rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Ronaldo Bothma
04 December, 2017 08:28
He put in a recent decent shift yesterday, carries, tackles packed down at 8 as well in the second half! I was very impressed with the 80mins with no full games played for a long time!

Well done and long may it continue!

Re: Ronaldo Bothma
Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 10:44
Renaldo smiling smiley

T-Bone (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 10:51
Very impressive to last 80 minutes after so long out and in such a hard fought, largely forwards-based game.

I must admit I didn't notice him that much at the ground, but I've watched some of the game back and see that he really put himself about. I wouldn't say it the most mobile back row I've ever seen yesterday, but certainly got the job done

Stooperman (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 12:24
I was really impressed with him - from the Neil Back like interference with their scrum half, the crunching hits and terrier like attitude. He is exactly what we have been missing since Big Mo left.

We are going to be a much better team with him in it.

DOK (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 13:07
I was very impressed with the guy. See why JK was excited about signing him. If we can just start to get some of these injured players back on the pitch for the second half of the season we'll be OK.

Dinsdale (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 13:47
We have struggled to make yards in heavy traffic for a while. We were at our best with Big Mo and Easter and haven't properly replaced either of them. Bothma looked very decent. Maybe with him, Luamanu & Chisholm we're getting back to a decent selection. If Clifford gets back to his best then we'll finally be looking OK.

Teddington Taff (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 13:59
Younger Chisholm makes good yards.

Grumpy Bloke (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 23:14
Great choice for that game ! It was a proper, old fashioned rugby game. Bothma, Luamanu, Horwill et al may not have broken Sarries down but they plugged away at them so relentlessly that when Danny Care turned on the football skills they were bamboozled ! Welcome aboard Renaldo.

fandg2 (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 10:52
Quote:
T-Bone
Very impressive to last 80 minutes after so long out and in such a hard fought, largely forwards-based game.

Bit surprised JK left him on for 80 minutes all things considered. Archie White was on the bench and hasn't let anyone down yet, did wonder whether it would have been better to have him off for the last 10 minutes in case he breaks again. Hopefully 'we've' got away with it as I'm expecting a few injuries to be announced from that game as it was pretty brutal out there.

TitusQuin (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 17:56
Considering he hasn’t played for a long time he put in a hell of a shift. Have to admit it’s goong to be quite hard distinguishing him from Robshaw as they r identical.
As others have said on here we haven’t found high quality replacements from Minty and Mo who play week in week out but may have it now with the Bothma/Chis/Luamanu options

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 17:34
Have you seen a photo of each of them?

Illegitimi non carborundum

Cookie (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 17:40
Quote:
TitusQuin
Considering he hasn’t played for a long time he put in a hell of a shift. Have to admit it’s goong to be quite hard distinguishing him from Robshaw as they r identical.
As others have said on here we haven’t found high quality replacements from Minty and Mo who play week in week out but may have it now with the Bothma/Chis/Luamanu options

It's simple - Bothma wears green boots. Robshaw would never do that!!

TitusQuin (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 17:46
Thanks, great observation. I shall watch their feet next time!

mikepw (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 17:59
Just watched the game again - interested that when Dino came on, at the first scrum he (Dino) went to 8, I guess 'cos he'd ben told to replace Matt L. Then Renaldo gave him a funny look and asked if he was really sure about that - and told him to swap places.

Good, thinking about the game... it'll never catch on.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 18:36
Quote:
TitusQuin
Have to admit it’s goong to be quite hard distinguishing him from Robshaw as they r identical.

Robshaw is the two guys who seem to be everywhere... Bothma is the tank with blond hair completely oblivious to anything in his way.

Adi Nako (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 18:40
Quote:
mikepw
Just watched the game again - interested that when Dino came on, at the first scrum he (Dino) went to 8, I guess 'cos he'd ben told to replace Matt L. Then Renaldo gave him a funny look and asked if he was really sure about that - and told him to swap places.

But nowhere near as fun as the time we accidentally had JTH in the scrum and Clifford in the back line.

fandg2 (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 20:47
Quote:
mikepw

Yes I saw all that as well, Matt had moved into the row when Horwell came off. Same as you I thought it was the right move to swap

poorfour (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 23:32
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
TitusQuin
Have to admit it’s goong to be quite hard distinguishing him from Robshaw as they r identical.

Robshaw is the two guys who seem to be everywhere... Bothma is the tank with blond hair completely oblivious to anything in his way.

poorfour (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 23:34
Bothma is close enough to Robshaw in skill set, fitness and haircut that it's like having four of them on the pitch.

In case anyone is in any doubt, this is not a bad thing.

southquin (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 09:50
Robbo had some large yellow flashes on his normally plain black Nikes on Sunday. A worrying trend.

Wyddy (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 10:38
They go with the highlights in his hair... He's more of a fancy Dan than he lets on!

The Quin Meister (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 22:26
Finally watched the full 80 minute video having missed the match. Have been waiting patiently for Bothma to make his Premiership debut - he was always JK's replacement for Easter. It doesn't come tougher than Saracens and to last the full match having been out for months says much about the heart of the big lad. Well played Ronaldo! Still knocking them over late in 2nd half off Danny box kicks. Shades of Big Mo there. I reckon there's plenty more to come from him when he gets match fit.....

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 00:35
Renaldo

Illegitimi non carborundum

fandg2 (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 09:10
Saw it at the time and now doing the rounds on social media are pics of Burgers first scrum, gives Bothma a nod and shake of hand just before they pack down facing each other. Thought it was a nice gesture at the time. (Although Burgers not one of my favourite players, since one of the most blatant gouges I've ever seen, during the last Lion tour to SA)

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 11:42
There was also a nice Saffa bonding moment when Bothma and Koch had a hug while all around them were throwing their handbags at each other.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net