rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

The Quins Discipline system
Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
28 November, 2017 15:09
From the Standard.

Interesting to get a better idea of JKs disciplinary system that led to MY's departure...

Re: The Quins Discipline system
Jammy Git (IP Logged)
28 November, 2017 15:14
Of all the teams to choose to learn discipline from, he picked ARSENAL?!

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
28 November, 2017 15:26
"The Discipline System" sounds like a book by J.G. Ballard

NicoWilson (IP Logged)
28 November, 2017 15:27
Interesting that Step Two is community service.

Does this mean that when we've seen a player at e.g. a hospital it suggests that they've been naughty?

akb1 (IP Logged)
28 November, 2017 15:27
“We have something called ‘the culture club’ at Quins, the senior group of players, and I can canvass their opinion,” said Kingston

oh dear, Sarries have the wolfpack and we have the culture club.

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
28 November, 2017 15:33
Quote:
NicoWilson
Does this mean that when we've seen a player at e.g. a hospital it suggests that they've been naughty?

Reading the following paragraph, I think any "Community Service" sentence is based around doing something at the club (examples given include cleaning the seats in the stands, phoning fans who haven't renewed ST to find out why, etc...)

NicoWilson (IP Logged)
28 November, 2017 15:48
Quote:
Fearless Fred
Quote:
NicoWilson

Reading the following paragraph, I think any "Community Service" sentence is based around doing something at the club (examples given include cleaning the seats in the stands, phoning fans who haven't renewed ST to find out why, etc...)

I've seen that now. Thanks.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
28 November, 2017 16:06
Disciplinary system sounds fine. Not sure why JK feels that Yarde being sacked was a failure on both sides. If the system was set out from the beginning and they went through the different steps, then surely only Marland to blame? If they jumped from step 1 to 4, then club maybe more to blame, but doesn't sound like that was the case.

Anyway, it is interesting that he felt that discipline was the one key thing that needed changing. CoS too nice maybe. But then again maybe another way of blaming CoS for something only CoS would have been in charge of, not something the other coaches had a say in. Only those at the club will know.

Still, I'd rather JK had said the one thing to focus on was inconsistency, weak mentality away from home, shoddy defence, etc.

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
28 November, 2017 21:50
Quote:
akb1
“We have something called ‘the culture club’ at Quins, the senior group of players, and I can canvass their opinion,” said Kingston
oh dear, Sarries have the wolfpack and we have the culture club.

The Culture Club made more money than Sarries, and got bigger audiences...(Sm100)

Kent Fan (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 10:26
I’ve never had a call to ask why we no longer have STs

Cookie (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 11:28
Shame it can't be transferred to dealing with our on-field disciplinary issues.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 11:41
Quote:
Cookie
Shame it can't be transferred to dealing with our on-field disciplinary issues.

This. Considerably more important at the moment.

Sort out team culture if necessary by all means, but as an ongoing job, not an immediate focus. Maybe he is

ACQuins (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 11:42
Being a long suffering supporter of both Quins and Arsenal, this news does explain a hell of a lot.

Yareet (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 11:50
Quote:
T-Bone
Disciplinary system sounds fine. Not sure why JK feels that Yarde being sacked was a failure on both sides. If the system was set out from the beginning and they went through the different steps, then surely only Marland to blame? If they jumped from step 1 to 4, then club maybe more to blame, but doesn't sound like that was the case.

I would guess that JK’s intention was to have a system which he hoped would never get to step 4 - is the player would reform having learnt their lessons after steps 1-3. Yarde would appear not to have so the system didn’t work S JK hoped/intended.

DruidsLodge (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 11:58
"you cannot have players running the environment." Makes sense to me.

Perhaps having management that are immediately retired players or player coaches is precisely the problem.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 12:13
Quote:
Yareet
Quote:
T-Bone

I would guess that JK’s intention was to have a system which he hoped would never get to step 4 - is the player would reform having learnt their lessons after steps 1-3. Yarde would appear not to have so the system didn’t work S JK hoped/intended.

I'm sure you're right. I just don't see how Yarde's failure to learn his lesson is a failure on the part of the club

RleQuin (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 13:25
Quote:
ACQuins
Being a long suffering supporter of both Quins and Arsenal, this news does explain a hell of a lot.

Agreed 100% - that is exactly what I said when I read it!!
Perhaps JK has given AW advice on signing players (Sm17)
RleQ

blucherquin (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 15:34
Quote:
talkshowhost86
"The Discipline System" sounds like a book by J.G. Ballard

I think it’s by Max Mosley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net