Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Drinkers Causing Problems
DOK (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 11:33

Re: Drinkers Causing Problems
Scaramouche (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 11:55
Going to the Loo I can understand because the beer is so weak you have to drink twice as much.

Do what the kids do and get loaded before you go in and top it up afterwards.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Adi Nako (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 12:11
40% of income comes between kick off and the final whistle! Madness.

quin_jon (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 12:14
Having once bought a pie and a pint at HQ where the pint was warmer than the pie.... never again.

SimonC (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 12:58
Easily solved - just like Wimbledon Tennis the stewards shouldn't let people back in until a lengthy break in play - half time, injury, try etc.

DOK (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 13:05
I'd love to see that! It'd be like King Canute and the sea! smiling smiley

Adi Nako (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 13:15
Quote:
SimonC
Easily solved - just like Wimbledon Tennis the stewards shouldn't let people back in until a lengthy break in play - half time, injury, try etc.

Even if they waited for a scrum or lineout it would make a decent difference.

PeterboroughQuin (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 13:25
I went to the Australia and Samoa games. The Australia game I took my daughter so didn't have any alcohol. It was a lovely change not to have to queue up for a beer and not have to go to the toilet several times during the game. The Samoa game I bought 4 cans of lager, 2 on the train down there and gave the bloke one who was sitting next to me. I took the last can into the stadium with me. I told the steward who searched me it was water. He just rolled his eyes and let me in! So I had that at half time.

06 December, 2017 13:45
YOUR THOUGHTS

At the England v Samoa game I arrived while the National Anthem was playing. Everyone was stood up in my row of seats so saying 'excuse me' and 'Thanks' I started to squeeze by until I got to this bloke who said to me 'I do not move for anybody while the National Anthem is playing'. I looked at him and said 'Are you f***ing kidding?'
He just carried on singing and then let me by after it had finished.

I'm just wondering should he have let me pass? Did he have the right to stop me getting to my seat?

fandg2 (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 13:55
Quote:
PeterboroughQuin
YOUR THOUGHTS

I'm just wondering should he have let me pass? Did he have the right to stop me getting to my seat?

Probably and probably not is the answer but the proper thing was, he's right in my view. Bit like taking your hat off when there's a minute silence, just the done thing. I was always taught to stand still for ANY National Anthem.

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 14:14
Sounds like Twickenham needs a few Johnny Dramas in the crowd - [www.youtube.com]

akb1 (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 14:27
Quote:
SimonC
No they shouldn't!

At Wimbledon and at cricket there are regular breaks in play, end of a set or end of an over and people are able to get back to their seats before the restart.
At Twickenham there aren't regular breaks so 1. people could be waiting a while to head back to their seat and 2. when there is a break in play e.g lineout/scrum, play will often restart before they have managed to get back to their seat.

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 14:29
Quote:
PeterboroughQuin
YOUR THOUGHTS
At the England v Samoa game I arrived while the National Anthem was playing. Everyone was stood up in my row of seats so saying 'excuse me' and 'Thanks' I started to squeeze by until I got to this bloke who said to me 'I do not move for anybody while the National Anthem is playing'. I looked at him and said 'Are you f***ing kidding?'

Why swear and why not stand still for the anthems?

Perhaps you were brought up badly.

06 December, 2017 17:32
Quote:
QuickerQuin
Quote:
PeterboroughQuin
YOUR THOUGHTS

I had to stop and stand there but by stopping me I was restricting someone elses view. Thought he was rude and out of order stopping me getting to my seat. He was stood up already. I could of quickly squeezed by if he had stepped back slightly.

Mayor West (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 17:56
Personally I would have stood respectfully at the end of the row until the anthem had finished. It is only appropriate to get up and get people to move for you during the game whilst getting beer even though everybody complains that it isn't fit to drink in the first place.

