rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Team for Saracens
raedarius (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 11:35
Harlequins team to play Saracens (Harlequins appearances)

15. Mike Brown (287)
14. Charlie Walker (75)
13. Alofa Alofa (38)
12. Jamie Roberts (39)
11. Tim Visser (46)
10. Marcus Smith (12)
9. Danny Care (233)

1. Joe Marler (158)
2. Elia Elia (7)
3. Will Collier (117)
4. George Merrick (69)
5. James Horwill (Captain, 49)
6. Renaldo Bothma (-)
7. Chris Robshaw (247)
8. Mat Luamanu (51)

16. Dave Ward (127)
17. Lewis Boyce (6)
18. Kyle Sinckler (106)
19. Dino Lamb (7)
20. Archie White (9)
21. Jono Kitto (2)
22. James Lang (10)
23. Ross Chisholm (81)

No Ben Glynn. I don't believe you...

Re: Team for Saracens
quin_jon (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 11:39
Sarries team

15 Alex Goode (242)
14 Sean Maitland (26)
13 Marcelo Bosch (104)
12 Brad Barritt (c) (205)
11 Chris Wyles (237)
10 Owen Farrell (159)
9 Richard Wigglesworth (196)

1 Mako Vunipola (128)
2 Jamie George (180)
3 Vincent Koch (26)
4 Nick Isiekwe (16)
5 George Kruis (145)
6 Maro Itoje (83)
7 Calum Clark (8)
8 Jackson Wray (183)

Replacements

16 Christopher Tolofua (7)
17 Richard Barrington (117)
18 Juan Figallo (69)
19 Will Skelton (13)
20 Schalk Burger (34)
21 Ben Spencer (113)
22 Alex Lozowski (40)
23 Nathan Earle (44)

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 11:42
Here's hoping we don't have too many last minute injury withdrawls.

I'm guessing Kyle's on the bench to try to make use of tired legs later on in the game. Good to see Elia2 start. He's looked the best of our hookers overall this season. Here's hoping Bothma is itching to make an impact after being sidelined so far this season. I'm still worried that Roberts slows down our backs. Our bench is the worry though...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2017 12:07 by Fearless Fred.

Teddington Taff (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 11:43
All things considered that's the best side we've put out for a few weeks.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 11:43
Was delighted when i saw our team.

Then i saw sarries' ...

Stooperman (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 11:45
Looking forward to seeing how Bothna goes. THat should be some battle of the back rows.

That's the strongest team we've put out for a while & on paper it should be close...on grass, who knows!

DOK (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 11:45
This looks like being a long long 80 minutes!

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 11:46
Loom at their bench ffs

Adi Nako (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 12:09
Quote:
RodneyRegis
Was delighted when i saw our team.
Then i saw sarries' ...

Exactly the same.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 12:09
I think we'll be looking at the back row to make some hard yards... Looking to see Bothma in action as I think he and Big Mat could do some serious damage. I just hope he stays fit. The team looks pretty good on paper; front row could be interesting too.

Here's hoping for a strong performance, whatever the result.

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 12:10
Decent looking team for us considering what we've seen in the last few weeks, and it'll be particularly interesting to see how Bothma gets on.

But that Sarries team is just ridiculous. Not a weak link throughout the 23 really, whereas our bench looks pretty unimpressive, and there's at least three positions where I think we look weak in the first XV.

Huge gap between the clubs basically, however it may have come about.

We always seem to get up for this game at home so that will hopefully narrow the gap. But even so, it's hard to look at those lineups and see anything other than a Sarries win.

Cookie (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 12:17
I put 3 of our starters ahead of theirs in a combined XV. And probably 1 of the bench.

ACQuins (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 13:12
Quote:
Cookie
I put 3 of our starters ahead of theirs in a combined XV. And probably 1 of the bench.

Visser ahead of Wyles? Robshaw ahead of Clark? Who else do you reckon? I would say Care ahead of Wigglesworth, but Wigglesworth suits Sarries' game down to a tee.

Cookie (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 13:22
I had Robbo, DC and Browny with Horwill as a coin flip.

Sinckler ahead of Figallo on the bench.

poorfour (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 13:27
13 internationals, and 4 more on the bench, vs 11 (I think) and 1 on the bench for us.

The bigger difference, in my mind, is that their team has played together a lot, whereas we have a brand new back row combo and a front row and centres who have played at most a handful of games. That's gonna be tough.

Ironically, though, power in the back row might be the one area we have a possible edge. Bet we'll be avoiding lineouts, though. Expect a lot of Danny Care quick taps.

We also have Marcus Smith against Owen Farrell, which will be fascinating. I want to see if Smith can manipulate the Sarries rush defence into doing his bidding. One downside of their line speed if is he can get them moving in one direction and then change the point of attack, he can create gaps.

I'm really glad we've got Dr Jamie and the Robshaw twins [1] to help protect Marcus, because they will be throwing big runners down his channel all day, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the odd late hit.

In fact, our best bet might actually be if Farrell oversteps the mark on that and gets carded. Who is Sir tomorrow?

[1] Anyone else think that sounds like an 80's Top of the Pops act?

raedarius (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 13:56
The magnetically aligned Luke Pearce.

Stooperman (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 14:09
Quote:
poorfour
I'm really glad we've got Dr Jamie and the Robshaw twins [1] to help protect Marcus, because they will be throwing big runners down his channel all day, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the odd late hit.

In fact, our best bet might actually be if Farrell oversteps the mark on that and gets carded. Who is Sir tomorrow?

You can bet your life they'll target MArcus. Don't forget that after their first attempt to end George Lowe's career, they successfully made a second attempt.

