rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Good things
blucherquin (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 20:03
Other than the absolute delight of beating Sarries...

The Robshaw twins, Care, Brown outstanding

Lang had a tough start but then very good

Bothma looks like the real deal as well.

Promising

Re: Good things
Quaking Quin (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 20:18
Care the difference between the two teams. Three touches of brilliance for each of Quins' tries.

Bothma operates for 80 minutes and looks a very important addition.

Promising..........

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 20:41
Thought care was poor outside the tries, very slow.

I'll letbhim.off though smiling smiley

southquin (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 20:46
Really liked the look of Bothma, kept going for the full 80 even though he was blowing hard.

When i looked at his bio I thought that 6'2" referred to just his height not his width as well. He is square.

DC was brilliant at times, the Robshaw twins were quite abrasive on top of the normal. brown imperious under the high ball. Thought Lang did very well up against Faz especially as he picked up an arm injury early on. Both our wings have a real nose for the try line in different ways.

Thought the good Doctor did his shift. He really is an excellent tackler.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 20:50
Yes, noticed lang took a couple of kicks without moving his arm at all.

StevenRobertson (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 20:50
It was a proper game and now, after a few beers to calm me down, I can reflect with some objectivity. At least I hope I can. From a sarries perspective? Alex Goode under the high ball. Defence around the tight. Another great performance from the most underrated no.8 in the Premiership.

If I try to put a neutral hat on? The increasing competition in the league. that today’s match challenged the move towards a one dimensional game; the forwards and backs played different games. Danny Care’s resurgence of form. The niggle. There’s a schism in the game whereby the top two tier have TMOs and the rest don’t. That melee in the first half was reminiscent of football.

The bad? Continuing decline in respect for the ref. And that starts with the BT commentary. As a ref I realise I must miss loads but that’s inevitable and listening to Healy et al (who is actually a better commentator than a player and I played against several times before he retired), constantly asking “was that a forward pass?” Etc undermines the credibility of the officials and the culture flows down to the supporters. Horwill’s (sic?) “dive” to Kruis knee was excruciatingly embarrassing and a horrid inttrusion in the game.

But there is zero doubt, and I am not being sycophantic, that Harlequins deserved to win. IMO saracens played well as did!out internationals. You Quinn’s just played better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2017 20:55 by StevenRobertson.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 20:54
I never understand the football argument that grass roots can't have video tecbnology and therefore neither should top-flight. People's livelihoods swing on referee decisions at tje top of the game, as well as promotion and demotion. A lower league game is simply not comparable.

Roaming Quin (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 21:20
RB looks like he’ll be one hell of a player when match fit, full 80 and not 100% wish he’d save his hard hits formoppo not out prop. Lol

Lang did well I’m sure he dislocated his shoulder if so what a guy. I sit in south stand and sure I saw him trying to relocate it.

The rest of team all stepped up.

Elia starting 2 for sure.

ssdudley (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 22:04
I heard that Lang did indeed pop his shoulder, and put it back in. If true, full respect. But from a medical point of view, should we have pulled him off (yes, I fully understand our alternatives).

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 21:48
I think it's hard to pick out a standout from today. DC got the plaudits but everyone on the pitch put their bodies on the line and played their hearts out. There will be some sore bodies tomorrow, but they can hold their heads high. I hope this kick starts the self-belief that they need.

I'm going to enjoy watching Bothma and Elia grow into their roles. Elia deserves a run of games as first choice hooker. As for Bothma, when he gets up to full match fitness we will have a great double act with him and Luamanu charging at defences.

I thought Walker played well today and took his tries well. Marland who? I think he may have scored earlier in the first half if he'd have backed himself instead of cutting back in against the three Sarries defenders though.

This may be a bit premature (I hope not), but if this is getting towards the squad that JK wants, and the systems are finally starting to work, I am a very optimistic Quins fan.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 21:49
Quote:
ssdudley
...should we have pulled him off...

I think he'd have been happy with a few beers and a round of applause (Sm100)

SiBolton (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 22:13
Bothma looks like a good signing
Lang played well and fair play due to injury
Care moments of brilliance
Visser try
Even the Library had some atmosphere

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 22:16
Quote:
RodneyRegis

There were quite a few breakdowns when I thought he had time to make a cup of tea - but Sarries' defence was always up quickly and I think his options were shut out, so he was looking for somewhere to offload that wouldn't result in instant stalemate.