06 December, 2017 18:13
Next time I will wait if I hear the National Amthem playing but was busy looking for my seat row and there were others going into their rows. It might sound strange but I felt bullied into standing there.

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 18:25
Quote:
PeterboroughQuin
Quote:
QuickerQuin
Quote:
PeterboroughQuin
YOUR THOUGHTS

I had to stop and stand there but by stopping me I was restricting someone elses view. Thought he was rude and out of order stopping me getting to my seat. He was stood up already. I could of quickly squeezed by if he had stepped back slightly.

Why didn't you get to your seat in good time?

You still haven't explained why you thought it appropriate to use foul language in public.

Why not stand still when the anthems are played?

It's 'could have', not 'could of'.

I think my assessment of you is about right.

My apologies to all other readers, I normally try to avoid rudeness on internet forums.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2017 19:08 by QuickerQuin.

GrubbyQuin (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 19:01
Probably not “could have have”(Sm13)

poorfour (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 19:20
Quote:
akb1
Quote:
SimonC
No they shouldn't!

At Wimbledon and at cricket there are regular breaks in play, end of a set or end of an over and people are able to get back to their seats before the restart.
At Twickenham there aren't regular breaks so 1. people could be waiting a while to head back to their seat and 2. when there is a break in play e.g lineout/scrum, play will often restart before they have managed to get back to their seat.

Also, at tennis and cricket events, the restrictions are there because movement in the crowd could distract the players and influence the outcome of the match. That is not an issue at rugby.

06 December, 2017 19:42
I swore because he was stopping me getting to my seat and I thought it wasnt his right to stop me from doing that. I was getting to my seat in good time. The game hadnt started. People can choose whenever they like to get to their seat. I would have got there sooner if the security checks going into the ground had been arranged better as most fans were complaining about it.

DOK (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 19:48
Regardless, and he was being a bit over the top, I think showing respect for the anthems is important. Someone once threatened to "take me outside" in an England Fiji game when I asked him to stop talking through the Fiji National Anthem. People, eh? smiling smiley

TW Quin (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 19:58
Ok sometimes genuine logistical reasons for being delayed - but it’s HQ and Ł1+ per minute and it clearly fails to motivate those groups you see meandering over from Richmond pubs ten minutes before kick off

TeddingtonQuin (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 20:07
There was a bloke who used to sit near me who was habitually late yet always arrived with a pint. I got fed up with him one day when had he passed me, he would have obstructed my field of view to a piece of DC magic and a near try so I didn't get out of his way until play had stopped. He was unpleasant and aggressive when I pointed out that:

a/ he should make the same effort that others do to arrive on time and

b/ if for good reason he is late, that he should have the common courtesy to wait until there is a break in play before going along the row to his seat

I'm glad to say that he no longer sits in the same place but unfortunately he still arrives late every match

Some 'fans' should stay at home IMHO

West Stand, Block FD, Row S
@JT075 #COYQ

06 December, 2017 20:44
I got to the ground 40 minutes before kick off. I walked around to the West stand where my seat was in and then a steward was telling fans to go back towards the North stand to use a different entrance. Ive never had that much trouble to get into Twickenham before.

MrOther (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 22:18
Does it vary from section to section? Where I sit there are always the same two honorary stewards and they stop you entering (from the concourse to the seating) when the anthems are being sung. Seems reasonable enough to me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2017 22:20 by MrOther.

Dogger_ (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 23:07
Quote:
TeddingtonQuin
There was a bloke who used to sit near me who was habitually late yet always arrived with a pint. I got fed up with him one day when had he passed me, he would have obstructed my field of view to a piece of DC magic and a near try so I didn't get out of his way until play had stopped. He was unpleasant and aggressive when I pointed out that:

b/ if for good reason he is late, that he should have the common courtesy to wait until there is a break in play before going along the row to his seat

I'm glad to say that he no longer sits in the same place but unfortunately he still arrives late every match