No team are angels in this respect, but I think Sarries are just little more cynical and successful than most.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 14:29
Quote:
Stooperman
Quote:
poorfour

You can bet your life they'll target MArcus. Don't forget that after their first attempt to end George Lowe's career, they successfully made a second attempt.

No team are angels in this respect, but I think Sarries are just little more cynical and successful than most.

You think a rugby player tries to deliberately end the career of another?

NicoWilson (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 14:43
Quote:
poorfour
[1] Anyone else think that sounds like an 80's Top of the Pops act?

Guilty

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 14:45

SiBolton (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 16:11
As others said, very pleased with selection
Then saw Sarries

Iíll be happy with. LBP and bloody ecstatic if we win it
But honestly donít see us leaving with anything,

Hymenoptera (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 16:22
Calum Clark

Hellequin (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 16:23
Apart from 4 (Twomey) 13(Marchant/Sailli) & 14(Is CW 1st choice level) possibly 10? (Cat/Smith) basically 1st choice team. More concerned what will happen with the replacements.
Really hope we can make it 3 years in a row beating Sarries at the Stoop, as I work with quite a few Sarries fans alsi would he good to expand their losing streak 😅

Quins4life (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 16:41
Just going to leave these two videos here. Not fancied much either of these days either...

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Let get behind the lads and cheers them on to another victory

Hellequin (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 16:53
Thanks Q4L added to my playlist for Sunday.

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 17:58
Quote:
Quins4life
Just going to leave these two videos here. Not fancied much either of these days either...
[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Let get behind the lads and cheers them on to another victory

Two massive performances.

We’ll need the same again but they show it can be done.

COYQ!

Saintquin (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 17:46
Big game for Smith!

Harlequins, (was once) probably the best rugby club in the world!
(Sm115)(Sm115)(Sm115)

Hellequin (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 17:52
Quote:
Saintquin
Big game for Smith!

Can players wear extra protection underneath their kit? Smith could probably with some extra padding around his ribs this weekend.

The same way England cricketers might wear a bit more upper body protection for the Ashes in Australia after the first test.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 18:00
Smith will be hit late and high and Sir will do nothing. Annoying thing is, it hasn't have to be the case, as they can beat us easily enough with no unpleasant play.

Don;t think players set out to end careers, but some definitely set out to seriously hurt other players. Not just put them off their game, but really hurt them. Can;t remember if it was ben youngs or harry ellis, but one of them always used to target a kicker's standing leg. Disgusting.

Their bench vs ours makes me want to cry. Still, done it the last two years, so let's see. Can't wait for the game. Not looking forward to Monday's hangover if we win

Hellequin (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 18:06
Quote:
T-Bone
Can't wait for the game. Not looking forward to Monday's hangover if we win

Fortunately I'd already booked this Monday off work so I can celebrate our win on Sunday properly :-)

MrOther (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 15:19
Quote:
RodneyRegis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkmMK76xARo

Saw it at the time and can't watch it again.

If I was in charge, this would be a lifetime ban.

I don't care about red mist coming down, moments of madness etc etc. This man has no place in my sport.

1908 (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 17:28
The mackerel were swimming against the tide this morning...seagulls were unusually quiet. The crimp on my pastie today was slightly cracked and burnt. The head on my Tibute was creamier than normal as well. And the Swordfish ran out of beer.

These are all signs. You could well be smiling tomorrow. I'm off to do my prediction. It's all pointing to a Quins win. Have faith and follow me my friends.

Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 19:23
Quote:
The mackerel were swimming against the tide this morning...seagulls were unusually quiet. The crimp on my pastie today was slightly cracked and burnt. The head on my Tibute was creamier than normal as well. And the Swordfish ran out of beer.
These are all signs. You could well be smiling tomorrow. I'm off to do my prediction. It's all pointing to a Quins win. Have faith and follow me my friends.

Mmm, bluff or double bluff?

1908 (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 19:37
That's cruel, Bedfordshire Boy.

How could you accuse a humble Cornish fish merchant of such a thing? That's the sort of behaviour I expect from Stooperman.

Quins and Pirates for home wins tomorrow. Change your predictions now. You know it makes sense...

Stooperman (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 09:07
Quote:
That's cruel, Bedfordshire Boy.
How could you accuse a humble Cornish fish merchant of such a thing? That's the sort of behaviour I expect from Stooperman.

Quins and Pirates for home wins tomorrow. Change your predictions now. You know it makes sense...

Oooh blimey, this could be a triple bluff. They're cunning these cornishmen, years of watching the tides and predicting the weather based on nothing more than the way a pilchards scales are glinting gives them a huge psychological advantage!

I'm sticking to my 62-0 to Quins predicition (Sm128)

HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 11:04
Would take a lbp. I think our defence (lack of) will.be our undoing. Cant ship points and still win, esp against a top side

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 11:23
Quote:
HonkyTonk
Would take a lbp. I think our defence (lack of) will.be our undoing. Cant ship points and still win, esp against a top side

You've got it all wrong. The first aim is to score 4 tries, then we can start worrying about defence.

Adi Nako (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 11:29
To be fair we would probably be more likely to get a TBP than a LBP at the moment... both seem very unlikely anyway!

PickledPelican (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 12:25
Tackling a player hard enough so that the injury forces them off the pitch... Yes!

Deliberately trying to end another player's career...... Possibly?

1908 (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 17:21
Never doubt the mackerel and pasty crimp.
(Pirates won as well)

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 23:55
Quote:
(Pirates won as well)

All Tribute to the Mighty Seer!!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Stooperman (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 12:27
Quote:
(Pirates won as well)

Well played sir!

1908 (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 17:25
Didn't do me much good in prediction league, though. I went for 26-25 to Quins!

Still think that you should only get points if you get the result right.

Never mind. Onwards and upwards....like you Quins.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net