Quote:
Quinky Kin
I think he (Walker) may have scored earlier in the first half if he'd have backed himself instead of cutting back in against the three Sarries defenders though.

He'd strayed off the wing channel and was too far in field - there was cover and I think he wanted to keep ball alive, so cut inside but didn't have enough support. It was a few minutes after he had scored his first try, I think.

Great result, but Sarries' lack of ambition in attack cost them the game. At 10-0 up, they blew the chance to put us to the sword, but we didn't fold like we did at Bath the week before.

Need to play with the same intensity for the next 4 games - 2x Ulster, Newcastle and Saints to back up this result. Then the same again for the next set of games.

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
03 December, 2017 22:24
Quote:
Bolly-Quin
Quote:
RodneyRegis

There were quite a few breakdowns when I thought he had time to make a cup of tea - but Sarries' defence was always up quickly and I think his options were shut out, so he was looking for somewhere to offload that wouldn't result in instant stalemate.

Quote:
Quinky Kin
I think he (Walker) may have scored earlier in the first half if he'd have backed himself instead of cutting back in against the three Sarries defenders though.

He'd strayed off the wing channel and was too far in field - there was cover and I think he wanted to keep ball alive, so cut inside but didn't have enough support. It was a few minutes after he had scored his first try, I think.

Great result, but Sarries' lack of ambition in attack cost them the game. At 10-0 up, they blew the chance to put us to the sword, but we didn't fold like we did at Bath the week before.

Need to play with the same intensity for the next 4 games - 2x Ulster, Newcastle and Saints to back up this result. Then the same again for the next set of games.

Just keep it simple and play with that intensity every weekend.

Roaming Quin (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 07:03
My one criticism is we always pass to a static pod. We need players to be 8n motion, imag8ne an already at pace, Bothma or Luamanu hitting a line. Ouch

blucherquin (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 07:19
Quote:
ssdudley
I heard that Lang did indeed pop his shoulder, and put it back in. If true, full respect. But from a medical point of view, should we have pulled him off (yes, I fully understand our alternatives).

Didn't realise medical staff offered that as an option, I guess it would have cheered him up.

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 09:30
DC was the obvious standout and I think adapted very well to Sarries' quick defence. It was a shame Smith wasn't playing actually as I think his inventiveness would have put Sarries a bit more on the backfoot.

Having said that Lang did okay, and it wasn't exactly a rear guard action from Quins. I don't know what the possession or territory stats were but I'd be surprised if we were behind on either.

Bothma looks like he'll be an excellent addition, and as others have said we need to give Elia a run of games to see if he can finally give us a bit of quality at hooker.

One criticism was that we seemed unable to make many yards in the game through simple play (all three tries coming from DC kicks) but to be honest that will happen to plenty of teams against Sarries.

Overall it was just a massive result, a massive performance and could be used as a turning point if JK and co can get the players to keep that level of intensity week in week out.

RleQuin (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 09:55
Great win, I hope we don't look back on this as the highlight of the season (again)!
RleQ

ChipsteadQuin (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 09:59
I thought both defences were solid today , apart from Koch running through Lang in the opening minutes there was no way through by the usual routes..

Charlie Walkers anticipation and speed for his second was the standout for me

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 10:00
70 possession and 75 territory.

T-Bone (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 10:25
Biggest positive for me was the level of commitment and intensity. No let up, which was great to see. It does make it so frustrating though that we can;t do it every week.

DC's kicks were excellent. Thought his service was rather slow, but mainly because the ball was so slow coming back.

Thought Lang did really well. Decent length on his kicks to touch and clearly playing through an injury. The future is bright with him and Smith pushing each other.

Massive effort by the forwards. Thought Sarries were incredibly lucky not to have a least one player sent to the bin

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 11:29
Sarries definitely lucky to not receive a card or two. Their play showed a level of professionalism/cynicism that most teams don't have or don't get away with.

One thing did make me smile, reading the BBC report. JK's comments were full of praise (rightfully) for Sarries and who they are and what they've achieved. As he says, it's always an achievement to beat them, for any team. And then McCall's comments... apparently the defeat was all down to Sarries, they could have and should have won the game, etc etc. Not exactly commending Quins for a game well played. Apparently Sarries had Quins "contained". What a sore loser he is!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2017 11:29 by Quinky Kin.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net