway.
Marler
Elia
Sink
Horwill
Matthews? (unlikely v bad concussion)
Robshaw
Clifford? (nope not back until 2018 sometime)
Bothma? (possibly)

Care
Smith (has to pass HIA protocols)
Visser
Roberts
Marchant? (nope not back until into 2018)
Walker
Brown

Ward
Lambert
Collier
Glynn
Luamanu
Kitto
Lang
Saili? (still has to pass HIA protocols)

Could also pick holenstein, boyce, ibitoye, prior, sloan? Alofa.

Lots of maybes. I really dont think that players like waters and saunders beong injured makes a great dwal of difference unless there's nobody fit ahead of them.them both being injured is specifically the reason we ended up having to sign two scrum halves. we had 4/5 scrum halves out of action

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/11/2017 20:19 by blucherquin.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 20:34
It's not specifically the reason. Had they been fit we would have needed cover. Or at least, we would have got it if he had any aspirations to finish top half of the table.

From the update a couple of weeks back:

Bothma - now training, so depends on that
Clifford - is back
Marchant - is back
Saili - taking it day to day, hopes 1 week

I know Clifford re-did his shoulder, what happened to Marchant?

blucherquin (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 22:26
Quote:
RodneyRegis
It's not specifically the reason. Had they been fit we would have needed cover. Or at least, we would have got it if he had any aspirations to finish top half of the table.
From the update a couple of weeks back:

Bothma - now training, so depends on that
Clifford - is back
Marchant - is back
Saili - taking it day to day, hopes 1 week

I know Clifford re-did his shoulder, what happened to Marchant?

I get your point on the 9s but the reason theyíre on the list by name and some other injured academy players arenít is Kingston listed them first because he was talking about Care being his only fit 9. I gave up writing down the academy injuries because it got boring.

Anyway - to again fill in the gaps...
@
Jk said Bothma may play but he didnít so who knows
Saili - just keeps taking tests
Clifford lasted the pre match warm up
Marchant did his hamstring

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2017 06:53 by blucherquin.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 11:54
15. Mike Brown (287)
14. Charlie Walker (75)
13. Alofa Alofa (38)
12. Jamie Roberts (39)
11. Tim Visser (46)
10. Marcus Smith (12)
9. Danny Care (233)
1. Joe Marler (158)
2. Elia Elia (7)
3. Will Collier (117)
4. George Merrick (69)
5. James Horwill (Captain, 49)
6. Renaldo Bothma (-)
7. Chris Robshaw (247)
8. Mat Luamanu (51)

16. Dave Ward (127)
17. Lewis Boyce (6)
18. Kyle Sinckler (106)
19. Dino Lamb (7)
20. Archie White (9)
21. Jono Kitto (2)
22. James Lang (10)
23. Ross Chisholm (81)

so not as good as I though, but not as bad as yours BQ smiling smiley

blucherquin (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 18:08
Quote:
RodneyRegis
15. Mike Brown (287)
14. Charlie Walker (75)
13. Alofa Alofa (38)
12. Jamie Roberts (39)
11. Tim Visser (46)
10. Marcus Smith (12)
9. Danny Care (233)
1. Joe Marler (158)
2. Elia Elia (7)
3. Will Collier (117)
4. George Merrick (69)
5. James Horwill (Captain, 49)
6. Renaldo Bothma (-)
7. Chris Robshaw (247)
8. Mat Luamanu (51)

16. Dave Ward (127)
17. Lewis Boyce (6)
18. Kyle Sinckler (106)
19. Dino Lamb (7)
20. Archie White (9)
21. Jono Kitto (2)
22. James Lang (10)
23. Ross Chisholm (81)

so not as good as I though, but not as bad as yours BQ smiling smiley

Ha. Well it's great to have Merrick out there. Bench horrific but should be fun.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net