rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Foul play & penalties leading up to tries
Kent Fan (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 12:10
I would like to see cards issued for the above even if a try is scored. Eg Ben Spencer should have gone for for 10 mins for his tackle / obstruction on Danny although Charlie scored.

This would make more impact in close games like yesterday.

Re: Foul play & penalties leading up to tries
PickledPelican (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 12:20
Some refs do, some don't..... are they just forgetful?

Tmo should act as refs "reminder service", a.yellow is a yellow!!

Cookie (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 14:38
Totally agree with this. For our first try they had been given a final warning and on the next play Charlie scored on a penalty advantage, so should have been yellow.

ChipsteadQuin (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 15:16
I agree about the yellow cards , but it seems like most officials deem that a try against is sufficient punishment.

I'm sure that a penalty restart from halfway used to be a more regular occurrence as well, but hardly see that sanction used now.

I thought that penalty restarts could be used for offences after the try was scored , or immediately prior providing the score was still made.

Its possible that the automatic 7 point Penalty Try has superceded that law of course.

Up to speed Ref needed plse .

RocQuin (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 15:31
Quote:
ChipsteadQuin
I agree about the yellow cards , but it seems like most officials deem that a try against is sufficient punishment.
I'm sure that a penalty restart from halfway used to be a more regular occurrence as well, but hardly see that sanction used now.

I thought that penalty restarts could be used for offences after the try was scored , or immediately prior providing the score was still made.

Its possible that the automatic 7 point Penalty Try has superceded that law of course.

I was also of this opinion, however I cannot remember the last time I saw a penalty kick restart.

Cookie (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 15:42
Collapsing a maul is more often than not a penalty try + yellow card e.g. Toby Flood. Not sure why it doesn't happen for other offences.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 11:53
The most heinous one is the knee drop on a defenceless prone player just after scoring. Equals gouging in my view.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Adi Nako (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 12:17
Quote:
RocQuin
Quote:
ChipsteadQuin

I was also of this opinion, however I cannot remember the last time I saw a penalty kick restart.

As is brought up fairly frequently on this board, a penalty restart can only be used for foul play that occurs after the ball has been made dead. Only after, the corresponding law is very clear on this.

Adi Nako (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 12:20
Quote:
Scaramouche
The most heinous one is the knee drop on a defenceless prone player just after scoring. Equals gouging in my view.

Technical offences leading up to tries don't bother me as much as some posters on this thread, but I hate how little is done about last ditch tackles and late hits in the act of scoring. Pundits dont help at all and seem all to willing to praise a try saving tackle even if it was clearly illegal at any other part of play.

Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 13:02
Quote:
Scaramouche

As done to Yarde in the LI game. By the full back who then went on to score a try, when realistically he shouldn't have been on the pitch.

DOK (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 13:21
Quote:
Scaramouche

Agree 100%

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 13:51
Quote:
Scaramouche

It's bad, but nowhere near gouging.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
05 December, 2017 16:25
? Broken spine or blind in one eye? Tough choices.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net