100% TQ.
Had a similar situation recently but unfortunately I still see the twit every game.
Don’t need the agro but people repeatedly arriving late and leaving early is downright rude. Now and again maybe - all the time, no. This guy and his mate even leave 5 mins before half time to get to the bar with no queues, and then return 5 mins after the second half has started. Worse still, don’t even apologise or say thanks when pushing through. Unacceptable all round in my opinion but I guess others would say I should calm down and live and let live.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 00:46
This all sounds rather familiar.....

akb1 (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 07:13
Quote:
MrOther
Does it vary from section to section? Where I sit there are always the same two honorary stewards and they stop you entering (from the concourse to the seating) when the anthems are being sung. Seems reasonable enough to me.
Lower tier the rule used to be to stop people but this changed a few years back and they are allowed to let people enter. Which block do you sit?

TeddingtonQuin (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 18:04
Quote:
Dogger_
Quote:
TeddingtonQuin

100% TQ.
Had a similar situation recently but unfortunately I still see the twit every game.
Don’t need the agro but people repeatedly arriving late and leaving early is downright rude. Now and again maybe - all the time, no. This guy and his mate even leave 5 mins before half time to get to the bar with no queues, and then return 5 mins after the second half has started. Worse still, don’t even apologise or say thanks when pushing through. Unacceptable all round in my opinion but I guess others would say I should calm down and live and let live.

It's disrespectful to other supporters and displays a lack of common courtesy IMHO. I'm sure I'd get fed up with it and have a word!

West Stand, Block FD, Row S
@JT075 #COYQ

MrOther (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 18:33
Quote:
akb1
Quote:
MrOther
Lower tier the rule used to be to stop people but this changed a few years back and they are allowed to let people enter. Which block do you sit?

I sit in block M34.

At the moment in the middle of the row, so nobody has to squeeze past me to get to the loo/bar. From next November I’ll be on the aisle, which means everyone in my row will have to push past me to get in/out (but that I will disturb no one with a quick dash to the facilities). Swings and roundabouts.

Fanski (IP Logged)
08 December, 2017 16:51
"No they shouldn't!

At Twickenham there aren't regular breaks so 1. people could be waiting a while to head back to their seat and 2. when there is a break in play e.g lineout/scrum, play will often restart before they have managed to get back to their seat"

yes they should people who are there to watch the game do not want to be interrupted by idiots who either cannot go 80 minutes without a drink or have so many they have to go to the loo all the time.

Just wait until the game is over then have a beer if a person cannot wait 80 minutes they are sad and need a life.

Fanski (IP Logged)
08 December, 2017 16:59
"I had to stop and stand there but by stopping me I was restricting someone elses view. Thought he was rude and out of order stopping me getting to my seat. He was stood up already. I could of quickly squeezed by if he had stepped back slightly."

1 why do you think the world has to do what you want?
2 to talk when an anthem is playing is ignorant
3 you are lucky the guy did not punch you in the mouth for swearing
4 when the anthems start you wait and stand until they are over
5 did your parents not teach you basic manners

talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
08 December, 2017 17:41
Quote:
Fanski
"I had to stop and stand there but by stopping me I was restricting someone elses view. Thought he was rude and out of order stopping me getting to my seat. He was stood up already. I could of quickly squeezed by if he had stepped back slightly."

Basic manners like punching people who say something you don’t like?

I’d also like to see the rules on what to do during anthems. Hadn’t realised we had a North Korea approach to a dull dirge of a song about someone many don’t believe in protecting an unelected monarch that many don’t agree with.

Perhaps they were handed out at the last Brexit rally and I missed it.

Roaming Quin (IP Logged)
08 December, 2017 18:19
Personally would not have moved either, think a big dose of Man up might help with the feeling bullied.

08 December, 2017 18:22
Thanks for all your input.

Fanski

I don't.

I thought my seat was closer than it was in the row so thought I could just nip in to it. In fact it was easier to get to my seat from the other side. I'm always friendly and apologetic when squeezing by fans.

