rugbyunion
Latest News:

Quinssa WebsiteQuins News from News NowQuins Official Site

Let it snow
blucherquin (IP Logged)
10 December, 2017 07:46
Currently snowing in Twickenham and forecast says temperature will feel like -4c at kick off.

Wrap up warm!

Re: Let it snow
Robertquin (IP Logged)
10 December, 2017 08:06
I'm in Essex and we have about an inch of snow with lots more to come by the look of it. Can't see us getting anywhere as I'll need to leave in an hour or so in normal conditions.

New Forest Quin (IP Logged)
10 December, 2017 08:12
Just about to leave the New Forest now. Its windy and wet but no snow.
Its a shame that the game wasn't yesterday!

EalingEgg (IP Logged)
10 December, 2017 08:59
About 4 inches sat on my car in Beds and the usual option of the train would be madness as itís bound to grind to a halt shortly if this keeps up, looks like an afternoon watching on the TV.

baggie (IP Logged)
10 December, 2017 09:10
Moved from Leeds to Kettering earlier this year to be nearer to family ... at the same time making the journey to the Stoop much shorter

Woke up to a covering of snow ... it's still snowing with more forecast ... will give it a miss today sadly but at least it's on TV ... plus a few other cracking televised games in prospect

Safe journeys to all who decide to travel

COYQ !!

Fursty (IP Logged)
10 December, 2017 09:40
Have the club confirmed the game is on?

RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
10 December, 2017 09:22
Game will be on - there's been a dusting of sleet.

Bee Quin (IP Logged)
10 December, 2017 09:32
Quins Twitter feed says the pitch is in great shape and the game is going ahead

Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
10 December, 2017 09:36
I am going to give it a go fingers crossed.

MickyThe Lunch (IP Logged)
10 December, 2017 09:55
Just slush on the ground at present so not much to worry about. Quite a few big puddles around on the roads though.

OldMarovian (IP Logged)
10 December, 2017 10:09
Our match appears to have been cancelled so I'll watch Quins having a snowball fight with their opposition instead smiling smiley

Adi Nako (IP Logged)
10 December, 2017 11:48
Quote:
OldMarovian
Our match appears to have been cancelled so I'll watch Quins having a snowball fight with their opposition instead smiling smiley

Same, rather relieved to be honest!

Adi Nako (IP Logged)
10 December, 2017 11:51
Saracens have called off their game at home to Clermont. I'm somewhat surprised, are plastic pitches worse in snow? Didn't we play them at the Allianz in much worse snow a few seasons ago?

raedarius (IP Logged)
10 December, 2017 12:03
Can't comment on Barnet but it's still snowing in Harrow and about 2 inches deep. I'd imagine that the issues at Allianz are the access tracks outside of the ground, and the vertiginous incline of the main stand, which has very shallow footing along each row.

raedarius (IP Logged)
10 December, 2017 12:08
...though judging from Ali Eykyn's Twitter feed, it doesn't look like much effort has been made to clear the pitch (tbf, not clear when photos were taken)

Sarriebone (IP Logged)
10 December, 2017 12:16
The Sarries cancellation isn't down to the pitch it's because of access on surrounding roads, I'm a few miles away and we have about 6 inches and the roads are gridlocked

raedarius (IP Logged)
10 December, 2017 12:19
The video Saracens have put onto Twitter showing a snowbound pitch doesn't help their case in that regard, unfortunately.

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
10 December, 2017 12:30
Good job Wasps are playing away - there would have been a run on take-away pizza in snow-bound Coventry!

Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
10 December, 2017 12:36
I had to give up oon getting to the Stoop (for the first time in 5 years or so). The snow out here in South Oxon has caused major problems with roads and trains. The A34 and M40 shut in various locations, and trains delayed indefinitely at Didcot Parkway due to signal failures. Gutted to be missing it.

Dave Berko (IP Logged)
10 December, 2017 13:37
Quote:
raedarius
The video Saracens have put onto Twitter showing a snowbound pitch doesn't help their case in that regard, unfortunately.

Why clear it if the game's not on? They clear it with a snow plough in approx 15 mins

raedarius (IP Logged)
10 December, 2017 13:47
Quote:
Dave Berko
Quote:
raedarius

Why clear it if the game's not on? They clear it with a snow plough in approx 15 mins

That's not my point. It's not about the pitch, it's about publishing the video. Why show the pitch in that state when your point is that it is the surrounding infrastructure that is the problem? Did the club not anticipate that the video would not help their case?

Dave Berko (IP Logged)
10 December, 2017 14:23
Easier than photographing all local roads?

Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
10 December, 2017 14:25
Sat in a traffic jam for an hour before turning for home and made it in time to see the match on a live stream, probably would have been happier sat in the traffic to be honest,very poor show fro Quins.

QuinAlan (IP Logged)
10 December, 2017 19:27
OT.... This is nothing compared to the snow in Buffalo at the NFL game right now! Got to be playing with at least 9 inches of snow on the field & in a blizzard..!! Great fun!

T-Bone (IP Logged)
10 December, 2017 22:55
Left Birmingham at 9.30 to get to game. Got home to Kew at 4.15. Not a fun day. Don't think I'll bother with highlights

Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
11 December, 2017 07:30
You can always do your hair later...

T-Bone (IP Logged)
11 December, 2017 10:18
Quote:
Bolly-Quin
You can always do your hair later...

ha ha, very good

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net