rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Saints Message Board?
01 December, 2017 22:00
Blimey they are a moany depressing lot!! What is the matter with them!!!?? smiling smiley

Re: Saints Message Board?
PickledPelican (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 22:07
Lots of empty seats there tonight.

Samquin (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 09:28
Quote:
Harleys Evil Step Mum
Blimey they are a moany depressing lot!! What is the matter with them!!!?? smiling smiley

What worse than CAW?

blucherquin (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 10:04
Quote:
PickledPelican
Lots of empty seats there tonight.

Yeah i thought that but wonder if our attendance might have been about the same - freezing cold Friday night at the start of Xmas party season. Last time I went to saints from London there were loads of Saints fans on the train travelling up.....

Quartermaster67 (IP Logged)
09 December, 2017 17:22
Just watching the match against Ospreys. Can't believe how many empty seats for a Champions Cup match - the stadium must be less than half full ? Are their fans voting with their feet or is it just a Xmas thing ?

Dinsdale (IP Logged)
09 December, 2017 17:56
Quote:
Quartermaster67
Just watching the match against Ospreys. Can't believe how many empty seats for a Champions Cup match - the stadium must be less than half full ? Are their fans voting with their feet or is it just a Xmas thing ?

Let's see what our attendance is tomorrow. Weather forecast is nasty!

New Forest Quin (IP Logged)
09 December, 2017 19:22
Quote:
Dinsdale
Quote:
Quartermaster67

Match sold out.

Matthew (IP Logged)
09 December, 2017 20:26
Quote:
Quartermaster67

Bit of everything, I think - bad time, cold weather, woefully underperforming team, Christmas season, premium prices for bargain-basement rugby, the list goes on. The goodwill has finally been exhausted for many, and there are many even with season tickets who are saying that they don't want to sit though a Saints game any more at the moment. There were plenty walking out in disgust during the game too.

Our attendance on the 23rd versus Exeter will be interesting to say the least.... Very bad times for us as a club.

ACTUAL BEHIND-THE-SCENES TRAINING
FOOTAGE FROM SARACENS:
http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/37800000/Scrooge-McDuck-gif-mickey-and-friends-37815657-245-188.gif

Quartermaster67 (IP Logged)
09 December, 2017 20:44
Quote:
Matthew
Quote:
Quartermaster67

Bit of everything, I think - bad time, cold weather, woefully underperforming team, Christmas season, premium prices for bargain-basement rugby, the list goes on. The goodwill has finally been exhausted for many, and there are many even with season tickets who are saying that they don't want to sit though a Saints game any more at the moment. There were plenty walking out in disgust during the game too.

Our attendance on the 23rd versus Exeter will be interesting to say the least.... Very bad times for us as a club.

Matthew - sincere sympathies from a Quins fan. We've all had moments (this season included) where our level of support has been tested and I certainly wasn't gloating. Just surprised as i thought the majority of Saints fans were more resolute than others.

Matthew (IP Logged)
09 December, 2017 20:47
Thanks, and no gloating taken! I thought we would be a bit more resolute than this too myself, but this isn't an overnight thing, more that the final straws are being placed on the camel's back. I think official attendance was announced (after the game - in happier times it's usually around the 70th minute!) as being 8,105, so not much over half full.

FOOTAGE FROM SARACENS:
http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/37800000/Scrooge-McDuck-gif-mickey-and-friends-37815657-245-188.gif

FBQuin (IP Logged)
09 December, 2017 21:01
Matthew I also feel your pain. Since we won the Prem in 2012, we do not appear to have kicked on. Would like to know your views on the new boys at Saints. In particular Piers Francis- A player who has done the hard miles by playing rugby in NZ for the first part of his career!

Matthew (IP Logged)
09 December, 2017 21:18
Rob Horne's a class act, best signing we made for this season I think. One of those players that looks a step above most, if you get what I mean.

Francis has looked good, but has unfortunately been away a lot with injury or England so we haven't seen a great deal of him. He went off for an HIA today at around 15 minutes and never came back.

Of all our players I think young Mallinder is the one to watch.

Some interesting parallels between our two clubs since we each won the Prem - in the following season we both pretty much rested on our laurels and go light on the signings. We (Saints alone here) also suffered from never really replacing Manoa, and then when we did Picamoles went and left us in a mess.

FOOTAGE FROM SARACENS:

blucherquin (IP Logged)
10 December, 2017 06:55
Quote:
New Forest Quin
Quote:
Dinsdale
Quote:
Quartermaster67

Match sold out.

Yes but as we know thats 10k seats which are season tickets so it’s a “sell out” but I’ll be amazed if they all turn up.

Forecast is rain/snow, windy and maximum temp -2c

Cookie (IP Logged)
10 December, 2017 07:13
Quote:
New Forest Quin
Quote:
Dinsdale
Quote:
Quartermaster67

Match sold out.

Doesn't mean much - I've got 7 STs off mates who aren't going and know 2 others that aren't. Mate with a box hadn't even filled that as of yesterday afternoon.

Stooperman (IP Logged)
10 December, 2017 08:53
We have STs, but there's no way I'm going to risk my aged Pa having a slip or a fall on icy pavements - so we'll show up in the attendance figures, but we won't actually be there - if you know what I mean.

We went to every game during that hard winter of 2010/2011, but Father Time has done for us this year I think.

The point of this ramble being that everyone has their own individual circumstances, & although we won't be there its not from any falling out of love with rugby or with the club.

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
10 December, 2017 13:16
Quote:
Stooperman
We have STs, but there's no way I'm going to risk my aged Pa having a slip or a fall on icy pavements - so we'll show up in the attendance figures, but we won't actually be there - if you know what I mean.
We went to every game during that hard winter of 2010/2011, but Father Time has done for us this year I think.

The point of this ramble being that everyone has their own individual circumstances, & although we won't be there its not from any falling out of love with rugby or with the club.

Seconded. I've had to miss todays game because of the snow completely screwing up travel in south Oxon (roads including major arteries like M40 & A34 closed, trains in Oxford & Didcot Parkway with "indefinite delays"). I managed to travel a total of 8 miles out of the 70 I needed to travel in over two hours. Sometimes circumstances just conspire against folks making it on a game day...

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
10 December, 2017 15:25
Surely there were too many empty seats for that to have been sold out, in spite of the weather preventing some people from travelling.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
11 December, 2017 13:14
The announcer said it was around 8k?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net