He was lucky that I only swore at him. He was taller and fat. Im down the gym 4 times a week. I would have had him if he had tried to punch me.

why do you think the world has to do what you want?

Yes did yours?

QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
08 December, 2017 18:30
Quote:
PeterboroughQuin
Thanks for all your input.
Fanski

I don't.

I thought my seat was closer than it was in the row so thought I could just nip in to it. In fact it was easier to get to my seat from the other side. I'm always friendly and apologetic when squeezing by fans.

He was lucky that I only swore at him. He was taller and fat. Im down the gym 4 times a week. I would have had him if he had tried to punch me.

why do you think the world has to do what you want?

Yes did yours?

I think it's going quite well, so far?

Robertquin (IP Logged)
08 December, 2017 21:44
Surely if you arrive late it's your problem (whether your fault or not) and you should get to your seat without bothering other people as far as possible. At the theatre you don't just wander back and forth with pies and beer and to the toilet whenever you feel like it. Wait for a break in play - they occur frequently enough. As far as the national anthem is concerned, you don't have to like it or sing it if you don't want to, but it's rude to disturb those of us who do.

Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
09 December, 2017 00:26
Quote:
He was taller and fat. Im down the gym 4 times a week. I would have had him if he had tried to punch me.

Yet you felt bullied.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
09 December, 2017 07:17
I dislike the current National Anthem but love the idea of a National Anthem as it makes me feel a sense of belonging and living well together in a civilised way.

I do not see playing a National Anthem as a way of doing anything other than showing respect for others and mainly, yourself.

Roaming Quin (IP Logged)
09 December, 2017 08:33
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
Quote:
He was taller and fat. Im down the gym 4 times a week. I would have had him if he had tried to punch me.

Yet you felt bullied.

Maybe the gym can only afford a cleaner 4 days a week.

SiBolton (IP Logged)
09 December, 2017 09:11
#RugbyFamily smileys with beer

Get to seat on time problem solved

Almost quin (IP Logged)
09 December, 2017 15:25
Peter sorry but in this situation you were in the wrong

lechef (IP Logged)
09 December, 2017 19:41
Quote:
Adi Nako
40% of income comes between kick off and the final whistle! Madness.
I thought the idea of going to a rugby match was to watch it.

Mayor West (IP Logged)
10 December, 2017 07:32
That's what I thought lechef, but it seems to be a drinking session with incidental rugby for far too many people. Especially at HQ.

Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
10 December, 2017 20:13
Quote:
Mayor West
That's what I thought lechef, but it seems to be a drinking session with incidental rugby for far too many people. Especially at HQ.

Wasn't that always the case, until rugby went professional?

BB

Mayor West (IP Logged)
11 December, 2017 07:51
As Ive mentioned before, when I did bar work at H Q in 1980/81, we stopped serving ten minutes before KO and then only started again at FT.
The only option now might be to stop people watching the game in the stands while in possession of a drink.

MrOther (IP Logged)
11 December, 2017 19:46
Quote:
Mayor West
As Ive mentioned before, when I did bar work at H Q in 1980/81, we stopped serving ten minutes before KO and then only started again at FT.
The only option now might be to stop people watching the game in the stands while in possession of a drink.

Sounds radical now, four decades later, but it’s not that the RFU needs the money. They’re swimming in it.

I drink modestly on game day since, with the passing years, it’s harder to ignore a full bladder, but I would find it bl00dy odd if the bars were closed at half time. I never go looking for beer then, but still I’d find it odd if it were to be banned.

blucherquin (IP Logged)
11 December, 2017 19:54
Maybe it’s just not that much of a problem and if you’re getting that upset by it you ought to have a pint and chill out.

Scaramouche (IP Logged)
12 December, 2017 01:12
Why can't they bring the beer to your seat? Oh, and maybe the bed bottles too....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net